HT-RC260 on-board display screen is showing Listening Mode for some reason? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-23-2012, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi... Every now and then, if I don't use my Xbox for a long time, or the power flickers, whatever, my receiver will stop sending video to my TV, so I unplug it for a few seconds, then plug it back in. Seems to be the only fix. Doesn't happen but 1-2 times a year, so it doesn't bother me. ANYWAY... Since the last time this happened, the little green-text display on the receiver itself has said the channel/mode that it's on, and then the Listening Mode that it's in. What is causing this?

Example:
When I'm playing a game from the Xbox, it says something like,

"Game RPG-Action", where 'Game' is the mode, and 'RPG-Action' is the Listening Mode.

It used to display what I specifically named that channel, and the current volume setting (e.g. "Xbox360 ........ 40"), where Xbox360 is what I named "Game" in the settings.

So... why is the receiver suddenly displaying something different from what it always has, and how do I change it back? Help?

If it helps, I know that it hasn't forgotten what I named each mode because when i switch between them (e.g., from TV to Game), it briefly says "Xbox360" when it changes. Then goes to "Game RPG-Action" and no volume display. =\
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-23-2012, 04:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Press the DISPLAY button (top right) on your remote or on the front of the receiver. It cycles thru 4 different options.

1. Input source and volume
2. Signal format and sampling frequency
3. Input and Output resolution
4. Input source and listening mode

This was actually an easy one. Page 20 of your manual. If you no longer have the manual you can download it here.
http://filedepot.onkyousa.com/Files/own_manuals/SN29400276_HT-RC260_En_web.pdf?CFID=1549324&CFTOKEN=23803101&jsessionid=f03036cf772ba2fe863f641b7833f4024969

Afro GT
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Onkyo Ht Rc260 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver Black
Gear in this thread - Rc260 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page