Pioneer reciever with Xbox 360 stereo problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-14-2012, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased the Pioneer VSX-522-k 5.1 receiver. While the 5.1 audio works and sounds flawless, whenever my Xbox 360 sends a stereo signal through it, no sound is played through the receiver. The best example is when watching Netflix, any movie that has only stereo audio does not play any audio whatsoever. I have tried various settings and I can't figure out why. Obviously, the Stereo setting on the receiver does not output my Xbox's audio, nor does the pro logic 2 setting work, or any setting for stereo audio. I have the Xbox hooked up through HDMI. Does anyone know why this would happen and how I can fix it? Thanks! -Curtis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-15-2012, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Nevermind, I figured it out. 5.1 audio and stereo together only work through the optical input with this receiver. HDMI does not seem to output any stereo signal with the xbox. I don't know why, and it doesn't make sense to me, but it is the only way I could get it to work correctly.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-17-2012, 11:14 PM

I simply plugged the HDMI from the X-box to the DVD input on the receiver. Then I plugged the optical audi cable from the x-box to the optical input on the receiver. Then on the receiver settings, set the audio input for the DVD to optical input (C2). The audio input for the game input on the receiver is not adjustable and that is why you need to use the DVD input.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-18-2012, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

That's basically what I ended up doing, except I'm only using the optical input. I have the xbox running HDMI straight into the tv. Does the audio from HDMI work in 5.1 and stereo through the dvd input? That's the main issue I was having, I don't understand why stereo wasn't working for me through HDMI. Also, how are you running audio from the xbox into the optical input while in the DVD setting when optical audio input is only available in the TV input on this receiver?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page