Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 887 Old 02-19-2013, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post

No go again on the update. Got to 20% and received Error 6. I give up. I have Pandora on 15 other devices guess I'll use those. Thanks anyway for the help folks.

I got the SC-61 unit back from repair and set it up again. The Network functions are back. Different IP but that's ok. I had a USB drive plugged in and went to the Update section and found the drive had nothing on it so I swapped it for another drive (USB 2.0 Card Reader with SanDisk 512MB UltraII Stick) and restarted the update. Successful update in no time. Yea.
The repair shop said they replaced a component but didn't relate what it was. Can only guess but whatever it was, that was the culprit all along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 887 Old 02-19-2013, 07:14 AM

I have the canadian model 1227k and ive noticed that in the MCACC theres a thx speaker setting. Couldnt you just set it on thx speakers,that puts all your speakers to 80 hz automatically and then do the MCACC. wouldnt that be way easier ?
post #303 of 887 Old 02-19-2013, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by supra_87t View Post

Couldnt you just set it on thx speakers,that puts all your speakers to 80 hz automatically and then do the MCACC. wouldnt that be way easier ?
No, it wouldn't be way easier.

Greg Lee
post #304 of 887 Old 02-19-2013, 07:44 AM

Could you elaborate a little more than`` No, it wouldn't be way easier.``
post #305 of 887 Old 02-19-2013, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra_87t View Post

Could you elaborate a little more than`` No, it wouldn't be way easier.``
It's just a matter of checking off options on setup menus. We could count thumb twitches, I suppose, for setting each speaker to 'small', if that's not the default, and depending on how many speakers you're using, that might get you to a little easier for setting the THX option, I suppose, but not to "way easier". The 80Hz crossover setting for THX is the default.

Greg Lee
post #306 of 887 Old 02-20-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaska View Post

I use the apple express as my eithernet connection. Works great[/quote

I'm still unable to get the receiver to pick up Internet through my airport express. I was on the phone with apple and all is hooked up properly and all connections working but yet receiver stil says media server please wait. On the phone with pioneer again.... Any suggestions? Apple said they were surprised the pioneer didn't have a menu letting you choose how to connect to the Internet. I don't see one, so I'm assuming this receiver automatically picks up the ethernet connection.
post #307 of 887 Old 02-20-2013, 12:05 PM

Liked: 11
I believe when I hooked up the airport expess the sc-61 picked it up automatically. I do remember reading somewhere that the older airport expresses may not suport this function and you may need a newer one. I had both the newer and old style. I updated them both to the current firm ware updates and used the newer airport express. Worked fine. This was when I first set up my sc-61 so my head was spinning.
post #308 of 887 Old 02-20-2013, 12:10 PM

Liked: 11
also in regard to the airport expess you may have to look at the setting for the airport express. One setting is to Extend your network and the other is to use with Air Play. Can not remember wich one is the correct setup.
post #309 of 887 Old 02-20-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs71 View Post

Posted this earlier, but no replies...

Should I be able to see all the functions (volume control, input selected, etc) thorugh my TV screen? I'm running my BD, Cable, and Apple TV through the SC-61, and the SC-61 to my TV.

Anyone???

I'm not sure why you would want this. For any video content, wouldn't this clutter up the screen? Also, why would you want your TV on when listening to music?
post #310 of 887 Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Pretty simple why someone would want that.

1: Easier to read on the screen then on the small AVR display.
2: Some people don't even have direct visibility to the receiver as they have it in a closet or some other configuration which prevents them from seeing it such as behind them.

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
post #311 of 887 Old 02-21-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz54 View Post

I'm not sure why you would want this. For any video content, wouldn't this clutter up the screen?
Yes, but not necessarily very much. I had a volume OSD on my Onkyo TX-NR3008, and I have one now on my Pioneer SC-1522 (similar to SC-65). The one on the Onkyo was pretty ugly -- a large opaque panel on the screen -- and the display of MUTE would say on screen continuously until mute was turned off (risking burn-in). The Pioneer OSD, however, is much nicer. It's small, its background panel is transparent black, and it only stays up for 5 seconds after you've made a change with the remote.

