Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 421 Old 03-12-2013, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post

Same thing has happened to me, but only once. Was marathoning LOTR while sick and thought maybe it was a heat issue...but felt top of unit and it was just warm, at most. Like you, non-moving set up, good clean hook ups. Mine also just turned itself back on and went right on chugging. So, no solution here, but you aren't the only one.

Someone is hiding behind the curtains with a duplicate remote......tongue.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 421 Old 03-13-2013, 08:25 PM

Liked: 10
Quick question. How do you get AirPlay to work? I use the music app on my phone and don't see a selection for the receiver. Only iPhone and google tv. I launch iTunes on my PC and don't see an option to stream to the receiver. Just iTunes and google tv again. I don't need to have Apple TV hooked up to it do I? The manual is very vague about how the steaming is to function. Thanks.

One other question. Tried updating firmware to 1.059 from 1.053. I have downloaded the file, unzipped it, placed it on 2 different usb drives, plugged them into the front USB port, gone into the network menu, goto firmware update, and click start and it says "file not found". Any ideas??? Please? The light is on on the Jump drive, so I know it plugged in and getting power.
post #273 of 421 Old 03-14-2013, 12:15 PM

Liked: 11
Your flash drive has the wrong file format. See a previous post the identifies the proper file format ( there are two common ones).
post #274 of 421 Old 03-14-2013, 04:41 PM

I read that. But it was formatted to fat32 already. So I formatted 3 different sizes and types all to fat32. 8 gb lexar worked. Still can't get airplay to show up on iTunes or my iPhone. Unplugged receiver and tried that. Still no dice. I have an app, imediashare that shows the receiver but Id like to just use the native music app.
post #275 of 421 Old 03-15-2013, 03:41 AM

I am trying the firmware update from 1.050 to 1.059. I have tried 3 flash drives and 3 different formats (fat16,fat32,extfat) . With fat32 the receiver will read the file and start the update but it just keeps flashing update. I left it on overnight and still it is flashing update. This is so frustrating.
post #276 of 421 Old 03-15-2013, 05:59 AM

I finally got my receiver to upgrade. This is the order that I got it to work in.

1. unplug receiver
  2. unplug network cable
  3. plug usb flash drive (fat32) in
  4. plug in receiver and wait for the pls wait to go away
  5. do update

I am not sure why it was not working before but I used the same flash that had failed earlier so its not the flash drive. My guess is the usb has to be in when you power on the unit but then again it could just be luck that it worked this time. Hope this helps someone. Let me know if it does.

P.S. my unit is the 822-k. I have to say this unit is really not user friendly at all but in its defense I am not sure a receiver is suppose to be. What really made me laugh though was when I used airplay to stream slacker audio to the receiver and on the tv screen came the worst font I have ever seen. Its almost like the 80's VCR white font and then next to this was an clear sharp image of the album.
post #277 of 421 Old 03-20-2013, 10:00 AM

I have the VSX-1326 powering my HT. I love the air play and use icontrol AV2 app on my ipod touch. I want to get a VSX-1022 for my living room and would like to control this receiver with the same icontrol app. Would this be possible to do?
post #278 of 421 Old 03-21-2013, 12:29 PM

If you go to the apple store, in the description it says what models are supported oddly the 1022 is missing but it does say the VSX-1021-K is supported.
post #279 of 421 Old 03-23-2013, 03:20 PM

It's been a while since I posted on this forum. I just wanted to thank you all for this thread. After a recent move I was quite disappointed to find out my sub pre-out on my elite vsx01-thx stopped working. I needed a replacement and I was on a budget and a time crunch. I found a really nice price on this unit, but had no clue what I was getting myself into, so I decided to check AVS first. After reading this thread through a couple times, I pulled the trigger.

I received the receiver one day after ordering it this was a great surprise). Thanks to this thread I was able to have everything working, updated to the latest firmware and working great that same day.I am using pandora and loving the way it works, and it has everything I need and more. I am planning on putting some speakers on the deck and in the living room and putting them on the "B" channel for get togethers. I must say that so far I am quite happy with this unit, and I didn't have to suffer through the frustration some have purely because they were pointed out, with their fixes, right here on this thread.

