The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread - Page 292 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8731 of 9055 Old 07-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Senior Member
 
reyalP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have the 4520 and a 7.1 setup. I noticed that when watching movies even though they advertise the recodring in 5.1 the reciever still plays it in 7.1. Not all movies but some do this. Is there a way to turn off the surround back left and right when I don't want to hear 7.1?
reyalP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8732 of 9055 Old 07-11-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,005
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyalP View Post
I have the 4520 and a 7.1 setup. I noticed that when watching movies even though they advertise the recodring in 5.1 the reciever still plays it in 7.1. Not all movies but some do this. Is there a way to turn off the surround back left and right when I don't want to hear 7.1?
If you hold down the Movie button on the remote, you can choose Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Ex. The former does not use the rear surrounds.
AustinJerry is offline  
post #8733 of 9055 Old 07-11-2014, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 24,003
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 1017
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyalP View Post
I have the 4520 and a 7.1 setup. I noticed that when watching movies even though they advertise the recodring in 5.1 the reciever still plays it in 7.1. Not all movies but some do this. Is there a way to turn off the surround back left and right when I don't want to hear 7.1?
Are the "some" all DTS soundtracks? Because DTS-HD will decode to your speaker layout; even if it's a 5.1 track it expands the surround to 7.1 if it detects surr.back speakers present in the layout. It's a "feature" of the DTS-HD decoder.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is offline  
post #8734 of 9055 Old 07-11-2014, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 3,977
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Could you not also go into speaker configuration and turn off surround back?
jlpowell84 is offline  
post #8735 of 9055 Old 07-11-2014, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 24,003
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 1017
Yes, but that's a PITA.

That said, I don't know why you WOULDN'T want to use your back surrounds when watching a movie.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is offline  
post #8736 of 9055 Old 07-11-2014, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 3,977
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 213
I have a question and am asking here as it seems a number of you are highly experienced with AVS and generally smart guys I'll make it quick and easy. I recently posted a classified on this new forum format listing a ton of Cooler Master fans, three prong power cords (same kind that come with Denon AVRS or Oppo players) and other computer connection cables. About a week later I posted on my own classified stating I would be having more fans available that are very powerful CFM movers. General info. I then a few days later received a PM from AVS getting a warning for bumping my own thread. I was an experienced classified seller on the prior format. I PM'd the first Moderator I came across and he told me "bumping" is not allowed and never was. I went on to tell him that Huddle had a "bump listing" button you could click every 72hrs before which was news to him. Anyway where should I go to find out what the issue is or where is best to talk with the powers of AVS?

Off Topic so I hope you are not offended but I don't know where to go or who to chat with so I ask for your understanding. I love AVS as you guys do and wish to operate as I should

Going to run an Audyssey calibration tonight in hopes that it is one I am happy with. Then will watch Transformers 3 after 1&2 this last weekend in preparation to watch the 4th in Imax on Saturday evening
jlpowell84 is offline  
post #8737 of 9055 Old 07-11-2014, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 3,977
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Yes, but that's a PITA.

That said, I don't know why you WOULDN'T want to use your back surrounds when watching a movie.
My initial thoughts as well. Seems to me it's just a quick menu navigation. Of course I go into the menu very often tweaking things
jlpowell84 is offline  
post #8738 of 9055 Old 07-11-2014, 02:40 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,104
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Without using the rear surrounds it just doesn't sound right. I'm hoping to eventually expand my 7.1 system to a 9.1 system with the 4520 at some point in the next year. Since there are nine channels of amplification I would like to take advantage of it at some point.

FedEx is showing that I can pick up the 4520 today. So hopefully I can set it up tonight.
aaronwt is offline  
post #8739 of 9055 Old 07-11-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Posts: 4,879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Without using the rear surrounds it just doesn't sound right. I'm hoping to eventually expand my 7.1 system to a 9.1 system with the 4520 at some point in the next year. Since there are nine channels of amplification I would like to take advantage of it at some point.

FedEx is showing that I can pick up the 4520 today. So hopefully I can set it up tonight.

Ya, I'm not sure why one wouldn't want to use the rear surrounds either. As far as expanding to 9.1 - I liked the improvement. 11.2 is even better. Start with wides ( depending on your room layout ), then if you want, go with height speakers ( 2 channel amp needed ).