Greg Lee
post #312 of 887 Old 02-22-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb48 View Post

I would like to see your document on increasing sub and bass performance when using adv mcacc
Is it possible you could post this document for others (such as myself) to peruse? I have the same problem, although worse since MCACC didn't detect my sub at all, and I am frustrated in my inability to fix the problem so far. Thanks.
post #313 of 887 Old 02-24-2013, 10:01 PM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal DR View Post

Pretty simple why someone would want that.

1: Easier to read on the screen then on the small AVR display.
2: Some people don't even have direct visibility to the receiver as they have it in a closet or some other configuration which prevents them from seeing it such as behind them.

This is why I use the iPad control Panel. I do not have any annoying OSD popping up on a movie while enjoying the best control panel that provides more info than any OSD. I also control the cable box and the TV... while I can use it to control the audio playback when TV doesn't need to be on and from ANY room or by the pool controlling zone 2.

I've learned that OSD for everything is annoying, but don't get me wrong, the OSD should be an option for people like you who feels better with on screen information.

Regards

If this post has been useful to you please Thumb it Up!

·· AV System
Receiver: Pioneer SC-1222K
Spkrs: homemade monitors + Energy Take Classic 5.1
Display: Samsung UN55ES8000
Src: Comcast DVR / Apple TV 3 / Xbox360 slim / HTPC / AirPlay / Pandora / Bluetooth*

*Pre-processor: Noozxoide EIZO-rewire PRO
post #314 of 887 Old 02-24-2013, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by okibcn View Post

This is why I use the iPad control Panel. I do not have any annoying OSD popping up on a movie while enjoying the best control panel that provides more info than any OSD. I also control the cable box and the TV... while I can use it to control the audio playback when TV doesn't need to be on and from ANY room or by the pool controlling zone 2.

I've learned that OSD for everything is annoying, but don't get me wrong, the OSD should be an option for people like you who feels better with on screen information.

Regards

Curious if the iPad app is different than the android app. I have the android version and I love it, however I wish it had volume level on it as well as the ability to dim the display the way the remote does. Does the iPad version have either of these
post #315 of 887 Old 02-25-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub5 View Post

Curious if the iPad app is different than the android app. I have the android version and I love it, however I wish it had volume level on it as well as the ability to dim the display the way the remote does. Does the iPad version have either of these

Please find some screenshots of the iPad app for the 2012 receivers in this post. There is also a you tube video. The volume is displayed in the green message box on the left of the master volume, not shown when in demo mode.

The dimming of the front panel display is not in the iPad app, but you can dim the iPad screen wink.gif

Regards

·· AV System
Src: Comcast DVR / Apple TV 3 / Xbox360 slim / HTPC / AirPlay / Pandora / Bluetooth*

post #316 of 887 Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Dimming is pretty easy if you create a simple app using rs-232 commands or by telneting the unit and send the rs232 from telnet. On windows is pretty easy, but not sure on android. I tried to create a custom remote app on ios and was difficult.
post #317 of 887 Old 02-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I would like to comment on my sc 65, I have owned for 2 months now, I went from seperates (parasound), I must say that overall I am very impressed, when I switched I went from 4 ohm speakers to 8 ohm speakers (polk), the pioneer produces a natural sound, notthing is added, even my wife has commented on good this system sounds, my only quibble is the remote, the buttons are so tiny you need a magnifying glass to read them, I had my doubts about digital amps, but those in the pioneer are excellent, I have my fronts biamped using the pioneer.
post #318 of 887 Old 03-01-2013, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
On page 10 of the sc-61 manual under Using AVNavigator- MCACC Appli, it says you can display MCACC measurements on a computer. I have tried transfering the data to the computer, but can't open the file. I get an adobe reader can not open the file latest mcacc message. Has anyone else tried to do this? If so how
post #319 of 887 Old 03-01-2013, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Looking for opinions, hope some of you will chime in. I've had the SC-61 for a week now, and have run MCACC a couple of times. The SC-61 has replaced a Yamaha RX-V671. I'm sort of a hybrid guy, running 7.1 and listen mostly to SACDs and blu-ray concerts (and the odd movie) via an Oppo103. My speakers are Polk Monitor 75 mains, Polk 25c center, PSB Alpha B1 side surrounds and Realistic Minimus 7 rears, with a Polk DSW PRO550 sub. I'm liking the SC-61 lots, but still feel my mains and center are underpowered. I've noticed slightly better clarity and a little more brightness than the Yamaha. I'm weighing out getting a 3 channel amp to run the mains and center, letting the SC-61 do the surrounds. Does anyone presently have a similar set up to what I'm describing, or would like to opine on what I'm contemplating? Thanks...
post #320 of 887 Old 03-02-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

