The **OFFICIAL** DENON AVR-4520CI thread - Page 460 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2377Likes

post #13771 of 13775 Old Today, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Ensure the "Graphic EQ" is set to OFF, otherwise Audyssey cannot be set to ON as long as it has be run and saved.
If I understand you correctly, set the "MultEQ XT32" menu to "Off"? Then, run Audyssey setup again?

Why are the Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume, Audyssey LFC, & Audyssey DSX menus blank then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13772 of 13775 Old Today, 05:35 AM

Quote:
"Graphic EQ" is not "MultEQ XT32". Audyssey cannot be enabled if Graphic EQ is set to ON, therefore, set "Graphic EQ" to OFF.
I understand that "MultiEQ XT32" should be set to "Off" (thus turning "Graphic EQ off").

But how do you restore the Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume, Audyssey LFC, & Audyssey DSX menus from being blanked out?
post #13773 of 13775 Old Today, 05:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 385 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15351 Post(s)
Liked: 7506
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbg View Post
I understand that "MultiEQ XT32" should be set to "Off" (thus turning "Graphic EQ off").

But how do you restore the Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume, Audyssey LFC, & Audyssey DSX menus from being blanked out?

If Audyssey has been run (and the speaker configuration has not been changed since it has been run), then if you cannot enable Audyssey either:
(a) If Audyssey has not been previously been run, then run Audyssey.
(b) If the speaker configuration was changed in Amp Assign after running Audyssey (eg. for testing), change it back to the original setting when Audyssey was run. If still not able to enable Audyssey, the settings have been lost, and Audyssey must be run again.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; Today at 06:16 AM.

post #13774 of 13775 Old Today, 05:52 AM

Quote:
One more time ....

Step 1. Set "Graphic EQ" to OFF.
Step 2. If Audyssey has been run (and the speaker configuration has not been changed since it has been run), then set Audyssey to ON. If Audyssey has not previously been run, run Audyssey.
OK ... I think we're talking about the same thing here. You can't actually turn "Graphic EQ" to "Off". It shows up as a menu selection under "MultEq XT32". Under this menu, there are only two choices that show up for me: "Off" and "Graphic EQ". I've selected "Off".

I will run Audyssey again this evening.

Once Audyssey is run and speakers are calibrated, will that restore the Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume, Audyssey LFC, & Audyssey DSX menus from being blanked out?

Thank you for your patience, JDSmoothie!
post #13775 of 13775 Old Today, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 385 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15351 Post(s)
Liked: 7506
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbg View Post
OK ... I think we're talking about the same thing here. You can't actually turn "Graphic EQ" to "Off". It shows up as a menu selection under "MultEq XT32". Under this menu, there are only two choices that show up for me: "Off" and "Graphic EQ". I've selected "Off".

I will run Audyssey again this evening.

Once Audyssey is run and speakers are calibrated, will that restore the Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume, Audyssey LFC, & Audyssey DSX menus from being blanked out?

Thank you for your patience, JDSmoothie!
Actually .. apologies on my part as I haven't looked at the Audyssey menu on the 4520CI in ages which has since taken the Graphic EQ setting out of the Audyssey menu on more current models. So if Graphic EQ is selectable, that means either you have changed the configuration since it was last run or it needs to be run again for whatever reason (ie. settings have been lost), although first check under Audyssey Setup to see if you can RESTORE the previous settings if it has been run before. I'm going to edit my last few posts to avoid confusion.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; Today at 06:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page