The "Official" Pioneer Elite SC-61/-63 Owners Forum - Page 30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #871 of 884 Old 06-19-2014, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
how would you wireless stream rhapsody from a computer to sc-63 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 884 Old 06-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb48 View Post
how would you wireless stream rhapsody from a computer to sc-63 ?
Purchase the Airfoil PC app, it allows you to select any application on a PC... such as a browser, and stream it to any airplay device (such as your receiver). It's a simple but rock solid App and well worth the money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
post #873 of 884 Old 07-06-2014, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AVNavigator

When I install the AVNavigator disc that came with the SC-61 it gives me an option to choose a language. I choose English but it installs the program in either Japanese or Chinese which makes it useless to me. Did anyone else have this problem?
post #874 of 884 Old 07-06-2014, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 325
^^
which version of Windows?

been awhile but IIRC, I think this happened to some for one of 2 reasons:

1. when they didn't have admin privileges, or user-access control was not turned off. try temporarily disabling UAC, install with an admin acct or or right click on the exe file and see if you have options to install as admin or in XP mode.

or

2. they didn't have newer versions of .Net Framework installed.

I can't remember which one but #1 should be EZ to try. If #1 doesn't work, then go into Add/Control Programs and see which Win Service Packs & .Net Frameworks are installed.

Steve

Last edited by ss9001; 07-06-2014 at 09:26 AM.
post #875 of 884 Old 07-06-2014, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post
^^
which version of Windows?

been awhile but IIRC, I think this happened to some for one of 2 reasons:

1. when they didn't have admin privileges, or user-access control was not turned off. try temporarily disabling UAC, install with an admin acct or or right click on the exe file and see if you have options to install as admin or in XP mode.

or

2. they didn't have newer versions of .Net Framework installed.

I can't remember which one but #1 should be EZ to try. If #1 doesn't work, then go into Add/Control Programs and see which Win Service Packs & .Net Frameworks are installed.
Thanks, you're right it needs to be installed as administrator otherwise it picks a random language. Got it installed but it's not very helpful in setting up all the various inputs.

Thanks again

Doug
post #876 of 884 Old 07-06-2014, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey Everyone,

I have an SC-61 with a 5.1 Def-Tech setup inside the house (zone1) and 2 bose outdoor speakers outside (zone2). Currently im not able to play anything that is connected to zone1 on my zone2 speakers. I want to be able to play sporting events on my ourdoor speakers as well as my indoors while we bbq outside. Any ideas on how i can do this?
post #877 of 884 Old 07-07-2014, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by andremedia View Post
Hey Everyone,

I have an SC-61 with a 5.1 Def-Tech setup inside the house (zone1) and 2 bose outdoor speakers outside (zone2). Currently im not able to play anything that is connected to zone1 on my zone2 speakers. I want to be able to play sporting events on my ourdoor speakers as well as my indoors while we bbq outside. Any ideas on how i can do this?
Hi andremedia, only analog input sources are output to zone 2.
post #878 of 884 Old 07-25-2014, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 70
No surround from games on XBOX 360

Hey all, I'm late to the party on this receiver. (SC-63)

I picked one up and finally got around to hooking it up.

Everything seems to be working fine minus one weird issue.

When I try to play games on the XBOX 360, there's no surround sound. The reciever shows it's getting a 5.1 signal (speakers light up on the front display), but there's no sound coming out of my rear speakers. XBOX is set to surround output in settings and it's a direct HDMI cable from the XBOX to the SC-63. I tried turning on the components in different order, changing the 360 from surround to stereo and back, just to see if it was some sort of odd handshake, but no dice.

PS3, blu-ray player, and Apple TV are all working fine. This is the only one acting up. If I were to guess, the XBOX 360 is at fault, but I thought I'd hit up people here to see what they thought.

Or should I hit up the 360 forum for this question? Thanks for any and all ideas!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 •

post #879 of 884 Old 07-26-2014, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirpie View Post
Hey all, I'm late to the party on this receiver. (SC-63)

I picked one up and finally got around to hooking it up.

