The "Official" Pioneer Elite SC-61/-63 Owners Forum - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 889 Old 05-20-2013, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Here is a picture of the default page on the web GUI on my 1222.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 889 Old 05-20-2013, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post

Did
you look at the sc-1222 or sc-1522? Replacement for the sc series will probably be announced soon.

Yo Yo Scoobster...I did a lot of research and ended up getting the sc-63 on Amazon for a great price and I love it! The VSX line doesn't have the Clas D Amp and that is a huge difference. For the price and the overall sound quality you can't go wrong with the sc-63. The only complaint is it doesn't have built in Wi-Fi and you can't see the volume displayed on the TV screen when you make an adjustment. But, even so with the supreme sound quality and other features along with the good price I would highly recommend it. Happy Listening Scoobster!
post #453 of 889 Old 05-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Little update... Got home and of course the net mode key works perfect. I also hit the SC-61 Web GUI. Really really wish I knew about that when I was initially configuring Pandora as its so much easier. It looked similar to yours, though I can't say for certain it's exactly the same.

I was troubleshooting an issue with Airplay on the AVR. My network consists or a standard DOCSIS 2.0 Motorola modem, Cisco WRT610N router, and my AV gear is wired up to a Cisco SR2024T 24 port unmanaged small business router that is fed via CAT6 to the router. The main PC in my kitchen nook wouldn't activate airplay via wireless, nor would wireless apple ios devices. If I temporarily wired the PC to the switch Airplay would work. I knew they could physically communicate because I could ping the AVR and reach the GUI from the PC. I ended up just needing to activate multicast traffic on the router and now everything is perfect with all devices.

I was happy to get it fixed, I peacocked over to the girlfriend with her iPhone to show off my genius. As soon as I hand her the phone after I activated a song her hand hits the volume slider on the iPhone and I swear to god it must have hit 120db on my RF-7 II's. eek.gif After diving across the room like a pitcher was trying to pick me off of first base to turn down the volume dial on the SC-61, both our ears ringing, my initial joy had turned decidedly less strong. For some reason Apple can't figure out how volume works on IOS from what I gather online. Via both iTunes and Google Music (airplayed via Airfoil PC app) the volume slider is perfect. On IOS it's at least 3-4 times louder at the same volume. rolleyes.gif I set the max volume on her phone about half way so it would still function in the car, but even that on where my receiver starts up (around - 30 or so IIRC) would be absolutely blaring, probably well past loud movies I've watched very near reference. Apple, it just works. rolleyes.gif I was just glad to make it out of the night with my RF-7 II's intact...

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
post #454 of 889 Old 05-21-2013, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal DR View Post

Little update... Got home and of course the net mode key works perfect. I also hit the SC-61 Web GUI. Really really wish I knew about that when I was initially configuring Pandora as its so much easier. It looked similar to yours, though I can't say for certain it's exactly the same.

I was troubleshooting an issue with Airplay on the AVR. My network consists or a standard DOCSIS 2.0 Motorola modem, Cisco WRT610N router, and my AV gear is wired up to a Cisco SR2024T 24 port unmanaged small business router that is fed via CAT6 to the router. The main PC in my kitchen nook wouldn't activate airplay via wireless, nor would wireless apple ios devices. If I temporarily wired the PC to the switch Airplay would work. I knew they could physically communicate because I could ping the AVR and reach the GUI from the PC. I ended up just needing to activate multicast traffic on the router and now everything is perfect with all devices.

I was happy to get it fixed, I peacocked over to the girlfriend with her iPhone to show off my genius. As soon as I hand her the phone after I activated a song her hand hits the volume slider on the iPhone and I swear to god it must have hit 120db on my RF-7 II's. eek.gif After diving across the room like a pitcher was trying to pick me off of first base to turn down the volume dial on the SC-61, both our ears ringing, my initial joy had turned decidedly less strong. For some reason Apple can't figure out how volume works on IOS from what I gather online. Via both iTunes and Google Music (airplayed via Airfoil PC app) the volume slider is perfect. On IOS it's at least 3-4 times louder at the same volume. rolleyes.gif I set the max volume on her phone about half way so it would still function in the car, but even that on where my receiver starts up (around - 30 or so IIRC) would be absolutely blaring, probably well past loud movies I've watched very near reference. Apple, it just works. rolleyes.gif I was just glad to make it out of the night with my RF-7 II's intact...

Awesome story. If you find a decent app for android that works like airplay let me know. Also to prevent it from getting to loud may I suggest setting the volume limiter on the avr? I have mine set at-10.
post #455 of 889 Old 05-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post

Awesome story. If you find a decent app for android that works like airplay let me know. Also to prevent it from getting to loud may I suggest setting the volume limiter on the avr? I have mine set at-10.

