The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread - Page 274 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Member
 
jenglish13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeonunh View Post

Would it be better to have heights and wides using low cost speakers with nice LCR's, or better to skip the extra channels to keep only good speakers in the mix. For example, the only good way for me to introduce wide and height speakers would be to install speakers in the ceiling and in the walls. I happen to have some monoprice speakers that could be used for the task. Would this detract from the sound quality of my Fusion Tempests?

I'm also still trying to decided if I want to pull the trigger on the 4520ci. The $1299 price at Accessories4Less is very tempting, but with the HDMI 2.0 version around the corner it gives me a moment of pause. I'm not sure I'll need anything better than the 4520ci, but wouldn't the price drop when the new models come out?

I can't speak to heights and wides as I've never had them. I suppose the only way to know is to wire them up and give it a listen. If it's something you definitely want in the future, I'd say wire it and see how they sound, you can always unassign them from the receiver and wait til you can afford better speakers if they sound bad.

I'm about to purchase the 4520ci myself and am torn between Accessories4Less deal (you can even buy a 5 year warranty for $150) and a brand new model. At the same time I'm weary of refurbs, and even if it is covered for five years, is it really worth the hassle of sending it back and forth for repairs if it does fail. Does anyone else have any strong feelings one way or another about Denon refurbs?

I thought about the hdmi2.0 as well, but-correct me if I'm wrong- I believe the 1.4 hdmi can handle 4K at 30fps and 2.0 can do 4K at 60fps. Since films are shot at 24fps, this is kind of a non-issue for me. I assume there are other abilities 2.0 has over 1.4, but how much of a practical impact those differences will have in the next 5-10 years is dubious imho. Potential ability doesn't mean much when there is little to no source material available to take advantage of it.
jenglish13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-21-2014, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 8,049
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof View Post

I reckon it would help to have timbre matched wide speakers. Height speakers don't appear to be that sensitive to matching.

 

 

I would not underestimate the importance of timbre-matching the DSX speakers, especially the wides.  If the tonal quality of the wides differs from the left and right speakers, they will be more audible in a bad way.  The best solution, IMO, provides for a seamless transition across the entire front soundstage.

AustinJerry is online now  
Old 05-21-2014, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 8,049
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglish13 View Post


I thought about the hdmi2.0 as well, but-correct me if I'm wrong- I believe the 1.4 hdmi can handle 4K at 30fps and 2.0 can do 4K at 60fps. Since films are shot at 24fps, this is kind of a non-issue for me. I assume there are other abilities 2.0 has over 1.4, but how much of a practical impact those differences will have in the next 5-10 years is dubious imho. Potential ability doesn't mean much when there is little to no source material available to take advantage of it.

 

+1.  As an owner of a 4K display, I have been following the various technology advancements as they unfold.  Unless you are a gamer and want to route 4K 60fps through the AVR, there is not a lot on the horizon that will require HDMI 2.0.  4K Blu-ray has no spec yet, so we don't know what it will require.  4K streaming from sources like Netflix will involve (in my case at least), a separate media player that will likely connect directly to my 4K display, bypassing the AVR completely.  So, IMO, postponing an AVR purchase decision strictly to wait for HDMI 2.0 doesn't make much sense.

AustinJerry is online now  
Old 05-21-2014, 12:08 PM
Member
 
jeonunh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglish13 View Post

I can't speak to heights and wides as I've never had them. I suppose the only way to know is to wire them up and give it a listen. If it's something you definitely want in the future, I'd say wire it and see how they sound, you can always unassign them from the receiver and wait til you can afford better speakers if they sound bad.

I'm about to purchase the 4520ci myself and am torn between Accessories4Less deal (you can even buy a 5 year warranty for $150) and a brand new model. At the same time I'm weary of refurbs, and even if it is covered for five years, is it really worth the hassle of sending it back and forth for repairs if it does fail. Does anyone else have any strong feelings one way or another about Denon refurbs?

I thought about the hdmi2.0 as well, but-correct me if I'm wrong- I believe the 1.4 hdmi can handle 4K at 30fps and 2.0 can do 4K at 60fps. Since films are shot at 24fps, this is kind of a non-issue for me. I assume there are other abilities 2.0 has over 1.4, but how much of a practical impact those differences will have in the next 5-10 years is dubious imho. Potential ability doesn't mean much when there is little to no source material available to take advantage of it.

Unfortunately to wire them up and listen to them as they would sound would require cutting holes in the wall and ceiling. I'll probably just do some searches to see what people have used in their 11.2 implementations and see how well they matched the speakers.

I agree on the 1.4 vs 2.0. I'm nearly certain I won't need 2.0 for the foreseeable future, and by the time I do I will probably be ready to upgrade my receiver again anyway. My only thoughts on delaying the purchase relate more towards seeing if the price will drop significantly on the 4520ci. Like you, I would prefer to buy new, but closer to the $1299 price would be much better than $2499. (I know better prices can be had purchasing through AVS)
jeonunh is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
Solarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mass
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
$1,299 sounds pretty well fully discounted for the next model year. FWIW the 4311ci sells for well north of there on Amazon.