Everything seems to be working fine minus one weird issue.

When I try to play games on the XBOX 360, there's no surround sound. The reciever shows it's getting a 5.1 signal (speakers light up on the front display), but there's no sound coming out of my rear speakers. XBOX is set to surround output in settings and it's a direct HDMI cable from the XBOX to the SC-63. I tried turning on the components in different order, changing the 360 from surround to stereo and back, just to see if it was some sort of odd handshake, but no dice.

PS3, blu-ray player, and Apple TV are all working fine. This is the only one acting up. If I were to guess, the XBOX 360 is at fault, but I thought I'd hit up people here to see what they thought.

Or should I hit up the 360 forum for this question? Thanks for any and all ideas!
chirpie is it just an HDMI connection? I dont have the SC-63 but I just bought the SC-61 open box for what I thought was cheap but who knows. Anyway I have a few Xbox units the look at. I use the mobile app as well to see if its 5.1 coming in and going out as well that might help troubleshoot.
post #880 of 884 Old 07-27-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNE View Post
chirpie is it just an HDMI connection? I dont have the SC-63 but I just bought the SC-61 open box for what I thought was cheap but who knows. Anyway I have a few Xbox units the look at. I use the mobile app as well to see if its 5.1 coming in and going out as well that might help troubleshoot.
Yes, it's a straight HDMI cable from the 360 to the receiver. Only stereo comes out.

PS3 outputs a surround signal, as does the Apple TV and the Blu-ray player.

I'll take a peak at the mobile app. My guess is if the front display of the actual receiver says it's receiving a surround signal (Even though nothing comes from anything but the front two speakers), then the mobile app will probably show it incorrectly as well. We'll see. Thanks!

•

post #881 of 884 Old 07-27-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi chirpie, as a test what happens when the Xbox is swapped with PS3, ATV or BD player input?
post #882 of 884 Old 08-01-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi chirpie, as a test what happens when the Xbox is swapped with PS3, ATV or BD player input?
The same thing happens. (Always best to check though.)

So last night the daughter put in some different games and lo and behold the rears came to life. So maybe I need to be asking a more obvious question... are some games actually in regular stereo and not surround? (I'd be surprised if the Dance Central series was only stereo)

Odd thing is, even when I try a setting like Dolby Pro Logic II [MV] for the stereo only games, it still comes out as stereo only.

I've only seen tiny scrapes of ideas on other forums that floated a theory that it could be a HDCP issue causing stereo only, but never any concrete proof.

If that were the case, maybe my old projector is part of the problem? I'll have a new one in next week and watch to see if that behavior changes.

Thanks for the ideas everyone.

•

post #883 of 884 Old 08-01-2014, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The only other thing to check is to see if turning off Display Discovery" on the Xbox will solve the issue.
post #884 of 884 Old 08-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:

So last night the daughter put in some different games and lo and behold the rears came to life. So maybe I need to be asking a more obvious question... are some games actually in regular stereo and not surround? (I'd be surprised if the Dance Central series was only stereo)

Odd thing is, even when I try a setting like Dolby Pro Logic II [MV] for the stereo only games, it still comes out as stereo only.

I've only seen tiny scrapes of ideas on other forums that floated a theory that it could be a HDCP issue causing stereo only, but never any concrete proof.

If that were the case, maybe my old projector is part of the problem? I'll have a new one in next week and watch to see if that behavior changes.

Thanks for the ideas everyone.
Do you also have a standard display connected through a dual HDMI output at any part in the chain? I know this is an SC-61/63 thread, which I own and clearly it doesn't have a dual HDMI output, but perhaps you're running an HDMI splitter at some point in the chain? This can cause issues and can sometimes cause it to downmix to stereo. I can't think of anything else, I've used both a 360 and a One with my SC-61 with no issues.

(Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page