The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread - Page 408 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #12211 of 12214 Unread Today, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by doognam View Post
That would be around 44 Celsius.

Can you put your ears close to the avr to determine whether or not the internal fans are running?

The avr may be cool because its internal fans operate prematurely. Fans operating at just 44 Celsius indicate a loose contact in the same board-to-board connector that's been the source of loose contacts that have caused a myriad of other symptoms.
With a 6 to 8 ohm speakers load a 4520CI doesn't get very hot for 5.0 setup typically. You assuming because the AVR is not getting hot that the fans are kicking in, never encountered that situation.

Oppo Beta Group
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12212 of 12214 Unread Today, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi my question is about Denon 4th Link on the 4311 and Denon HD Link on newer Blu-Ray players.

I know HD Link is not backwards compatible but would it be possible to connect a RJ-45 to Coax Balun converter to get it to work..

Has anyone tried this ?

Any help appreciated.
Thanx.
post #12213 of 12214 Unread Today, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
With a 6 to 8 ohm speakers load a 4520CI doesn't get very hot for 5.0 setup typically. You assuming because the AVR is not getting hot that the fans are kicking in, never encountered that situation.

I would not assume anything of that sort so I asked and if I may ask again for whoever is concerned to find out, one way or another, whether the fans are actually running.

Fact is, the internal fans should not activate until around 70 Celsius or 184 Fahrenheit (if my conversion is correct), unless there is a loose contact or short in the thermal sensing circuitry.

Last edited by doognam; Today at 06:47 PM. Reason: add "circuitry" to remove ambiguity
post #12214 of 12214 Unread Today, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 42
It's always fun to see these heat posts come up every few pages. I have all my equipment in a rack with about a 1" air gap on the top of the 4520, I have four 140mm fans in the back of the rack pulling air through, every component (including the 4520) is cool to the touch).
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 4520ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page