The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread - Page 394 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #11791 of 11796 Old Today, 07:04 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
Not sure I understand the concept of "stealing technology" when these are branded items from other countries
It's in reference to knock offs of products, among other things. There have been lots of cases where the factory that makes product A for company XYZ will make product B for company ABC and the 2 products are pretty much identical other than the name stamped on the front panel - that doesn't happen by mistake. Land Rover is currently in the process of suing a Chinese company for making a knock-off of the Range Rover Evoque that looks pretty much identical and was launched on the same day. One could probably spend a number of days coming up with long lists of examples. The problem is largely that the Chinese government has no respect for things like copyrights.
chi_guy50 and Matt2026 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11792 of 11796 Old Today, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 898 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
It's in reference to knock offs of products, among other things. There have been lots of cases where the factory that makes product A for company XYZ will make product B for company ABC and the 2 products are pretty much identical other than the name stamped on the front panel - that doesn't happen by mistake. Land Rover is currently in the process of suing a Chinese company for making a knock-off of the Range Rover Evoque that looks pretty much identical and was launched on the same day. One could probably spend a number of days coming up with long lists of examples. The problem is largely that the Chinese government has no respect for things like copyrights.
in the context of electronics..and even bringing to to the level of this thread..do you know of any counterfeit cases where D&M( or even their the other Asian A/V manufacturers who do 99% of their manufacturing there) is involved?
I dont know the specifics you mention of the Range Rover situation...though in the context of the current discussion...was Range Rover manufacturing cars there?

While I understand your point/stance and can understand when people say they want A/V built in North America

In the context of the Asians..its clearly a $$ thing and D&M is not lighting the world on fire with their financials now...like Pioneer was not

So..if anything I see more "Chinese" invasion
I dont think 99.9% of the market cares

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Marantz 8801 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Denon 4520 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Pioneer SC37 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Pioneer SC77 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #11793 of 11796 Old Today, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
interesting
if you use that idea as your litmus test for buying, your selections would have to be extremely impacted in regard to electronics...
Not sure I understand the concept of "stealing technology" when these are branded items from other countries

Warren
Yes my selections would be extremely impacted. That is why you'll notice I said, "When I can avoid it." I do own several items made in China. But I suppose this topic is more suited to some other thread on some other forum.
post #11794 of 11796 Unread Today, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I use this receiver as my HDMI switcher. With my PC, I am no longer able to use GPU Scaling on my Nvidia graphics card, and I can only assume the Denon is the culprit since it used to work with my previous switcher. Has anyone gotten this to work or does anyone have a fix?
post #11795 of 11796 Unread Today, 04:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1286 Post(s)
Liked: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
My wife says I'm losing my hearing - from too loud movie sound tracks in our theater. Of course, if true, that will only mean I will need to crank action movies even louder !
It's a vicious cycle ( but fun ) !

With most Blu Ray movies in my room the way it is currently calibrated, I use a setting around -5. And I too have my subs cranked up a bit from the calibrated setting. Sounds like tanks are really rolling through my theater watching Fury !!

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #11796 of 11796 Unread Today, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
My wife says I'm losing my hearing - from too loud movie sound tracks in our theater. Of course, if true, that will only mean I will need to crank action movies even louder !
It's a vicious cycle ( but fun ) !

With most Blu Ray movies in my room the way it is currently calibrated, I use a setting around -5. And I too have my subs cranked up a bit from the calibrated setting. Sounds like tanks are really rolling through my theater watching Fury !!
Fury was awesome. I can't wait to build a dedicated sealed space. Because I'm in a open living room it is so hard to get that impact and pressurized feeling. I have my 2 martycubes 2 infinity near field 12's, and now my 4 bass shakers. Between all that it really make me smile but a lot is wasted trying to pressurize the whole house.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 4520ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page