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at craig@avscience.com
http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
Craig Peer is offline  
post #8740 of 9055 Old 07-11-2014, 07:39 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,104
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 641


Boy this sounds very good. I've tried out several BD titles. It doesn't seem like a placebo effect but I've heard sounds that I never realized was there.
I'm just letting stuff run for now to make sure the 4520 doesn't have any issues being on for a long period. Although my UPS is reporting around 120 watts being used consistently when the volume is at zero. And higher during loud passages. Is that normal?(I saw it peak for a split second above 200watts during one part of Gravity. But that is the highest I saw. Most of the time it's much lower)

Do the fans inside run all the time or just when it reaches a certain temp? I can't really tell if they are on or not. I did place my one whisper quiet fan on top to get a little air flow. Do the fans on the bottom pull air up? My fan on top pulls air up so I just want to make sure the airflow is the same.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme


Last edited by aaronwt; 07-11-2014 at 07:42 PM.
aaronwt is offline  
post #8741 of 9055 Old 07-11-2014, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 3,977
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
I have a question and am asking here as it seems a number of you are highly experienced with AVS and generally smart guys I'll make it quick and easy. I recently posted a classified on this new forum format listing a ton of Cooler Master fans, three prong power cords (same kind that come with Denon AVRS or Oppo players) and other computer connection cables. About a week later I posted on my own classified stating I would be having more fans available that are very powerful CFM movers. General info. I then a few days later received a PM from AVS getting a warning for bumping my own thread. I was an experienced classified seller on the prior format. I PM'd the first Moderator I came across and he told me "bumping" is not allowed and never was. I went on to tell him that Huddle had a "bump listing" button you could click every 72hrs before which was news to him. Anyway where should I go to find out what the issue is or where is best to talk with the powers of AVS?

Off Topic so I hope you are not offended but I don't know where to go or who to chat with so I ask for your understanding. I love AVS as you guys do and wish to operate as I should

Going to run an Audyssey calibration tonight in hopes that it is one I am happy with. Then will watch Transformers 3 after 1&2 this last weekend in preparation to watch the 4th in Imax on Saturday evening
Well perhaps not a winner lol! Or the classic tunnel vision of "dealing" with people? Anyway i'll figure it out
jlpowell84 is offline  
post #8742 of 9055 Old 07-12-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,104
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 641
I spent more time last night with my 4520. I was up until almost 3Am. So I had it on for over seven hours. Every source I used sounded noticeably better than it did from my 3808. Everything sounded more natural, smoother. I don't know if this is strictly from the MultEQ XT32, the 32 bit DACs or a combination of both. But there is no question it sounded much better.

Whether broadcast TV, Netflix, Vudu, Amazon streaming, BD playback, BD ISO playback, and even playing games on the XBOne and PS4. The audio sounded much better. I use a 7.1 system with an SVS sub and SVS speakers. I never knew they could sound so good.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
post #8743 of 9055 Old 07-12-2014, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JohnAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 6,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I spent more time last night with my 4520. I was up until almost 3Am. So I had it on for over seven hours. Every source I used sounded noticeably better than it did from my 3808. Everything sounded more natural, smoother. I don't know if this is strictly from the MultEQ XT32, the 32 bit DACs or a combination of both. But there is no question it sounded much better.

Whether broadcast TV, Netflix, Vudu, Amazon streaming, BD playback, BD ISO playback, and even playing games on the XBOne and PS4. The audio sounded much better. I use a 7.1 system with an SVS sub and SVS speakers. I never knew they could sound so good.
Its a exceptionally sounding AVR, I moved up from a 2809 awhile back, and yes no question everything sounds better with MultiEQ XT32, and the rest of the feature set. Congratulation on finally getting it.


PS. The fans will only kick in if the unit becomes excessively hot which I never encountered as I keep the 4520 well ventulated, otherwise it is just heat convection (totally quiet).
aaronwt likes this.

Oppo Beta Group
JohnAV is offline  
post #8744 of 9055 Old 07-12-2014, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jlpowell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 3,977
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I spent more time last night with my 4520. I was up until almost 3Am. So I had it on for over seven hours. Every source I used sounded noticeably better than it did from my 3808. Everything sounded more natural, smoother. I don't know if this is strictly from the MultEQ XT32, the 32 bit DACs or a combination of both. But there is no question it sounded much better.