So... THANKS! smile.gif
post #280 of 421 Old 03-26-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post

Someone is hiding behind the curtains with a duplicate remote......tongue.gif

Ha! sure was worrisome for a minute but hasn't happened since. I did check to make sure I wasn't "butt-dialing" my own remote!!!
post #281 of 421 Old 03-27-2013, 01:49 AM

Hello,

Can it play popular Audio and Video formats via USB (USB Plug and Play ) ?

Thanks
post #282 of 421 Old 03-27-2013, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote: I have the VSX-1326 powering my HT. I love the air play and use icontrol AV2 app on my ipod touch. I want to get a VSX-1022 for my living room and would like to control this receiver with the same icontrol app. Would this be possible to do?

No, the 1022 is only controlled by the original iControl app (and it is lacking in some significant control features; don't expect Pioneer to upgrade, they've moved on obviously). Even some of the greta third party apps can't control the 1022 with more features exposed. Nice unit but just don't expect to see the same level of control form the app.

anjenaire

"Conservation, it's worth the energy"
post #283 of 421 Old 03-27-2013, 11:11 AM

i have this pioneer vsx 1022k av receiver had it for 5 months now and am ready to throw it in the river! my problem is simple connect a computer to it so i can work and hear sound nothing else required or wanted. no tv no DVD no online network no Pandora nothing but computer period. the computer is 8 core amd the video card is ati 7770 its 1 week old because i codent get my old computer to connect so i bought new. i have 2 option to connect one is ati video card hdmi connection the other is realteck on board sound pdif optical connection. i get video threw dvi connectors or hdmi connectors no problem. but sound not a peep i have worked threw every sound option possible on the receiver and the computer that's drivers different cable connections everything including win8 system settings. spent hrs trolling web sites , you tube. forums ect. i am not a newbie i have done this stuff before and often. it is as if sound is separated from video input and sound input and cannot be combined on the receiver help would be appreciated but please not suggestions just a solid answer that works
post #284 of 421 Old 03-27-2013, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevs headache View Post

i have this pioneer vsx 1022k av receiver had it for 5 months now and am ready to throw it in the river! my problem is simple connect a computer to it so i can work and hear sound nothing else required or wanted. no tv no DVD no online network no Pandora nothing but computer period. the computer is 8 core amd the video card is ati 7770 its 1 week old because i codent get my old computer to connect so i bought new. i have 2 option to connect one is ati video card hdmi connection the other is realteck on board sound pdif optical connection. i get video threw dvi connectors or hdmi connectors no problem. but sound not a peep i have worked threw every sound option possible on the receiver and the computer that's drivers different cable connections everything including win8 system settings. spent hrs trolling web sites , you tube. forums ect. i am not a newbie i have done this stuff before and often. it is as if sound is separated from video input and sound input and cannot be combined on the receiver help would be appreciated but please not suggestions just a solid answer that works

Not 100% sure what you are trying to accomplish (punctuation is your friend). If i read your post correctly, you want the receiver to have as it's input your PC, correct? You want that PC to send it's sound to the receiver. It may well be a Windows issue. Several years ago, Microsoft and the audio card manufacturers quietly got rid of the ability to send the sound out of the PC. Apparently folks were able to make perfect copies of music without paying royalties. Imagine. While I don't have solid answers for you without seeing your setup and trying a few things, i might suggest two avenues to explore. (1) a USB sound card with a digital output that would be fed via SPDIF to your receiver's TV input. The settings on the receiver may take some finagling (see some of my other posts in this thread) but it does work as an Apple TV device into the optical will send sound to the unit (I guess that is another route if you are using iTunes as your audio source -- but I am guessing you aren't using that since the receiver has Airplay native), (2) use a device like the Monoprice 4X1 HDMI® Switcher w/ Toslink & Digital Coaxial Port t (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5557&seq=1&format=2 item 5557). This would take your HDMI off your existing sound card and then you would feed the receiver from it with a toslink or coax cable (toslink into the TV input and coax into the CD -- again see my previous posts). If that doesn't work it may again be traced back to a Windows 8 issue. I had problems with the HDMI sound after a recent update. My Windows 8 PC sends its signals (Video & Audio) to a small 24 inch TV/monitor. The sound wouldn't work and I had to re-install the ATI drivers. Now it is working fine (in fact I have multiple inputs into the TY through the Monoprice HDMI switch and I sometimes have to switch inputs back to the PC as it seems to forget the audio signal after walk up etc.). Again, it seems to me the issue lies with Windows 8 and the HDMI signal and not the receiver. Hope that helps a little bit. i certainly know the frustration that is this unit.

