Forum Jump: 

post #9151 of 9153 Old 08-29-2014, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
I just wanted to let everyone know I have my 4520 in a rack and have cooling fans that I want triggered to turn on/off with the 4520. I got a triggered outlet device that was supposed to be controlled by the 4520's 3.5mm triggers but I could never get it to work. I tried off and on to get it working for over a year. I always just ended up pressing the switch on the device to manually turn on/off the fans.

I never figured out why it didn't work, but every time I brought it up, everyone just said to get a smart switch. I finally bought one, this one. It is FANTASTIC!

I connected the receiver to the 'Master' outlet and the fans to the 'On/Off with Master' outlet and viola! My fans now turn on/off with my system (the 4520 pulls enough juice to trigger the outlets). CyberPower is based in Minnesota, about 30 minutes from my house actually. Quite possibly the best $16.52 I've spent!

The Panamax M8-AV-PRO has a 12 volt trigger. I'm using that and it works fine for my cooling fans.

http://www.panamax.com/Products/Floo...p#tab_features
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9152 of 9153 Old 08-29-2014, 09:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 675
If you have your 4520 connected to a UPS that can be an option too. I use an APC UPS with my 4520. I have the 4520 connected to the Master outlet and my fan connected to a slave outlet. WHich allows the fan to automatically turn on/off with the 4520.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #9153 of 9153 Old 08-29-2014, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figarou View Post
The Panamax M8-AV-PRO has a 12 volt trigger. I'm using that and it works fine for my cooling fans.

http://www.panamax.com/Products/Floo...p#tab_features
I have a SurgeX which has a remote, but it applies to almost all the outlets. I tried, a few times, to figure it out with my device. No such luck. I wish they made a device exactly like this with a 1/8" remote connector. Oh well. Working now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
If you have your 4520 connected to a UPS that can be an option too. I use an APC UPS with my 4520. I have the 4520 connected to the Master outlet and my fan connected to a slave outlet. WHich allows the fan to automatically turn on/off with the 4520.
I use a APC Smart-UPS 1500VA in my system, but it is connected into a handful of devices also.

I had devices that could get the job done, but they were performing other functions and at the end of the day, I needed a specific device for a remote triggered outlet....or you know, Denon just to have left the triggered outlet on the receiver.

Last edited by Dreamliner; 08-29-2014 at 09:51 PM.
post #9154 of 9153 Old Yesterday, 04:28 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 1422
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxkid View Post
Just picked up my 4520 and it's still sitting in the box. I don't need atmos but my computer is downstairs and the theater is upstairs. Now I'm wondering if I'm going to run into problem without wifi. I'm assuming I can update firmware through usb? What utility is wifi and bluetooth in the receiever? Is there a bluetooth adapter that works with this model if needed? I'm hooking it up with a projector and blu-ray player
Sorry, but firmware updates by USB is not possible at this time. Most any 3rd party Wifi router that can be set to "bridge" mode can be used while for Bluetooth you can use a 3rd party Bluetooth adapter (although if you use DLNA, likely no reason for Bluetooth).

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page