Whether broadcast TV, Netflix, Vudu, Amazon streaming, BD playback, BD ISO playback, and even playing games on the XBOne and PS4. The audio sounded much better. I use a 7.1 system with an SVS sub and SVS speakers. I never knew they could sound so good.
I came from multi EQ XT on my Denon 3313 to the 4520 with XT32. I noticed it sounded smoother and it seemed to me the "teamwork" of all the speakers and subs was better. I am sure it is credited to much more filters being applied over Multi EQ XT version.
jlpowell84 is offline  
post #8745 of 9055 Old 07-13-2014, 07:14 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I finally got my 4520ci ordered yesterday thanks to Craig Peer and the AVS store. Craig went above and beyond answering all of my questions and addressing all of my concerns. I'm looking forward to getting the receiver and swapping out the 3808ci. I hope it's the improvement I've been looking for. Thanks again Craig and thanks to all on the forum for the great information.
Craig Peer and jlpowell84 like this.
Bmf79 is offline  
post #8746 of 9055 Old 07-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Dreamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I really need help getting my remote triggered outlet to work. I've been trying to make this work since 2012 and have no idea what to do now.

Receiver: Denon 4520
Remote Trigger: AMX PC2 (Click here for link to AMX manual)

I need a triggered outlet to turn some gear on with my receiver, the AMX technically should work for what I want to do.

Denon uses 1/8" mono cable, AMX uses Phoenix connector (block, bare wire).
AMX has dip switches for latching or momentary trigger.

I used a 1/8" male to 1/8" male cable, cut off one end and exposed the two wires. Connected ground to pin 1 on AMX and Positive to Pin 2 (as per AMX manual, see link above). Tried on Momentary and Latching, reversed wires each way. The AMX either turns on instantly and never shuts off or never turns on.

The Denon can trigger an external amp with a 1/8" male to 1/8" male mono cable just fine.

I have 2 of these AMX devices, neither work as I've tried above.

What do I do?
Dreamliner is offline  
post #8747 of 9055 Old 07-13-2014, 05:53 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,104
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 641
I just did my first configuration save for my 4520. That certainly takes a long time. When it said ten minutes they weren't kidding. That is a lot longer than it took for my 3808. Is that because of all the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 measurements? My 3808 only had Audyssey MultEQ XT.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
post #8748 of 9055 Old 07-13-2014, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,005
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 667
How much longer than 10 minutes? I don't think it takes longer than 15 minutes on my system. The important thing is that it finished successfully, and that you tested the saved file to make sure it wasn't just a file with zeros in it.
AustinJerry is offline  
post #8749 of 9055 Old 07-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Senior Member
 
AV_mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
I really need help getting my remote triggered outlet to work. I've been trying to make this work since 2012 and have no idea what to do now.

Receiver: Denon 4520
Remote Trigger: AMX PC2 (Click here for link to AMX manual)

I need a triggered outlet to turn some gear on with my receiver, the AMX technically should work for what I want to do.

Denon uses 1/8" mono cable, AMX uses Phoenix connector (block, bare wire).
AMX has dip switches for latching or momentary trigger.

I used a 1/8" male to 1/8" male cable, cut off one end and exposed the two wires. Connected ground to pin 1 on AMX and Positive to Pin 2 (as per AMX manual, see link above). Tried on Momentary and Latching, reversed wires each way. The AMX either turns on instantly and never shuts off or never turns on.

The Denon can trigger an external amp with a 1/8" male to 1/8" male mono cable just fine.

I have 2 of these AMX devices, neither work as I've tried above.

