Originally Posted by AVSF458
Warren makes the best point of ALL.
At BB, the warranty you think you bought is not what you actually buy because of all the fine print. The Reps really have NO CLUE and all they are seeing are $$ Signs because that is the only thing they get paid extra on or used to.
IT IS YOUR LUCK AND THE MOOD OF THE BB REP who services your when you go to the store for WARRANTY issues.
I had an issue with a Sony Playstation one and one store told they wont honor the warranty. Went to the next store 5 miles away and they gave me credit for the original purchase price ( which is the most you should be able to get any way ).
Elite or No Elite BB cannot be responsible for a bad Unit and if there is no stock left. Again YOUR STORE MGR may really want you there because you buy a TON of stuff and do something for you but I doubt he can reduce a units price that much if it was not on sale. Unless you bought 100K worth of stuff from them and they made 90K on it ofcourse.
Let's hope you get a great unit and never have an issue :-) :-).
their decision is not quite as random as breeze changes of the wind
in my experience...I have had only had one situation where they were not going to go past any stipulations in the fine print of the extended warranty
I have 4-5 other situations where they did
I do buy there regularly and have been reward zone elite for years
I am FAR from their top 1% of customers though..I assure you
they have some loyal customers.. aka.and early adopters....that will be in the store buying the item the day it comes in
I have witnessed people buying the both the Panasonic Zt60 and Sharp Elite LED for full MSRP in the first few days it was available....
In fact I saw a guy walk in and buy two 70" sharp elites at full MSRP...$7K each
Needless to say I am not in that crowd and dont think I would ever spend MSRP on Asian electronics...considering their life cycle and market value changes
I remember the Sharp elite being on clearance later at a store( display) for $2250. I did nearly buy that..
I buy at the end of the season or during their blowout sales at 65-75% off MSRP...in fact I bet 85% of the dollars I spend there are on items like that...with blu ray movies making up the other 10-15%
all in all I dont think their end of season blowouts can be beat
As I look in my audio "closet" of my media room...I am about 99% certain their blowout deals cant be beat..lol