post #9781 of 9791 Old Today, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangled Cable View Post
Wonder if I can get them to let me use it retroactively ... I just bought my open box model yesterday.

Do you have a link to the coupon?
on the Best Buy website type "open box" in the search bar

a link to the coupon should open up on the website

You should be able to take the receipt and return and rebuy...if you are within your return period

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9782 of 9791 Old Today, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangled Cable View Post
Wonder if I can get them to let me use it retroactively ... I just bought my open box model yesterday.

Do you have a link to the coupon?
If you can get the coupon -- you should try it. They should be willing to apply it as long as you have the receipt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Tigers fan? Alum?
Grew up in Joplin, MO - and family are all Mizzou alums.

I went east to a different kind of football powerhouse ... and my Crimson start their season with Holy Cross this weekend on the way to what should be *yet another* conference championship.

But big time NCAAF and NCAAM is so much more fun to watch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9783 of 9791 Old Today, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well, hard-resetting the AVR did not help. The right surround channel is dead. Just for grins(considering I will return this unit) I am trying to load my backed-up settings. The file is not all zeros, and like the first backup is 743984 bytes. I have the network standby set to "off" and the AVR just sits with the red LED on and "Loading" on the display for 20-30 minutes. Anyone encounter this?

Also, assuming a good backup, and assuming that I first update the replacement AVR to the latest FW if needed, are the saved config files applicable to a different unit? Of course I would re-calibrate via Audyssey but I have a lot of work into other config settings that I would prefer to be able to keep.
post #9784 of 9791 Old Today, 02:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpml View Post
Yeah.. this ave draws something like 750watts if i remember right.. dont' use anything under 14AWG (lower number is better.. higher worse) if you can find a computer cord thats 14awg that would be fine also.. 12awg better.. 16awg no good..
My 4520 only draws around 130 watts. Sometimes 140 watts. I'm running a 9.1 setup.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #9785 of 9791 Old Today, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
My 4520 only draws around 130 watts. Sometimes 140 watts. I'm running a 9.1 setup.

Yeah, i thought i had read that max draw can be something like 750 which sounds insane to me anyway...
post #9786 of 9791 Old Today, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked: 1240
That's the rating on the power supply (it's actually 780W), they don't specify what it means but I imagine it's the MAX continuous draw. It should be a fraction of that in normal use.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ

post #9787 of 9791 Old Today, 05:46 PM

Soo.. worked 14 hours.. finally get home, unbox my unit. Hook up speakers/hdmi and power up. run for about 3 minutes while i was going through the setup menu, then shut off with a flashing red light. Turn it on.. now only stays in about 5 seconds then off. removed all speakers.. fm antenna. hdmi.. same thing.

Any known issues or a master reset or anything? if i have to take this back i will be sad

tried a hard reset... no love.. will call denon monday. another month without a receiver and a ton in shipping i'm betting.. don't really wanna goto BB to be told sorry no more left..

Last edited by Rpml; Today at 06:02 PM.
post #9788 of 9791 Old Today, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpml View Post
Soo.. worked 14 hours.. finally get home, unbox my unit. Hook up speakers/hdmi and power up. run for about 3 minutes while i was going through the setup menu, then shut off with a flashing red light. Turn it on.. now only stays in about 5 seconds then off. removed all speakers.. fm antenna. hdmi.. same thing.

Any known issues or a master reset or anything? if i have to take this back i will be sad

tried a hard reset... no love.. will call denon monday. another month without a receiver and a ton in shipping i'm betting.. don't really wanna goto BB to be told sorry no more left..

think I would try to BB option first

that month or so and shipping back to Denon does not sound like a good experience

been there done that a few years to Panurgy in NJ...and it was not a good experience

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #9789 of 9791 Old Today, 06:41 PM

Yeah.. BB shows it as no longer available.. so no chance of a replacement.. going to see if i can just get a refund and pick up a s900w or whatever the $600 one is... unreal..
post #9790 of 9791 Old Today, 07:45 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 714
For the low price it cost I would get Denon to fix it. It was a sweet deal at those very low prices.

Spending only a little less for the lower end S900W, would be a huge letdown.

Plus the S900W only has Audyssey MultEQ. Which is two levels below the MultEQ XT32 the 4520 has.

My Denon 3808 had MultEQ XT, which was one level below MultEQ XT32. And there was a gigantic difference.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; Today at 07:58 PM.
post #9791 of 9791 Old Today, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 29
This is making me nervous. My open box model is still in its open box, sitting in my HT. I was going to leave my existing avr hooked up so I could hopefully demo it for potential craigslist buyers, but now I'm thinking I shouldn't wait to find out if there is anything wrong with my 4520, given the problems some owners are reporting ...

Are there known reliability issues with this model?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page