The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread - Page 384 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #11491 of 11497 Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1951 Post(s)
Liked: 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post
audyssey set my lcr's as full range, the sides with crossover at 80.

After a while i have set the bass managenet to mains+lfe, primarily and boosting the subs with about 3-4db.
Center adjusted to small, all crossovers now at 80.

The added bonus of this is for stereo content (music, tv etc) I honestly don't prefer using subs with this setting I can get full range from the mains and leave the subs off in audio settings, but for surround sound I get the meatier bass line with just the amount of punch I want
I understand where you are coming from. I miss the capability that I had on my 4311. I could have a completely different configuration for Stereo vs. Multi-Channel. It is convenient to be able to have different settings at the touch of a button. Unfortunately, Denon removed this capability from newer models starting with the 4520 generation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11492 of 11497 Old Today, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Fellas, I'm looking for some help. I just purchased a 4520 and I put hooked it up yesterday afternoon. It's a very nice avr and functionally everything works well with one exception. When I was watching netflix last night (on my ps3), everything I tried had split second audio dropouts every 5-10 seconds or so.

The reason I'm posting in this thread is because the denon is the only thing I've changed recently and I've never had this problem. I did not have this problem on discs or usb playback. I performed a firmware update on the denon last night and checked netflix this morning but the problem persists. Have any users reported something like this?
post #11493 of 11497 Old Today, 07:22 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmryan821 View Post
Fellas, I'm looking for some help. I just purchased a 4520 and I put hooked it up yesterday afternoon. It's a very nice avr and functionally everything works well with one exception. When I was watching netflix last night (on my ps3), everything I tried had split second audio dropouts every 5-10 seconds or so.

The reason I'm posting in this thread is because the denon is the only thing I've changed recently and I've never had this problem. I did not have this problem on discs or usb playback. I performed a firmware update on the denon last night and checked netflix this morning but the problem persists. Have any users reported something like this?

I haven't had the problem. But, if I had the issue, I would:
1) Try another cable from PS3 to 4520; 2)HDMI direct from PS3 to display. If you have the same dropouts, it's obviously your ps3 or internet. If you don't have the dropouts; 3) try another HDMI input on the 4520.
post #11494 of 11497 Old Today, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb View Post
I haven't had the problem. But, if I had the issue, I would:
1) Try another cable from PS3 to 4520; 2)HDMI direct from PS3 to display. If you have the same dropouts, it's obviously your ps3 or internet. If you don't have the dropouts; 3) try another HDMI input on the 4520.
Thank you. I'll give those a try today.
post #11495 of 11497 Old Today, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:

I'm wondering what kind of output the Sony is passing, is it bitstream or something else? Is the Denon or Sony doing the audio processing?
post #11496 of 11497 Old Today, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio4life View Post
I'm wondering what kind of output the Sony is passing, is it bitstream or something else? Is the Denon or Sony doing the audio processing?
Last I checked, the ps3 sends everything out as pcm. You don't have a choice with that. After all, it's gonna be 7 years old this year. Jeez lol. I'm getting old.
post #11497 of 11497 Old Today, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Last I checked, the ps3 sends everything out as pcm. You don't have a choice with that. After all, it's gonna be 7 years old this year. Jeez lol. I'm getting old.
That would depend on whether you have a slim PS3 or not to an extent. My PS3 has no Netflix audio issues when I had a functional 4520 (and will again), but I can use mine either way as bitstream or lpcm.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 4520ci by PriceGrabber.com