single source multi-room multi-receiver HT - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-10-2012, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The integra line of receivers like DTR-7.6 have individual preouts and individual dvd inputs.

The newer DTR 80.4 can drive two home theatre rooms. I want to do that on the cheap with my two DTR-7.6 Receivers - They support individual preouts as wells individual inputs on DVD.

Currenty I have been using one Integra DTR-7.6 to drive a home theatre and a second room using the preouts for zone 2 to Hafler Amp and a powered subwoofer.

So, just add my other DTR-7.6 to the preouts of the first DTR-7.6 connecting to the second DTR-7.6 DVD inputs

With that addition, I no longer have the zone2 limitation - do what I want in the second room.

I want to retain the ability to have one source driving music in both rooms as well as the ability for each room to have it's own input - just like i do now with one receiver.

Using the single receiver I could take the main room source and also play it in zone2 but not the other way around.
WIth this setup I can drive both rooms from either if I want to cable it up that way. (and if I want I think I can make a nice feedback loop and create a big headache)

Are we having fun yet? Any suggestions? It did occur to me to split or T the source into each receiver rather than gang them together, think it just adds a stage without benefit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-12-2012, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

So hasn't anyone driven mutli-room from ganged receivers?
post #3 of 3 Old 09-16-2012, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

no way around it with this gear, got to split the signal either at input or in the connection and will need a switch at the connection so better to leave them separate.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page