Pioneer VSX-1127-K - Digital Coax Audio issues on a HDMI device - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-19-2012, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Pioneer VSX-1127-K and I have a media PC connected to it. My media PC has a bit of an older video card that has DVI so I have used a DVI-HDMI converter and connected it to the device. I am using a digital coax output to bring the sound to the unit because no audio is within that HDMI cable.

The problem is when I have the audio input set to Digital Coax 1 and the HDMI set to the correct HDMI input I see the computer but I get no Audio.
If I set the HDMI to an input that has no HDMI cable in it the TV will go blank and the audio will start playing.

It looks like the Pioneer thinks it can see some audio on the HDMI cable and then picks it as the source over the Digital Coax. I need to know how to tell the Pioneer to use the Coax and ignore audio that it thinks it can see from the HDMI cable.

Any thoughts?

Joe Dawson

P.S. I am aware a new video card that will do HDMI with audio would work. I am just asking if I can get the Pioneer to work with my existing configuration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-25-2013, 04:57 PM

I have a similar set up with my Pioneer receiver and had the same issue, after speaking with someone from Pioneer I was advised to set the audio setting to audio and that the receiver will automatically find the audio source. Once I made that adjustment it has worked everytime, on occasion it may take an extra second or two, but that seemed to solve the problem.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-25-2013, 05:01 PM

correction to my post, you need to set the audio setting to auto, not audio....sorry about that.
post #4 of 6 Old 11-01-2013, 05:21 PM

I apologize if resurrecting old threads is frowned upon, I tried looking for the forum rules but couldn't find them. I'm probably blind.

At any rate, I'm having this exact same issue, and unlike Andrew there, I have no "Auto" setting. I can't get analog (rca stereo) or digital (optical, haven't tried coax) audio through the receiver when the input is set to hdmi, even if I set the audio input to OPT-1, OPT-2, or "Assign Off".

If I switch to any other video input type, I can get audio through both rca stereo, and optical.

anyone have a hint? Or know what's going on?
post #5 of 6 Old 11-01-2013, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasu View Post

anyone have a hint? Or know what's going on?

Hi Tomasu, on the remote press "Receiver" and then press "Signal Sel" button a few times to cyle it to "Digital".
Tomasu likes this.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-01-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi Tomasu, on the remote press "Receiver" and then press "Signal Sel" button a few times to cyle it to "Digital".

Thank you! That worked great!

I looked through the menus for such options, and didn't find that. I wonder why it's not there. Or at least why it doesn't prioritize your manual audio selection over any kind of auto selection.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page