Setting up Zone 2 on Dennon 3312 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-23-2012, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi!

I have bought a Denon AVR 3312 and Bose Aqoustimas 10 System recently (yet to be delivered). Have been reading some online forums and it did not take me too long to realise how little I know about this field. Being a complete novice in this area, looking for some advice on how to set things up.

Before I start my questions, let me mention what equipments I have - LG DVD player, LG HD STB and Satellite Dish Receiver.

1. I understand I need to connect LG DVD Player, LG HD STB and Satellite Dish Receiver to the AVR and then connect the AVR to the LCD TV using a HDMI cable. Both my DVD player and Satellite Dish Receiver do not have HDMI connection. Can I use Component or other connections to connect with AVR?

2. I want to use the 2nd Zone function on my AVR to play music on the backyard deck. I am looking at running speaker wires directly from the AVR to a pair of Studio Acoustics SA360a 165 mm ceiling mounted speakers on the porch. Is that the way to do it? Do I need anything else (like a separate AMP) to play music on the deck area?

3. Does Denon 3312 support more than 2 zones? If it does, do I follow the same process to set up the 3rd zone?

4. I want to play music from my computer on Denon 3312 using the ethernet connection. I read on an online forum suggesting using a NETGEAR WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter. Is that the simplest way to do that?

5. What additional equipment I need to buy to watch/listen online content (Youtube etc) on this system? Currently I am connecting my laptop direct to TV and watch online content using the WiFi. I have a 2Wire Gateway Router (it has 4 ethernet ports).

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page