What do I do?
Your AMX device requires a switch input, such that a short-circuit would cause the output contacts to close. The 4520 trigger outputs are providing +12 volts when enabled, 0 volts when disabled. The two things are incompatible.
You could use the trigger output to drive a low power relay, and then use the relay contacts to provide input to the AMX. Just look for a nice small low coil current relay at a local DIY electronics store.
The amplifier you mentioned is obviously designed to employ standard trigger connections, just like my sub-woofer (12 volt trigger)
Regards, Mike.
AV_mike is offline  
post #8750 of 9055 Old 07-14-2014, 01:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Dreamliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_mike View Post
Your AMX device requires a switch input, such that a short-circuit would cause the output contacts to close. The 4520 trigger outputs are providing +12 volts when enabled, 0 volts when disabled. The two things are incompatible.
You could use the trigger output to drive a low power relay, and then use the relay contacts to provide input to the AMX. Just look for a nice small low coil current relay at a local DIY electronics store.
The amplifier you mentioned is obviously designed to employ standard trigger connections, just like my sub-woofer (12 volt trigger)
Regards, Mike.
I thought it might be something like that. Unfortunately, that moves a bit outside my depth. Any advice on a trigger outlet with a 1/8" trigger designed for home theater? I wish Denon still had the 120v plugs on the back, it'd be a non-issue!
Dreamliner is offline  
post #8751 of 9055 Old 07-14-2014, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,005
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
I thought it might be something like that. Unfortunately, that moves a bit outside my depth. Any advice on a trigger outlet with a 1/8" trigger designed for home theater? I wish Denon still had the 120v plugs on the back, it'd be a non-issue!
I recall when one of my previous Denon's had the power plug on the back (a 4308, I believe). If you were to look at the Owner's manual, the power rating for that convenience plug was actually quite low. The average user probably never paid any attention to the power rating, and likely plugged high-current devices in such as a power amp or a subwoofer. This is probably why Denon decided to do away with the plug, and from a safety perspective, it was the right decision.
AustinJerry is offline  
post #8752 of 9055 Old 07-14-2014, 05:59 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,104
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
How much longer than 10 minutes? I don't think it takes longer than 15 minutes on my system. The important thing is that it finished successfully, and that you tested the saved file to make sure it wasn't just a file with zeros in it.
How do I test the save file?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
post #8753 of 9055 Old 07-14-2014, 06:02 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 21,104
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
I recall when one of my previous Denon's had the power plug on the back (a 4308, I believe). If you were to look at the Owner's manual, the power rating for that convenience plug was actually quite low. The average user probably never paid any attention to the power rating, and likely plugged high-current devices in such as a power amp or a subwoofer. This is probably why Denon decided to do away with the plug, and from a safety perspective, it was the right decision.
I was wondering what happened to that. I had my whisper quiet fan plugged into it on my 3808. I had to switch to a surge protected outlet on my UPS and plug my 4520 into the Master outlet. So that way the fan comes on when the 4520 does. But it isn't on UPS power so the fan will go off if the power goes out. Is there anything I can get that can power on/off with the triggers on the 4520? And plug the fan into that.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

aaronwt is offline  
post #8754 of 9055 Old 07-14-2014, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,005
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
How do I test the save file?
The write-up is here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1430049/th...#post_22487485

Short version:

- Download a free Hex editor like this one: http://hxd-hex-editor.soft32.com/fre...a4AaAmKz8P8HAQ

- Open the saved configuration file using the Hex editor.

- Page down a ways through the file to make sure it is not empty (e.g. all zeros). If you see hex characters, it is a good save.
aaronwt likes this.
AustinJerry is offline  
post #8755 of 9055 Old 07-14-2014, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,005
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I was wondering what happened to that. I had my whisper quiet fan plugged into it on my 3808. I had to switch to a surge protected outlet on my UPS and plug my 4520 into the Master outlet. So that way the fan comes on when the 4520 does. But it isn't on UPS power so the fan will go off if the power goes out. Is there anything I can get that can power on/off with the triggers on the 4520? And plug the fan into that.
I believe there are a number of power strips that have a 12-V trigger that work well with the 4520. Perhaps someone else can make a specific recommendation.
aaronwt likes this.
AustinJerry is offline  
post #8756 of 9055 Old 07-14-2014, 07:47 AM
Senior Member
 
ril850's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oxnard (So Cal)
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hello guys,
whats the difference between Quick Select vs. just going to the the particular input using the remote? How do I program the Quick Select buttons?

Life is what you make it.......
ril850 is offline  
post #8757 of 9055 Old 07-14-2014, 08:07 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,601
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 1365
Quick Select buttons

Selecting the source simply turns on that source, while using a Quick Select (p. 106 Owner's manual) will turn on the source using a specific set of settings (see image below) for that source. You can program the Quick Select by simply selecting the source, making your settings changes, and then press/hold the Quick Select button under the front panel flap. There are 4 Quick Selects each for the main, Zone 2, and Zone 3.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (17.3 KB, 156 views)

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 07-14-2014 at 08:13 AM.
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #8758 of 9055 Old 07-14-2014, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,005
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Unfortunately, Denon removed the Quick Select buttons from the 4520 remote. For those too lazy to get up and use the buttons on the front panel as JD suggests, and who have a Harmony remote, there is hope! Simply access the 4520 database and set up your remote for the QS1, QS2, and QS3 codes.
AustinJerry is offline  
post #8759 of 9055 Old 07-14-2014, 08:16 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,601
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 1365
I should also add that the Quick Select buttons have returned to the new 2014 model remotes.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #8760 of 9055 Old 07-14-2014, 08:39 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,601
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 1365
Additionally, I see that Denon has not raised the MSRP back to $2499 and with further checking turns out the sale has been extended another 2 weeks to July 27. The phones are open.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off