I haven't found any good apps like airplay. There are apps that are an entire new media player, but with googles new all access music for $8 with a pretty solid selection I want to use that. Preferably I would want something just like Airfoil on the pc. That allows you to select individual applications and then what speakers and volumes you want on it. That takes me to my next point, I just open Google music on the pc and run splashtop 2 on my tablet to remotely control the PC. Not perfect, but for what I need it's great.

Great suggestion on max AVR volume. I will definitely implement that, although it won't fix the problem. Because - 10 on the AVR and 50 percent on the iPhone could still melt ears and speakers. The problem is that the audio at any given point on the slider is 4 times louder than any normal source including their own iTunes on PC. At half volume it's already double normal source volume. My receiver was at like - 25 when my story occurred...

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
post #456 of 889 Old 05-21-2013, 07:21 PM

This post is regarding an IR Remote Control Eye (extender). I couldn't get one to work when I connected into the rear IR 1 input. I know the device works on other home electronic units. DO these rear inputs require a special device ? My SC-61 is in a cabinet with limited front panel field-of-view and I have to get up to use the remote.
post #457 of 889 Old 05-22-2013, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
A setting I really enjoy and didn't even think about when I bought the SC-61 is the Direct mode. This is where the receiver shuts off the processing other than the room set up info. (As opposed to the Pure Direct where all processing is shut off from what I understand.) Stereo music sounds very good indeed with excellent imaging.
post #458 of 889 Old 05-22-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minorc View Post

Alright you've cleared that up pretty well, thank you very much.

I found the "Plus" option in the Amp's settings, I have my fronts set to Large and the sub is working as It should, but is this really optimal? Is it putting more stress on the amp?

Where did you find this "Plus" option - I am having the same issue - Sub only works during movies.

Thanks

Sean
post #459 of 889 Old 05-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogier1 View Post

Where did you find this "Plus" option - I am having the same issue - Sub only works during movies.

Thanks

Sean

If you go into the MCACC menu, there's an option to manually configure speaker settings. Under subwoofer I believe you have the option to change from No, Yes, Plus.

post #460 of 889 Old 05-25-2013, 11:32 AM

Can you have your front speaker Bi-Amped and run a zone 2?

I have my fronts bi-amplified and I am looking to run a set of outdoor speakers.

Thanks for any help
post #461 of 889 Old 05-25-2013, 01:11 PM

Liked: 23
^unfortunately man I believe its one or the other. I'm sure you could find an old receiver laying around or pick one up on the cheap to use as your zone 2 amp
post #462 of 889 Old 05-25-2013, 02:39 PM

Then what are the Front Height/Front Wide B for?
post #463 of 889 Old 05-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Advanced Member

You can see all of the available modes in the setup menu, it's an either/or situation with the speaker outputs unfortunately.

post #464 of 889 Old 05-26-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:

Can you have your front speaker Bi-Amped and run a zone 2?

I have my fronts bi-amplified and I am looking to run a set of outdoor speakers.

Thanks for any help

I have a 4 channel speaker switch - any ideas on how to wire it so I can have a 2 zone with my fronts bi-amped????
post #465 of 889 Old 05-26-2013, 11:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So my IcontrolAV2012 app worked flawlessly for the first month or so, but then my ip address kept getting messed up on the receiver. from reading either this thread or the 1222k thread I learned about long pressing they power button for 10 sec to reset only the network info. the first time I did this it worked like a charm and the receiver was on my network with proper ip address and app was working again. now the same ip/ network issues have come up again and the power button reset isn't fixing the problem. I've tried many times. any solutions? is my receiver messed up? don't understand why this keeps happening. kinda annoying since I love using the app. my receiver is hooked up via Ethernet connected to an iogear Wi-Fi hub.
post #466 of 889 Old 05-27-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub5 View Post

So my IcontrolAV2012 app worked flawlessly for the first month or so, but then my ip address kept getting messed up on the receiver. from reading either this thread or the 1222k thread I learned about long pressing they power button for 10 sec to reset only the network info. the first time I did this it worked like a charm and the receiver was on my network with proper ip address and app was working again. now the same ip/ network issues have come up again and the power button reset isn't fixing the problem. I've tried many times. any solutions? is my receiver messed up? don't understand why this keeps happening. kinda annoying since I love using the app. my receiver is hooked up via Ethernet connected to an iogear Wi-Fi hub.