I think your best bet is to go with the SPDIF (toslink) output. Make sure that is working within the Windwo 8 machine and make sure it is default. Feed that to the CD input and make sure something is playing. Then switch input on the receiver to CD and make sure that "digital" is appearing on the front face. If still no sound it is more than likely a driver issue with the Windows 8 machine.

anjenaire

"Conservation, it's worth the energy"
post #285 of 421 Old 03-29-2013, 10:09 AM

I think it is a driver issue for your video card.

See this thread:

http://www.sapphireforum.com/showthread.php?29348-HD-7770-hdmi-audio-not-working/page2
post #286 of 421 Old 04-01-2013, 09:40 AM

I bought a 1022 from hh gregg last week for $249 to replace my old Kenwood VR-409.

Aside from barely enough analog inputs to get me by, I really am pleased with the Pioneer so far.

Only one problem during installation. I had to try 3 different HDMI cables before I found one that worked between my DirecTV receiver and the 1022. I used identical cables on my Sony BluRay player to start with, and it had no problem reaching the Pioneer. I had to try a couple other cables on the DirecTV receiver though before I had success.
post #287 of 421 Old 04-03-2013, 12:42 PM

Okay after finally finishing setting up everything perfectly I was overjoyed that I got it all to work! Then there was only one problem left, Airplay. I realized my network cable wasn't plugged in so I got that back in and started playing music off my iPhone. Now I cant select Advanced Surround anymore. It just keeps saying "CANT SEL". What happened? I've been messing around with it for two hours now and it won't let me do a factory reset to try and fix it. I go to NETRADIO and when I hit home I get the same message "CANT SEL". Can anyone help me with this issue?
post #288 of 421 Old 04-04-2013, 07:48 AM

Two things I can think of:

1.) did you update the firmware?

2.) do you have one setting that overides the other. Like maybe the auto/direct option?
post #289 of 421 Old 04-04-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose78 View Post

Two things I can think of:

1.) did you update the firmware?

2.) do you have one setting that overides the other. Like maybe the auto/direct option?

It does not let me update firmware due to me not having a display with a HDMI plugin.

I've tried to change every setting I could possibly think of. If I click Auto/direct then it turns off ALC surround, but no combination seems to let me be able to change Advanced Surround.

I have noticed one thing though, I am able to select Advanced Surround before it detects that the connection is HDMI, but as soon as it does it disables it.
post #290 of 421 Old 04-05-2013, 06:37 AM

So, just realized that I can set up this remote to control my other components that are connected... Got my Sony BR player to work no problem, can't get my Hitachi tv to work, it's a projection, circa 2004 though, maybe this is the issue. But also cannot get my Bell Expressvu PVR receiver to work, with the codes listed for it, or even the Dishnet ones... It's only a year old, should work, anyone have any ideas of codes to try. The manual mentions teaching the remote, but I cannot find where or how to do this, also, is there a way to just scan through codes, until one works?
My earlier problem with Airplay has been rectified, I got it working once I ran a direct Lan cable, instead of wifi... Still learning lots, but I have a while to get it all under my belt!
Any canadians here running US dns, and if so, able to get Pandora to work? I was able to enter the US DNS settings, but Pandora just tries loading, instead of saying that its not available in my country!