Samsung PN58B550 (Livingroom) - Samsung BDP-F7500
Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV - DefTech SM65 C/L/R x3 - CS Ensemble III (surrounds)
Sharp LC-80UQ17U (Mancave) - Amazon Fire TV & Samsung BDP-E5900
Denon 4520CI - GE Triton 2 - GE SCXL - Klipsch RP3 (surrounds) - PSA XS15se
Solarius is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Member
 
jeonunh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarius View Post

$1,299 sounds pretty well fully discounted for the next model year. FWIW the 4311ci sells for well north of there on Amazon.

I agree, but I know there was a recent "Special Sale" on the Denon line which I assume coincided with the launch of the new lower end receivers. I'd be interested in seeing what pricing might be on a "New" vs "Refurb" unit, but admittedly I'm nearly running out of patience since I've been debating what I should get since December. Analysis Paralysis.
jeonunh is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Solarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mass
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
the I recall the new model is not due till November.

Samsung PN58B550 (Livingroom) - Samsung BDP-F7500
Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV - DefTech SM65 C/L/R x3 - CS Ensemble III (surrounds)
Sharp LC-80UQ17U (Mancave) - Amazon Fire TV & Samsung BDP-E5900
Denon 4520CI - GE Triton 2 - GE SCXL - Klipsch RP3 (surrounds) - PSA XS15se
Solarius is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 01:11 PM
Member
 
jeonunh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

I would not underestimate the importance of timbre-matching the DSX speakers, especially the wides.  If the tonal quality of the wides differs from the left and right speakers, they will be more audible in a bad way.  The best solution, IMO, provides for a seamless transition across the entire front soundstage.

That was my concern, but It also isn't very realistic for me to use 12" SEOS waveguides on my high and wide channels. Perhaps I'll just start by putting my old wall mounted surrounds on the wall to see how they sound. If it sounds terrible I'll know not to bother with the in-wall speakers.
jeonunh is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 01:22 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,881
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2148 Post(s)
Liked: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarius View Post

the I recall the new model is not due till November.

December
SpenceJT likes this.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 05-21-2014, 09:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
I am still having audio drop-outs with my Denon factory re-furbished unit.
Has there been new FW to correct this yet or do I have to send it in for service?

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Old 05-21-2014, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 8,049
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I am still having audio drop-outs with my Denon factory re-furbished unit.
Has there been new FW to correct this yet or do I have to send it in for service?

 

I haven't seen any complaints of audio dropouts from other owners, so I would not expect a FW update.  I don't recall the history of your issue.  On what sources are you hearing dropouts?  Is it because of an HDMI handshake (which would affect video as well), or is it just audio?  What troubleshooting steps have you taken?

AustinJerry is online now  
Old 05-22-2014, 12:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

I haven't seen any complaints of audio dropouts from other owners, so I would not expect a FW update.  I don't recall the history of your issue.  On what sources are you hearing dropouts?  Is it because of an HDMI handshake (which would affect video as well), or is it just audio?  What troubleshooting steps have you taken?
I lose audio over HDMI.

I get a message saying "H/P Off"
Sometimes the audio comes back with a message of "H/P On"
Sometimes a power-off and on will bring it back.

Is there some kind of a master reset procedure?

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Old 05-22-2014, 12:41 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,881
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2148 Post(s)
Liked: 1785
^^
No need. Simply blow some compressed air into the "H/P" (headphone) jack. This issue generally presents on models that are much older.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 05-22-2014, 01:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Thanx for the tip.
Now I'll go get some compressed air from Best Buy.

Just one more thing: I can't get the unit to shut off via the remote OR the power button on the front of the box.eek.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Old 05-22-2014, 01:14 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,881
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2148 Post(s)
Liked: 1785
^^
You can also simply insert/remove a headphone plug a few times to remove the dust build up. If the unit will not power off, your only option is to unplug it, leaving it unplugged for at least 10 minutes.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 05-22-2014, 01:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
You can also simply insert/remove a headphone plug a few times to remove the dust build up. If the unit will not power off, your only option is to unplug it, leaving it unplugged for at least 10 minutes.
Again, thanx.
Pressing the POWER buttons simply toggle back and forth between MAIN ZONE ON and MAIN ZONE OFF.confused.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Old 05-22-2014, 01:35 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,881
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2148 Post(s)
Liked: 1785
^^
Oh .... that simply means you have one of the other Zones powered on. Set them all to OFF and you'll be able to power off the unit. smile.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 05-22-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
Oh .... that simply means you have one of the other Zones powered on. Set them all to OFF and you'll be able to power off the unit. smile.gif
I owe you a beer.

Will post back later after I have used some compressed air on the HP jack.....smile.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Old 05-22-2014, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 8,049
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post


I lose audio over HDMI.

