Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2026 View Post
My emphasis;

Hi Chris,

Fits with Amazon, where its selling at $1599...

Denon AVR-4520CI Networking Home Theater AV Receiver with AirPlay (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Only 9 left in stock.
Sold by Vanns and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Denon's site also took it off the receiver page where I used to see it... The link to it doesn't work now.

I haven't fired mine up yet either but getting closer. A few more things to do, like add a shelf to my stand and then assemble the banana plugs and start plugging in...

Hope we all have great experiences with the 4510s
I ordered 2 because I realized I could get 10% back in reward points if I used the BB card and it wouldn't let me cancel the previous order.
Then my BB card was inactive for a while so it was canceled. The order seems like it shipped and was at the store I was to pick it up. It showed up as in stock at my local BB (small market) and was there until it wasn't on the BB site anymore.
I wonder if I could grab it cheaper?
Guess I could go look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9842 of 9849 Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 666
The backlight on the 4520 remote engages with vibration or touch - I hate that.

I like backlit, but I only want the light to come on when I push a button, not when it senses the slightest vibration. I have eight 18" subwoofers and the light is on basically non stop when I watch any movie - no matter where the remote is in the room.

I looked in the manual and it looks like I have two options. Default is on. The only other option is off. Is that right? I don't get a choice of having backlight with button press instead of motion? Anybody have any suggestions?

I'd take the remote apart and disable the motion sensor if I had any idea at what I was looking for.......Is my remote especially sensitive or is this normal?

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9843 of 9849 Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 652 Post(s)
Liked: 715
I only have the one SVS 20-39 PC+ and the remote will do the same thing when there is deep bass.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #9844 of 9849 Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
no surprises on your preference

though I am surprised that the defining moment was in surround vs 2 channel

However...I bet you spent hundreds more on the Anthem than you did for the Denon

In my experience...MSRP on brands like Anthem are pretty synonymous with market price

Warren
Actually it was with 2 channel that I new I was keeping the Anthem-the Denon had already been returned when I ran ARC and watched a movie, this was icing in the cake. I haven't had my system and sub sounding so good and the 2 channel brings me back to my old B&K Ref 50 pre pro. Pricing was a few hundred more and yes they are price protected, but so was the 4520 at 1599 . Even at MSRP this unit is less expensive than the 4520 street price was only a few weeks ago.

MRX510
B K 200.5
Klipsh Forte Mains
Klipsh Center
ADS Surrounds
XS30
post #9845 of 9849 Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Actually it was with 2 channel that I new I was keeping the Anthem-the Denon had already been returned when I ran ARC and watched a movie, this was icing in the cake. I haven't had my system and sub sounding so good and the 2 channel brings me back to my old B&K Ref 50 pre pro. Pricing was a few hundred more and yes they are price protected, but so was the 4520 at 1599 . Even at MSRP this unit is less expensive than the 4520 street price was only a few weeks ago.
I had exactly the opposite experience, as I documented in the Anthem thread. I purchased and evaluated the 510, but found ARC not as effective in calibrating the bass for my four subs as Audyssey XT32. I also had HDMI compatibility issues. I returned the 510 and kept the 4520.

post #9846 of 9849 Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Was watching a movie tonight and the picture just cut out, then went to garbage video with the projector reporting 480p, then picture came back but frozen. Definite issue with the HDMI jacks and/or video output. I'll go nuts if I end up having to return this now that they're sold out and I can't get a replacement -- have already completely changed my remote and my various Autohotkey scripts, as well as having finally (after watching a movie Saturday night) become 100% satisfied with my home theater audio/visual experience.
post #9847 of 9849 Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Plug and unplug your hdmi connections...hopefully they are just loose.

How long are your cables?
post #9848 of 9849 Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I went to BB this afternoon in an attempt to get the open box discount adjustment. No joy. Because I had already used the mover's discount, the system would not allow for a second discount combo. I still feel I got a great deal on a great unit. Now, seeing as how stock may have dried up, I am sitting with a bigger grin on my face.
post #9849 of 9849 Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 320
I saw someone mention earlier in the thread that BBY got their "hands slapped" for offering this unit for such a low price but I'm thinkin' it was totally intentional (by Denon as well)with the Atmos lines coming out...My guess is if by 'black friday' any are left they will be going for that price and it will deplete everyone's inventory of this model.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page