Any and all help, as always is truly appreciated!
post #291 of 421 Old 04-05-2013, 08:30 AM

Hi All, is anyone having any audio sync issues with optical? I am using a LG 47LD630 TV which does not have ARC. I've used hdmi to the receiver, and an optical audio out from the tv to the receiver. When watching OTA TV, I'm finding the audio appears to be out of sync. I have tried the A.DLY feature with no success. Also tried the S.Delay and tried to manually adjust, which seems to delay the audio I believe. I'm wondering if it is actually the audio is already delayed, as this feature does not seem to work. Maybe the optical is too slow for the HDMI? Are there any tv features that I should adjust? I turned the audio out off on the tv, so everything would play through the receiver.
post #292 of 421 Old 04-08-2013, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I use optical for the Sony BD player. (BD is connected to the AVR's "SAT/CBL" HDMI port) Also using optical for the TV audio output. No sync issues with either.
post #293 of 421 Old 04-09-2013, 05:00 AM

I am using optical for my Directv input. No problems here.

As a side note, I did have lip sync issues with Directv and my old Kenwood VR-409 receiver.
post #294 of 421 Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 AM

I'm using it on the TV out, which is where I have the issue. Is it possible it could be the cable or cable length?
post #295 of 421 Old 04-11-2013, 11:16 PM

Just dropping by for anyone wondering about this receiver. My Onkyo died after a decent 4 years of use. I couldn't live without surround for very long but I was on a budget and this instantly pinged on my radar. Onkyo's are known for their heat and this Pioneer is ice in comparison. I wanted to flex it out of the box and demo'd the 7.1 Rambo bluray. This is just one guy's opinion of the product, but I am so stoked with the meaty sounds that come out of this bad boy. I was worried about the quality for being a "budget receiver" but it sounds nothing but crystal clear and my first impression of this thing is quite good.

I'll mess with the apps and networking someday, but for watching movies I couldn't ask for anything more, especially for the price.
post #296 of 421 Old 04-12-2013, 02:56 PM

I recently purchased the 1022 on deep discount, and I'm having trouble getting sound out of all of my speakers. Inputs all connected via HDMI: Cable Box (Motorola RNG-200); Apple TV (3d gen); and PS3. My speakers aren't that great, but I have: JBL Control Ones on the front; Polk CS10 center; and Polk PSW10 sub. Samsung HDTV connected through HDMI. I can't seem to pick the right setting to get sound out of all speakers. I tried running the MCCAC

I'm hardly an audiophile, but I'm somewhat tech savvy.
post #297 of 421 Old 04-13-2013, 06:02 AM

Overall, I have been very happy with this receiver since I purchased it at Christmas time. I still have a lot to learn about it, but I am really enjoying the sound from this unit. I was especially blown away a couple of weeks ago when I saw a re-release of Jurassic Park remastered in 7.1 surround sound, I had to purchase it. If you really want to put your unit to the test, I recommend this movie. Also, the Star Wars movies sound great. Does anybody have any other suggestions that sound great on this unit?
post #298 of 421 Old 04-13-2013, 11:31 AM

Anyone with help suggestions for programming the remote for other components? The manual mentions a learning mode. Any ideas how that works?
post #299 of 421 Old 04-15-2013, 10:28 AM

Well I called LG customer service. That seemed useless, they claim it must be on the receiver end. I also tried turning the TV speakers on and playing through the receiver at the same time. It seems like it is a delay into the receiver to me, as when I adjust the S.Delay setting it just gets worse. Any ideas? I'll contact Pioneer next.
post #300 of 421 Old 04-15-2013, 12:00 PM

Pioneer was much more helpfull, but no solution. They recommended trying the optical into something else to further troubleshoot, and using RCA's in place of optical to see if that will be out of sync. They pointed to the TV causing a delay.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1022 K 560w 7 Channel A V Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page