The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread - Page 385 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #11521 of 11524 Unread Today, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1962 Post(s)
Liked: 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post

I think its safe to say that HDMI on a Denon 4520 is notoriously quirky
I think you may have made a mistake in your post. Perhaps you meant to say, "I think its safe to say that HDMI on a Denon 4520 is notoriously quirky for me".

Or perhaps you meant to say, "I think its safe to say that HDMI in general is notoriously quirky".

If you have been following this thread since Day 1, you would see that the 4520 has no more HDMI issues than any other AVR make/model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11522 of 11524 Unread Today, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 853 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
I think you may have made a mistake in your post. Perhaps you meant to say, "I think its safe to say that HDMI on a Denon 4520 is notoriously quirky for me".

Or perhaps you meant to say, "I think its safe to say that HDMI in general is notoriously quirky".

If you have been following this thread since Day 1, you would see that the 4520 has no more HDMI issues than any other AVR make/model.

no I didn't make a mistake

of the 20 or so AVR's I have owned in the last 5-7 years...the 4520 is the only one that has given me the myriad of issues with wonky HDMI hand shake issues

Experiences that are mirrored with what others have described in this thread

While HDMI could be quirky...especially in the early days of implementation...99% of those issues are no longer there and can many times be simply solved by turning HDMI control "off"

That is not the case with the 4520..and again mirrors issues being described here by others.
Even in cases of older( and in some cases more expensive pieces than the 4520) units I had no such issues

I have been following this thread for more than a year...as I have of the other manufacturers of AVR's and pre/pros that I either owned or was interested in buying

I would disagree with you on the frequency of reported HDMI handshake issues in those threads vs this one

but again...just my experience and the reading of others

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Marantz 8801 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Denon 4520 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Pioneer SC37 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Pioneer SC77 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #11523 of 11524 Unread Today, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
I for one was not impressed with Panurgy's service...but I wont go into that page long ordeal
as for the BB service plan
I have been lucky probably because they knew I was a regular customer at a particular store

if you read the fine print
They are not obligated to give you anything more..value wise...than what you had invested

However...as I said before I have been lucky
I once bought an Onkyo receiver for 65% off retail at Magnolia..it failed a couple of times(HDMI board)
On the third attempt they gave me full MSRP back in store credit towards another AVR....so $700 extra in my favor that I didn't spend in the first place

However...don't count on that as the black and white on the agreement specifies what their obligation is

Warren
Thanks Warren, I really did know what the black & white was but I was hoping for more stories like yours that they matched the MSRP. Thanks for the reply - I don't have my hopes up but hopefully they will get a replacement board.But I'm grateful for the Panurgy feedback also.
post #11524 of 11524 Unread Today, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Just so I'm clear - you have your sub connected to Sub1 and the DefTech subs y-split out from Sub2, correct?

If so, this is the best way you could do it - treating both DefTech "subs"* as one. *Although an 8" driver can barely be called a subwoofer.

If I was you, I'd just hook up the mains as full range and forget about trying to use the DefTech "subs" as subs.
Alan, do you think there is any benefit of running the L/R pre-outs to the "LFE" of the Def Techs?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 4520ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page