Onkyo TX-NR616 Firmware - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-13-2012, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi. Can anyone please confirm what the latest firmware should be on this model? I contacted Onkyo last night because there was a firmware update listed in the update section. There wasn't a notification, just listed this number in the section: 1130-9106-0300.

Tech guy told me to hit the power button and net button on the receiver to go through the update process. I get through it and it says completed.

I've done this three times, but the firmware update series number still appears. Not sure if that is the current version or whether it's telling me to update. I'm hooked up via ethernet cable into my router.

I tried contacting Onkyo again tonight, but there number was busy for over an hour. Strange that it would be busy.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-22-2012, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
usb update available
post #3 of 3 Old 03-30-2014, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have been struggling with the firmware updates. Not sure if you ever got your issue resolved. Since your original post, there have been more releases of firmware, but the latest I learned about (1161) MUST have the version you posted about (1130) installed first (not something older) or it will fail. So I am forced to go through a few iterations first.

The guys in tech support at Onkyo were good, but when they sent me a file via ShareFile, the link timed out after just over 24 hours, so I was unable to use it. I wish the firmware downloads they had online showed which version they were. I will have to call back into Onkyo in the morning.

And by the way - you MUST use the USB update process, not NET for some of these updates. You copy the file to the root of a USB flash drive (with nothing else on it), put it in the receiver, and on the remote, press "Receiver", "Home", then right arrow till it says F/W Updates. It will show you your version number, then you have to arrow to "Update by USB" and press enter twice. It took my machine over 30 minutes to do one version.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr616
Gear in this thread - Nr616 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page