??
what program? the one that downloads MCACC & graphs the readings? something else?
AFAIK, there is no unique program for the SC-63 that wouldn't also be available for the other SC models.

there are only 2 program I know of for use with SC models: the Advanced MCACC program that's been around in various versions for many yrs and the custom installer program for an installer to remotely setup the receiver over the internet & that one takes special privileges to access it, login credentials provided by Pioneer. if the custom installation program is what you're after, I can tell you where to dl it but that doesn't get you access wink.gif the MCACC program (RS-232 connection) is available for all owners to use from their website.

please clarify what you're after
How do you get to the MCACC program you are speaking of
post #321 of 887 Old 03-04-2013, 11:15 AM

Does anyone have issues using Airplay?

If I connect my computer wired to the router, there is no issues at all, but if I go wirelessly to the receiver, the sound crackles and drops out once every few minutes. The strange thing is if I go wirelessly to my Apple TV 2, there are no isses at all.

I've tried connecting through the 2.4GHz band as well as the 5.0GHz band, I've moved the router to within 5 feet of the computer, the same problems occur. This also happens with any iPhones or iPads playing directly to the receiver (no issues playing through Apple TV 2).

I did try to warranty the unit, but the service center couldn't replicate the issue. I'm assuming it's a network problem, but this is the only issue I have (network or audio/visual).

I am running the internet/intranet through a Belkin N750 router.
post #322 of 887 Old 03-04-2013, 01:48 PM

I am trying to perform a Software (Firmware) Update to the Pioneer SC-61 using a USB drive just like the instructions say but I keep getting a message that says there is something wrong with the file or the drive. I have the USB drive formatted for FAT-32 and the file is unzipped. Any suggestions. Thanks.
_Mike

Up and Running
post #323 of 887 Old 03-04-2013, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiedrowski View Post

... but I keep getting a message that says there is something wrong with the file or the drive.
I've seen reports from people saying one of their USB drives didn't work but another did. So try a different drive. Or just do it all again: format USB drive, download again, unzip onto drive.

Greg Lee
post #324 of 887 Old 03-04-2013, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb48 View Post

How do you get to the MCACC program you are speaking of

the latest version is 2.5 and I believe if you install AVNavigator to your PC it will be installed with AVNav.

there is this page for previous versions that you can also download but you might as well go with the latest that comes with the AVNav disc.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/Home-Entertainment-Custom-Install/Detailed+Product+Information/A+V+Receivers

Steve
post #325 of 887 Old 03-04-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:

the latest version is 2.5 and I believe if you install AVNavigator to your PC it will be installed with AVNav.

there is this page for previous versions that you can also download but you might as well go with the latest that comes with the AVNav disc.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/Home-Entertainment-Custom-Install/Detailed+Product+Information/A+V+Receivers
2012 pc setup asks for password
post #326 of 887 Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 340
yes it does. not the same software as Advanced MCACC which is for consumers.

that 2012 Setup software is for installers/dealers to remotely access & configure client receivers. and is password protected so auth dealers/custom installers have to get the password from Pioneer. the link I posted is for the custom installer site.