Try assigning an ip out of your dhcp range on the receiver or set the Mac address of the receiver to only receive a certain ip out of the dhcp range. This is not a cur ask but will add some stability.
cdub5 likes this.
post #467 of 889 Old 05-27-2013, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
thanks for the reply. I ended up doing a reboot of the router once I realized my app for my Samsung tv wasn't connecting to the tv. reboot fixed both issues. my linksys router is only about a year old, but maybe it's no good. anyway, thanks again.
post #468 of 889 Old 05-29-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:

I have a 4 channel speaker switch - any ideas on how to wire it so I can have a 2 zone with my fronts bi-amped????

Any ideas?

I am wanting to wire this up this weekend.

My only thought is to run my outdoor speakers and my Bi-amped (low) fronts through the speaker switch and then to the zone 2. Then when I need to use the outdoor speakers, flip the speaker switch, change the speaker set-up on the avr to two zone?

Thoughts?

Is there an easier way?

I spent a ton of time wiring my fronts (custom wall plates...) to be bi-amped and I love how they sound so I would like to enjoy both.

Again, thanks for any advice!!!

Sean
post #469 of 889 Old 05-31-2013, 02:51 PM

Liked: 11
Anyone know if these sc models display the volume on the tv?
post #470 of 889 Old 05-31-2013, 10:34 PM
Advanced Member

These particular models, SC-61/63... not really. You can turn on HDMI control and get some half baked volume on the screen but it will likely display completely different than the reference db based volume would on the AVR itself and will also likely introduce all kinds of HDMI related bugs and unintended functionality if you turn it on. I tried it for about an hour and turned it off, not worth it.

post #471 of 889 Old 06-01-2013, 08:07 PM

According to the factory (and my personal experience) biamping and running zone 2 can't be done at the same time. To bad too. It would be nice.
post #472 of 889 Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 PM

I researched this same question when I bought my sc-63 and I haven't been able to find a way to display the volume on the TV screen. So far, that's been my only complaint about the sc-63. Other than that it is a fantastic AV Receiver.
post #473 of 889 Old 06-05-2013, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Because - 10 on the AVR and 50 percent on the iPhone could still melt ears and speakers. The problem is that the audio at any given point on the slider is 4 times louder than any normal source including their own iTunes on PC. At half volume it's already double normal source volume. My receiver was at like - 25 when my story occurred...

Interesting, I have the iTunes volume slider at max on all my iOS devices and the Mac when I do any Airplay streaming and have no issues with unexpected loudness. Although I stream to an AppleTV plugged into my current Anthem preamp soon to replaced with SC-71 smile.gif. Are you streaming directly to your SC-61? I was under the impression you had to keep the volume sliders at max to get the best audio quality.
post #474 of 889 Old 06-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Alcasid View Post

Interesting, I have the iTunes volume slider at max on all my iOS devices and the Mac when I do any Airplay streaming and have no issues with unexpected loudness. Although I stream to an AppleTV plugged into my current Anthem preamp soon to replaced with SC-71 smile.gif. Are you streaming directly to your SC-61? I was under the impression you had to keep the volume sliders at max to get the best audio quality.

This is seen when streaming airplay direct from iOS to the receiver, I can't think of any technical reason why you would want or need it at max volume for best sound quality though.

Googling airplay volume too loud brings up nearly unlimited cases of it so I know I am not alone. It's fine when streaming from my pc via iTunes or airfoil.

post #475 of 889 Old 06-07-2013, 03:28 PM

I am looking to run my Apple TV (just music) in zone 2 but I cannot get it to work. It works fine in zone 1 - I can get Sirius to work in zone 2 just not Apple TV. I am wanting to access my own music to play out in the yard (zone 2).

Any suggestions?

Sean
post #476 of 889 Old 06-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

How is it connected? If HDMI, it could be because it is looking to output video as well and when it can't output video it won't output audio. Just a theory.

post #477 of 889 Old 06-08-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:

How is it connected? If HDMI, it could be because it is looking to output video as well and when it can't output video it won't output audio. Just a theory.

It is connected via HDMI - is this the problem?
post #478 of 889 Old 06-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It is connected via HDMI - is this the problem?

I really couldn't say for sure. I know some devices trigger HDCP if they don't output video but are asked for audio, but I have no idea about the Apple TV or exactly how you are trying to use it.

post #479 of 889 Old 06-09-2013, 02:13 PM

I believe zone 2 devices have to be connected with analog inputs. Have you tried Airplay and or Airfoil?
_Mike

Up and Running
post #480 of 889 Old 06-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

I think you may be right...

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page