Forum Jump: 
post #10801 of 10804 Unread Today, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
To make you feel better I only use my Oppo 103d for blu ray duty too. I just don't need to run the oppo all the time for just the darbee. Less items in a chain to give issues.
Yeah it did bug me that I had to have the oppo on for everything else and it was a pain to explain to the wife exactly what input she had to be on since my harmony never quite programmed right for that purpose. I think I will just run another HDMI to my projector with my old darbee. I do like having it available for my htpc and directv feed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10802 of 10804 Unread Today, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by laeriq View Post
Yeah it did bug me that I had to have the oppo on for everything else and it was a pain to explain to the wife exactly what input she had to be on since my harmony never quite programmed right for that purpose. I think I will just run another HDMI to my projector with my old darbee. I do like having it available for my htpc and directv feed.
That sounds easy enough.

I have my Oppo and cable to the 4520. Then 4520 hdmi 1 to my w1070 and hdmi 2 to my Sony 60. Plus have hdmi from Xbox 360 directly to hdmi 2 on the w1070.
post #10803 of 10804 Unread Today, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
That sounds easy enough.

I have my Oppo and cable to the 4520. Then 4520 hdmi 1 to my w1070 and hdmi 2 to my Sony 60. Plus have hdmi from Xbox 360 directly to hdmi 2 on the w1070.
I have my 103D and 4520 on the left side of my entertainment center with a
ViewHD Prosumer Ultra HD HDMI True Matrix 4X2 Switcher (VHD-PRO4X2) and then have my DirectTV and Sony 5200 BR player on the right side.

I instructed the family to only use the right side for non critical TV viewing and when I want to watch a movie or DirectTV source I take over and make all the proper selections for running AV theough the 103D and 4520.

So far so good. ;-)

Picking up some KEF X300A self powered speakers to run instead of the built in speakers to give them a more audial experience without the fuss.
post #10804 of 10804 Unread Today, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
I have my 103D and 4520 on the left side of my entertainment center with a
ViewHD Prosumer Ultra HD HDMI True Matrix 4X2 Switcher (VHD-PRO4X2) and then have my DirectTV and Sony 5200 BR player on the right side.

I instructed the family to only use the right side for non critical TV viewing and when I want to watch a movie or DirectTV source I take over and make all the proper selections for running AV theough the 103D and 4520.

So far so good. ;-)

Picking up some KEF X300A self powered speakers to run instead of the built in speakers to give them a more audial experience without the fuss.
Lol, you sound like me.

My wife and son only watch Comcast on it as it's set to passthru on the 4520. If we watch something else I take over too.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page