The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread - Page 398 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #11911 of 11920 Old Today, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxker View Post
in the theater is a 400 disc blue-ray player and my idea was to have access to the player not only in the theater but also in the living room. So I connected the Denon's third hdmi out up to the Onkyo in the living room. I get video but no sound did I miss something in the setup?
Does know how to fix this issue?

"Man, you're like school on a Saturday.......No Class", Fat Abert-80's Saturday moring cartoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11912 of 11920 Unread Today, 05:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1344 Post(s)
Liked: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by youra6 View Post
I've never heard of New Leaf before, is it trustworthy?
No idea. But it was what A4L used and the price was decent.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #11913 of 11920 Unread Today, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
No idea. But it was what A4L used and the price was decent.
There is only 1 review online and it is not good. I think with regards to the confusion about AVR warranty, Denon is to be blamed. Amazon, has proved again and again that it goes to a length to support customer. Have never heard good stories from Denon and Onkyo.
I think manufacturer's are not stepping up, when someone is spending discretionary $1000+ you expects lot better response from Denon. Onkyo learned hard way by denying HDMI issue but finally had to give up. The warranty should be honored based on serial number and manufacturing date. As far as the equipment is not tinkered in any way (by having warranty seal), they should honor warranty.
Even companies like walmart, bestbuy, comcast who are notorious for bad CS, goes out of way to help customers, I have numerous anecdotal evidence of that.
Even speaker. D direct sub companies are famous for pleasing customers, what is wrong with AVR manufacturer. If power supply goes bad, I can arguably blame power surge but if one of the speaker connector goes bad, manufacturer should own the problem.

As a community upon which these companies thrive (works both ways, innovation is not possible unless early adopters are ready to spend big money, and thanks for that), there should be atleast some dialog with Denon/Onkyo to convey above.

Last edited by practicalposts; Today at 07:35 AM.
post #11914 of 11920 Unread Today, 07:40 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by practicalposts View Post
There is only 1 review online and it is not good. I think with regards to the confusion about AVR warranty, Denon is to be blamed. Amazon, has proved again and again that it goes to a length to support customer. Have never heard good stories from Denone and Onkyo.
IMO, both Amazon and Denon are to blame for giving bad/conflicting info. Knowing that the Amazon Warehouse sale is not covered by Denon's warranty, I'd be leery of keeping it when Accessories4Less has refurbs available for the same price with a known warranty status. Given that Amazon gave bad info about the warranty, they should be on the hook to pay for the return shipping. Also keep in mind that if an appropriate credit card is used, the 1 year refurb warranty will be extended to 2 years without having to pay for an extended warranty. Even if Amazon would "make things right" if something goes wrong during the first year, they're not going to double the length of the warranty. And I don't think I would want to rely on a saved chat session as my insurance.
post #11915 of 11920 Unread Today, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Id def go AC4L.

65" VT50 / Oppo 103D
Denon 4520CI / Outlaw Model 7500
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
post #11916 of 11920 Unread Today, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Id def go AC4L.
^ I concur

Current 6.1 Set Up:
Sammy 60" LED - Denon 4520CI - Adcom GFA 555 - Fat PS3
Klipsch RF-62 - Klipsch RC-62 ll - Acoustech PL-200 Sub - Fluance AVBP2s
post #11917 of 11920 Unread Today, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
IMO, both Amazon and Denon are to blame for giving bad/conflicting info. Knowing that the Amazon Warehouse sale is not covered by Denon's warranty, I'd be leery of keeping it when Accessories4Less has refurbs available for the same price with a known warranty status. Given that Amazon gave bad info about the warranty, they should be on the hook to pay for the return shipping. Also keep in mind that if an appropriate credit card is used, the 1 year refurb warranty will be extended to 2 years without having to pay for an extended warranty. Even if Amazon would "make things right" if something goes wrong during the first year, they're not going to double the length of the warranty. And I don't think I would want to rely on a saved chat session as my insurance.
Yes, now that "cat is out of the bag" (amazon workflow is efficient, it ships items so quickly ), will probably let it come in, will connect it to my speakers. I still have 30 days to send it back. Though I have to fight with them for return shipping. Yes of course I have used AMEX.
post #11918 of 11920 Unread Today, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm setting up new 4520 and have a problem that is IT related, hoping someone can help. The unit is connected to Motorola Q1000 router with 50ft run of CAT6. It does a fine job playing internet radio, however I can not get the Denon to show as speakers on iTunes Airplay. I also have a dpAmp UPnP program and it does not show up on the network>media server list. I have also tried using WMP and it does not show as a media server and does not show Denon as an available option on the «play to» feature.

The music library is stored on a 2-year old Dell desk top running Windows 7. The Denon shows on the network, all of the file sharing settings that I can find are turned on.

On a related note, I have a Apple TV gen-2. It does show as speakers for Airplay, but I'm not able to access music library on computer.

Also,regarding compatible USB memory devices, looks like they must be configured to FAT 32 file format. Are there any USB HHD that use this format, or is it limited to thumb drives of 32 Gigs or smaller.
Thanks for your help.
post #11919 of 11920 Unread Today, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1875 Post(s)
Liked: 935
Quote:
The 4520 only has 2 HDMI outs. Do you mean the Zone 4 HDMI out??

If so, there are restrictions on what is output from that HDMI connector, see page 111 of the manual. I'm not that familiar with it so maybe someone else can help more.

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
post #11920 of 11920 Unread Today, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
I have a similar setup with 4520ci Zone 4 HDMI out going to another Denon (X3000). First I would make sure that you are using the Zone 4 out and not the "mirrored" output for the main zone. I expect if you are using the 2nd main zone output that would explain your problem a s I don't believe the 4520 passes on the Audio on either of those HDMI outs.

The expectation for those outputs (I think) is if you use a TV in the daytime it would go to Monitor 1 out so you could feed the TV audio back to the AVR, and say a screen would drop down in front of a TV for night time the Monitor 2 out would go to the projector. In both those cases the speakers and room stay the same.

The Zone 4 stuff, however, passes the entire signal to wherever you are sending it. You will need to switch to the zone 4 control on your remote in this case to select the input for your living room. It can be the same or different than your main zone. One thing to watch is if you go straight to your TV in the living room AND are watching the same source in both the HT and living room, your audio will be limited to the lowest common denominator (likely 2ch stereo) that your TV reports being able to accept. If you are going to your Onkyo you shouldn't have any issues.

Good Luck
Bill
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 4520ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page