The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread - Page 403 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #12061 of 12064 Old Today, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1191 Post(s)
Liked: 1569
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebtx View Post
I think they sent us the same 2 refurbs.
I think Denon's repair/fulfillment agency is the more likely culprit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12062 of 12064 Old Today, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
My second refurb from A4L crapped out after slightly more than 30 days (first I couldn't even get to finish setup). They offered a third refurb but instead I opted to pay for a new one and stop playing roulette. They could have made me do the warranty thing but they were cool but took the second refurb back and paid shipping. They don't control the refurb process but maybe they finally got tired with Denon's refurb program...I know I did.
I just received a refurbished unit from A4L that was DOA (no output from the speaker terminals or preamp outputs, front display would not illuminate). The merchandise request was approved yesterday, but I have yet to receive a shipping label from FedEx. Has anyone here experienced a similar delay? It may be a good idea to start a log that tracks the redistributed lemons from Denon.
post #12063 of 12064 Old Today, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1191 Post(s)
Liked: 1569
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahamler View Post
I just received a refurbished unit from A4L that was DOA (no output from the speaker terminals or preamp outputs, front display would not illuminate). The merchandise request was approved yesterday, but I have yet to receive a shipping label from FedEx. Has anyone here experienced a similar delay? It may be a good idea to start a log that tracks the redistributed lemons from Denon.
What time was it approved? Its only yesterday....believe mine came on the next working day but don't really remember nor do I think its a big deal to wait a day or two for them to set it up with Fedex....you'd need to do any tracking of units by s/n and get everyone to play to be of any use and that's not likely....YMMV
post #12064 of 12064 Old Today, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
What time was it approved? Its only yesterday....believe mine came on the next working day but don't really remember nor do I think its a big deal to wait a day or two for them to set it up with Fedex....you'd need to do any tracking of units by s/n and get everyone to play to be of any use and that's not likely....YMMV
Yesterday morning, I'm just a bit frustrated with the entire process. I would really like to avoid receiving another dud but A4L will not allow me to upgrade to a new unit without paying the initial and return shipping costs. To make matters worse, shipping between California and Florida is 5 days each way, not to mention the processing time once they receive the unit. I initially purchased the unit so I could dedicate my Marantz to 2 channel duty with my Parasound amp. I guess I'll have to dig out the old NAD 5 channel that's buried in storage.

1st world problems.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 4520ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page