The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread - Page 456 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 872Likes
post #13651 of 13651 Unread Today, 04:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
@HTNUT1975 : you wrote that you use Spotify via Airplay from iphone/ipad, and, if you launch it from let's say ipad, you can control it from iphone via Spotify connect, am I correct?

What about using Spotify from the PC, via spotify connect feature, does it detect your Denon?

Spotify connect is a pretty nice feature, I wouln't want to control spotify via remote control.. don't even know if it can be controlled via Denon's Android app?

I'm still choosing beetwen SR7009 and 4520CI for this reason - SR7009 doesn't have builtin Spotify client (so cannot control it from remote control), but has support for Spotify connect, which is much nicer, IMO.

Other option for me would be to buy 4520 + chromecast audio, to which the stream can be cast using Spotify connect...

Thanks in advance for any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13652 of 13651 Unread Today, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by fructal View Post
@HTNUT1975 : you wrote that you use Spotify via Airplay from iphone/ipad, and, if you launch it from let's say ipad, you can control it from iphone via Spotify connect, am I correct?

What about using Spotify from the PC, via spotify connect feature, does it detect your Denon?

Spotify connect is a pretty nice feature, I wouln't want to control spotify via remote control.. don't even know if it can be controlled via Denon's Android app?

I'm still choosing beetwen SR7009 and 4520CI for this reason - SR7009 doesn't have builtin Spotify client (so cannot control it from remote control), but has support for Spotify connect, which is much nicer, IMO.

Other option for me would be to buy 4520 + chromecast audio, to which the stream can be cast using Spotify connect...

Thanks in advance for any input!

Unfortunately it does not see my Denon's native Spotify. It would only see if my iPad or iPhone were connected via airplay. By the way, chromecast would be PERFECT. That would essentially get you what I get with airplay. Even if my Denon didn't have airplay, I would just use the apply tv, which is what I used to do. I just don't think that feature alone is a difference-maker. Another option would be to get something like a bluesound node 2, but then you're starting to add a lot of money into the picture. Chromecast would get you a very reliable way of doing what you want to do for cheap, and I really don't think the user experience would be any different than what I do with airplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver
Gear in this thread