I get a message saying "H/P Off"
Sometimes the audio comes back with a message of "H/P On"
Sometimes a power-off and on will bring it back.

Is there some kind of a master reset procedure?

 

If the AVR detects a headphone in use (H/P On), then it will disable external audio.  When the headphone is removed (H/P Off), the audio should be restored.  I hope it is dust.  I had to return a 4520 because the headphone jack went bad.

AustinJerry is online now  
Old 05-22-2014, 04:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post

If the AVR detects a headphone in use (H/P On), then it will disable external audio.  When the headphone is removed (H/P Off), the audio should be restored.  I hope it is dust.  I had to return a 4520 because the headphone jack went bad.
I did get some compressed air and sprayed it all around the inside of the jack and still get nothing.
I'll leave it unplugged for 15 minutes and see what happens.

Although I purchased the unit directly from Denon (a refurbish) and it is under warranty, if I have to ship it back I'll probably get dinged for the shipping fee unfortunately.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Old 05-22-2014, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,063
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 297
If it were me I'd spray some contact cleaner (electrical contact, not eyeball contact) in there and swab it around with a Q-tip just to make sure you got all the crud out.
Schwa is online now  
Old 05-22-2014, 06:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
oink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shuloch
Posts: 26,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post

If it were me I'd spray some contact cleaner (electrical contact, not eyeball contact) in there and swab it around with a Q-tip just to make sure you got all the crud out.
Theoretically, there shouldn't be any "crud" in there.eek.gif
I have barely used the thing since I bought it.

I guess I have to just remove it from my rack and send it to Denon.
You would think they would test their refurbished units before reselling 'em.rolleyes.gif

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
oink is offline  
Old 05-22-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 8,049
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 925
Since you are getting a message H/P on/off, have you actually inserted a headphone jack into the front panel connection to see what happens?
AustinJerry is online now  
Old 05-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Newbie
 
scherukat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any recommendations for a dealer for the 4520CI ?

USA Warranty. I see a lot of ebay dealers offering the unit for much less than 2499, but I am not sure whether its a good idea to buy from any of them. The Denon USA website keeps a list and none of these appear there.

I would like brand new and what is a good price to pay ?

Amazon/Magnolia have it listed at 2499.
scherukat is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 4,595
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by scherukat View Post

Any recommendations for a dealer for the 4520CI ?

USA Warranty. I see a lot of ebay dealers offering the unit for much less than 2499, but I am not sure whether its a good idea to buy from any of them. The Denon USA website keeps a list and none of these appear there.

I would like brand new and what is a good price to pay ?

Amazon/Magnolia have it listed at 2499.

You will get a response or PM soon wink.gif
Solarius likes this.

PSN ID: Jlpowell84
DIY Sound Group Volt 10 surround speaker build
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1531107/di...axial-speakers
My Setup Thread
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...4-s-setup.html
jlpowell84 is online now  
Old 05-23-2014, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 25,085
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Liked: 1611
The sponsor of this very forum AVScience is an authorized dealer. Call JDSmoothie (he's all over the Denon threads) and I'm sure you will be pleased with the price. Online dealers will almost always just list msrp publicly.
Solarius likes this.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is offline  
Old 05-24-2014, 04:02 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,881
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2148 Post(s)
Liked: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by scherukat View Post

Any recommendations for a dealer for the 4520CI ?

USA Warranty. I see a lot of ebay dealers offering the unit for much less than 2499, but I am not sure whether its a good idea to buy from any of them. The Denon USA website keeps a list and none of these appear there.

I would like brand new and what is a good price to pay ?

Amazon/Magnolia have it listed at 2499.

One comes to mind. wink.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Old 05-24-2014, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Chise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,296
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by scherukat View Post

Any recommendations for a dealer for the 4520CI ?

USA Warranty. I see a lot of ebay dealers offering the unit for much less than 2499, but I am not sure whether its a good idea to buy from any of them. The Denon USA website keeps a list and none of these appear there.

I would like brand new and what is a good price to pay ?

Amazon/Magnolia have it listed at 2499.
Where was you mouth or two ago they were on sale 1499.99 in BB.
Chise is offline  
Old 05-24-2014, 06:23 AM
Senior Member
 
reyalP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Chromecast plugged directly into receiver?


My TV is on the older side so to get sound through my receiver I need to plug it directly into on of the HDMI ports on the 4520. I have the power plugged directly into a wall socket instead of powering it by usb (I have heard that powering it by usb can cause damage to the device that is powering it if the usb is not providing enough power, so that is why I went directly to the socket).

Since I chose the wall socket method of powering it I was wondering if the Chromecast could do damage to the receiver since it is basically powered on all the time?
reyalP is online now  
Old 05-24-2014, 08:40 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,881
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2148 Post(s)
Liked: 1785
^^
Likely no more chance of damage than any other HDMI device connected (ie. none expected unless an unexpected power surge from the power source eg. lightning strike).

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
 

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off