The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread - Page 341 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10201 of 10219 Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Auto lip sync

Were do you find auto lip sync, i can only find auto delay. I have moved auto delay to 53ms it is working better. But i still like to try auto lip sync.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10202 of 10219 Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by jappleboy View Post
Were do you find auto lip sync, i can only find auto delay. I have moved auto delay to 53ms it is working better. But i still like to try auto lip sync.
Lip sync and delay are different names for the same thing.
post #10203 of 10219 Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 1444
Actually Jerry- I think he's referring to the Auto Lip Sync setting found in Video/ HDMI settings.
post #10204 of 10219 Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Liked: 793
post #10205 of 10219 Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Auto

Hay, guys thank you both, Auto lip sync was set to on so i tried auto delay looks like it is working better lip are closer to the speech. Did have to set it to 53ms. Should have kept my 5308cl.
post #10206 of 10219 Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quick question.

On the x4000 I just returned would have more GUI info when the info button was pushed. Is this not possible with the 4520ci?

Like this.
post #10207 of 10219 Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 1444
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
Quick question.

On the x4000 I just returned would have more GUI info when the info button was pushed. Is this not possible with the 4520ci?

Like this.
No. The expanded Info button graphic was a new feature added on the X/S series models that came out the year after the 4520.
post #10208 of 10219 Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Yepp, all you get is the source and audio types, no channels in/channels out on 4520.

65" VT50 / BDP-S7200
Denon AVR-4520CI
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500
post #10209 of 10219 Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks guys.

The other thing I can't figure out is how to watch 1 source and listen to another.
post #10210 of 10219 Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post
Well it is a feature to use if needed.
I do my tv viewing mostly at mv - 20 to -30 so considerably lower.
Ya, I do most of my regular tv viewing around -25 to -30. I don't bother with the dynamic sound control though....I only move to around -8 to -12 for movies and such. I would never want to watch regular TV at those levels...the variability of the sound levels especially with the commercials would be grating to say the least even though the commercials are by law supposed to be level with the rest of the programming nowadays, that is if they want to be compliant.

TV - Panasonic 58PZ700U plasma
L/R - Ascend Sierra Towers with RAAL Tweets in piano black
C - Ascend Sierra Horizon with RAAL Tweet in piano black
Surr - Polk Fxi-A6
Sub - SVS PC-13 Ultra
AVR - Denon 4520-CI
Blu-ray - OPPO 103
Comcast Set Top Box
post #10211 of 10219 Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
AVR/TV/DIRECTV Issue!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

This morning I went to turn on my equipment with my DIRECTV remote as I usually do with the ON button NOT the PWR button, this usually turns on my Genie, Sony XBR65X900a and DENON AVR-4520CI. I have lost this functionality. I now have to physically move the switch on my DIRECTV remote to AV1 in order to turn the receiver and to control the volume. Before this I was able to control the volume on the receiver without the switch having to be on the AV1 position, and if I wanted to shut the receiver off the remote would automatically switch over and control the TV volume. Also when I would play a movie via my USB on the TV the receiver would auto switch to TV audio, I have also lost this capability. If anyone could be of assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
John
post #10212 of 10219 Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Sounds like the remote went haywire. You can try reprogramming, or call service and request a new remote.

"After silence, that which best expresses the inexpressible, is music" - Aldous Huxley
post #10213 of 10219 Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 55
If one wants AUTO Lip Sync to work, do you have to have delay set to ZERO?

If delay is set to a number, say 75 ms , does Auto Lip Sync still work?
post #10214 of 10219 Old Today, 12:40 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbeef View Post
Ya, I do most of my regular tv viewing around -25 to -30. I don't bother with the dynamic sound control though....I only move to around -8 to -12 for movies and such. I would never want to watch regular TV at those levels...the variability of the sound levels especially with the commercials would be grating to say the least even though the commercials are by law supposed to be level with the rest of the programming nowadays, that is if they want to be compliant.

I seem to recall reading that commercials usually do adhere to the max volume requirements but they punch everything up to a much higher average volume. So the voice of the housewife who is contemplating having an affair with some cleaning product is as loud as an explosion in the show you are watching. Observing the behavior of the VU meters on my external amp seems to bear this out.
post #10215 of 10219 Old Today, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieTheBull View Post
PLEASE HELP!!!

This morning I went to turn on my equipment with my DIRECTV remote as I usually do with the ON button NOT the PWR button, this usually turns on my Genie, Sony XBR65X900a and DENON AVR-4520CI. I have lost this functionality. I now have to physically move the switch on my DIRECTV remote to AV1 in order to turn the receiver and to control the volume. Before this I was able to control the volume on the receiver without the switch having to be on the AV1 position, and if I wanted to shut the receiver off the remote would automatically switch over and control the TV volume. Also when I would play a movie via my USB on the TV the receiver would auto switch to TV audio, I have also lost this capability. If anyone could be of assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
John
I don't think the DirecTV remote can do all three directly. Perhaps you had HDMI CEC enabled at one point where the TV would turn the AVR on/off?
post #10216 of 10219 Old Today, 11:55 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieTheBull View Post
PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you,
John

To me it sounds as if your DTV remote is set to control both the DTV receiver and your TV (like my equipment in the den). Plus, you had enabled CEC/HDMI control between the TV and the receiver. Therefore when the DTV remote turned on the receiver and tv, the TV hdmi control turned on the Denon. My Samsung and 4520 in the family room are setup with HDMI control so that turning on the TV automatically turns on the Denon. Additionally, pass through is on so that turning on the DTV receiver also turns on the TV (with it's speakers); but not the Denon.

Bottom line: Sounds as if CEC/HDMI control is no longer working. I would turn it off on both TV and Denon, then turn off the sets. Then turn on the sets and turn on HDMI control on both. Then turn off both sets. Finally, it hopefully will be back to normal when you turn everything on again.
post #10217 of 10219 Old Today, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Well I got her all hooked up and running everything (sound wise) stock, no calibration. It sounds pretty good so far. It's nice to have the hdmi switching to use my tv or pj. I'm running 5.2 right now to compare apples to apples from my older denon. Then I'm adding wides and surround back or heights.

Also I need a better HD radio antenna, got any recommendations? Here are some pictures.

cchunter likes this.
post #10218 of 10219 Old Today, 03:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked: 758
WoW ! I finally got around to mounting my Axiom Front Height speakers on the wall. Previously they were on a shelf around a foot above the FL/FR speakers. Now they are close to four feet above the FL/FR speakers. I performed the calibration again and the front soundstage has really opened up from when the front height speakers were lower. I only wish I could have aimed the speakers better but the Axiom mounting brackets were more limiting than I realized. So they aren't in the ideal placement but they still have improved the soundstage by a wide margin.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #10219 of 10219 Old Today, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
WoW ! I finally got around to mounting my Axiom Front Height speakers on the wall. Previously they were on a shelf around a foot above the FL/FR speakers. Now they are close to four feet above the FL/FR speakers. I performed the calibration again and the front soundstage has really opened up from when the front height speakers were lower. I only wish I could have aimed the speakers better but the Axiom mounting brackets were more limiting than I realized. So they aren't in the ideal placement but they still have improved the soundstage by a wide margin.
Do you have widths too or just heights. My room right now would allow both or force a single surround back.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 4520ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page