The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread - Page 414 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #12391 of 12393 Unread Today, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Despite researching the manual, im just not understanding this statement in post number 1...

- the 2CH Direct/Stereo custom settings can ONLY be used if you physically have a separate set of "B" dedicated 2CH speakers

Is this saying that I have to have a whole other set of front main speakers to listen to 2 channel pure direct music? Or 2 channel stereo? I hope I'm just stupid and not understanding this correctly...that would be an insane feature, or lack of...

I have my onkyo connected with 9.2 speakers and can easily switch to 2 channel direct, pure audio and stereo any time I want. this is the only way I prefer to listen to music, can someone please explain the above statement?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12392 of 12393 Unread Today, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1731 Post(s)
Liked: 1940
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechx View Post
Despite researching the manual, im just not understanding this statement in post number 1...

- the 2CH Direct/Stereo custom settings can ONLY be used if you physically have a separate set of "B" dedicated 2CH speakers

Is this saying that I have to have a whole other set of front main speakers to listen to 2 channel pure direct music? Or 2 channel stereo?
No -- pay attention to the words "custom settings" -- the entire noun phrase is the subject of that sentence

Of course you can listen in stereo/direct mode. You just can't access the separate custom settings bank that lets you configure 2ch differently than multich. This is noted in the beginning of the thread because it was a departure from previous high end Denons (and was actually reversed with the follow-up models like the newer X5200).

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #12393 of 12393 Unread Today, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
No -- pay attention to the words "custom settings" -- the entire noun phrase is the subject of that sentence

Of course you can listen in stereo/direct mode. You just can't access the separate custom settings bank that lets you configure 2ch differently than multich. This is noted in the beginning of the thread because it was a departure from previous high end Denons (and was actually reversed with the follow-up models like the newer X5200).
Whew! That's a relief, thank you! But I have to ask, if I want to listen to pure audio (unprocessed, untouched of any sorts) 2 channel direct why would I need any "custom" settings at all?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 4520ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page