also answered in your other thread

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1417558/pioneers-reasonably-priced-sc-61-class-d-receiver/100_100#post_23041442

if what you want is Advanced MCACC just install the AVNavigator program using the disc that came with the receiver and you'll have it. you can download and install the remote setup app but I don't know how you would obtain the password. I imagine you'll need to call & convince Pioneer that you are a dealer so they will give it to you wink.gif

btw - I also downloaded & tried to use it until I realized what it was for and reading how Pioneer describes it so you're not alone smile.gif there may be some way to get a pw w/o being a dealer but have no idea what it would be...perhaps you can ask the dealer you bought it from if they would oblige...some will some won't (money out of their pocket)

but everyone can use the adv MCACC program.

Steve
post #327 of 887 Old 03-05-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:

that 2012 Setup software is for installers/dealers to remotely access & configure client receivers. and is password protected so auth dealers/custom installers have to get the password from Pioneer. the link I posted is for the custom installer site.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1417558/pioneers-reasonably-priced-sc-61-class-d-receiver/100_100#post_23041442

if what you want is Advanced MCACC just install the AVNavigator program using the disc that came with the receiver and you'll have it. you can download and install the remote setup app but I don't know how you would obtain the password. I imagine you'll need to call & convince Pioneer that you are a dealer so they will give it to you wink.gif

btw - I also downloaded & tried to use it until I realized what it was for and reading how Pioneer describes it so you're not alone smile.gif there may be some way to get a pw w/o being a dealer but have no idea what it would be...perhaps you can ask the dealer you bought it from if they would oblige...some will some won't (money out of their pocket)

Does the adv MCACC program have the ability to show graphs and results on a PC?
post #328 of 887 Old 03-05-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:

You can also use the AVNavigator for iPad. It is the same PC software but you can run it from an iPad.

Regards

·· AV System

post #329 of 887 Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumke View Post

Does anyone have issues using Airplay?

If I connect my computer wired to the router, there is no issues at all, but if I go wirelessly to the receiver, the sound crackles and drops out once every few minutes. The strange thing is if I go wirelessly to my Apple TV 2, there are no isses at all.

I've tried connecting through the 2.4GHz band as well as the 5.0GHz band, I've moved the router to within 5 feet of the computer, the same problems occur. This also happens with any iPhones or iPads playing directly to the receiver (no issues playing through Apple TV 2).

I did try to warranty the unit, but the service center couldn't replicate the issue. I'm assuming it's a network problem, but this is the only issue I have (network or audio/visual).

I am running the internet/intranet through a Belkin N750 router.

Bump... maybe if I put it another way...

Does Airplay work through a wireless router to a wired receiver for others, or do you also experience quality issues?
post #330 of 887 Old 03-05-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiedrowski View Post

I am trying to perform a Software (Firmware) Update to the Pioneer SC-61 using a USB drive just like the instructions say but I keep getting a message that says there is something wrong with the file or the drive. I have the USB drive formatted for FAT-32 and the file is unzipped. Any suggestions. Thanks.
_Mike

I had the same problems:
You can look for my posts. But in a nutshell when I was trying to get the card updated through the web interface it failed. Couldn't find it on the network anymore. So I'd recommend talking to your Pioneer service center and describing the problem. I think the fix is a NICard swap.

I got the SC-61 unit back from repair and set it up again. The Network functions are back. Different IP but that's ok. I had a USB drive plugged in and went to the Update section and found the drive had nothing on it so I swapped it for another drive (USB 2.0 Card Reader with SanDisk 512MB UltraII Stick) and restarted the update. Successful update in no time. Yea.
The repair shop said they replaced a component but didn't relate what it was. Can only guess but whatever it was, that was the culprit all along.

The unit's back, wired up and is updated. The app on my phone recognized it as SC-63. So I'm guessing the guys at Stewart Bros put a new NICard from Pioneer in. And the SC-63 card replaces the "hobbled" card of the -61. The update performed quickly and flawlessly.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page