Yamaha RX A 2010 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-08-2012, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
any & all insight to this unit as I now see it is last years model (to the NEW 2020) but dont see that much difference???
Some stores have discounted the 2010 to under $1000 now and wondering if it is time to rid myself of my old RX-V3000?

some of the features I like and do get wtih the 2010 include Pandora and dual subwoofers.....

I can get Airplay by connecting my Apple TV box to the unit and that takes care of that.......

4k might still be "out there" so thinking it is not needed now??

Comments??

THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-10-2012, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpope View Post

any & all insight to this unit as I now see it is last years model (to the NEW 2020) but dont see that much difference???
Some stores have discounted the 2010 to under $1000 now and wondering if it is time to rid myself of my old RX-V3000?
some of the features I like and do get wtih the 2010 include Pandora and dual subwoofers.....
I can get Airplay by connecting my Apple TV box to the unit and that takes care of that.......
4k might still be "out there" so thinking it is not needed now??
Comments??
THANKS

I should have asked you where to buy my RX-A2010 on Saturady from Amazon since you can find it for under $1000.

The 2010 and 2020 are fairly similar with the most notable diffrerences are (as you suggested) AirPlay/dropping netweok radio support on versus no AirPlay but network support on the the 2020. Unless you really want/need AirPlay (you obviously don't), I'd get the 2010 -- especially if you can find it for under $1000. That's the choice I made.

Links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yamaha RX-A2010, Samsung UN55B8000, AppleTV, Roku3, Yamaha CDC-685, Oppo BDP-93
Klipsch: (2) RF-83's, (1) RC-64, (2) RVX-54's, (2) RSX-5's
SVS: (1) SB13-Ultra
See links above for additional system details.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 AM

Liked: 13
Bestbuy has them on clearance for $998 if you can find one. You can also negotiate that price down further. I purchased their demo model for a great price (in my opinion).
post #4 of 4 Old 09-10-2012, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I would like to have Airplay but cant I get Airplay IF I connect my NEW Apple TV (which has Airplay) to the 2010?

When you say "Network support" on the 2020, what do you mean? As I thought the 2010 has the Network support as well?
Just doesnt have the pandora, napster, sirus options?
Please advise

Yes, it is Best Buy.......if they still have one I will try to knock more off of it

thanks for the insight
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page