The "Official" Pioneer VSX-1022-K Owner's Thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-16-2013, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have VSX-42 (which is practically the same receiver as VSX-1022) for about 4 months and so far I am happy but I just came across one problem; hopefully someone here can help me out.

When I connect USB drive to the receiver; it recognize it and shows the list of MP3 and folders but I can't select any files or folders and play it. I select iPod/USB button on my remote and then try playing or arrow button to go up/down to select files/folders but nothing seems to work. I tried changing battery but didn't help either.

Any idea? I can take it to authorized dealer but it's almost 35 miles and of course, I have to disconnect everything. So I would like to avoid it, if I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 08:14 PM

HELP!!! I cannot get any video inputed from my cable box via composite cable to output through my pioneer1022 to my projector via hdmi. I have went though every setting imaginable so I must be missing something. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. I changed the upconvert to off but still nothing. I walked away for a few minutes and surprising it was playing then I switched the up-convert to a different setting and now still cant get anything. I have this unit for about a month and half... does it sound defective? A little more information - my pioneer menu screen projects just fine. I just can't get the video.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:17 AM

A little more information - My PS3(hdmi) plays fine through the AVR to the hd66. I called Pioneer and the rep said it was probably the video converter not working properly. I am hopeful the unit isn't a lemon and it is something else. Thoughts?????
Old 04-23-2013, 06:52 AM

Hi,

I need help and I'm not sure where is best to post this. It's about the general set up with this receiver, this is the firs receiver I've ever owned so I'm a newbie at this. I need a solution for playing video on the TV from my ipad - I assume this is possible through the receiver in some way? When I connect the iPad to the receiver, all I can see on the tv is the menu for the iPad and nothing else. I may be wrong and this may not be possible, does anyone know?

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:57 AM

Just as an addition to my previous post, I also have an Apple TV first generation, can. Connect that to the receiver and play videos through the tv? Also, I can't get the sound from the TV to come out through my speakers, even though both the TV and receiver support the ARC and I have the correct HDMI cable and tried every HDMI slot on the TV, has anyone had success with this or do I have to get an optical cable?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:08 PM

Video isn't passed through from iPad - this appears to be the way it works, making the functionality only beneficial for playing music from your Apple devices. I have a 2nd gen Apple TV connected to the receiver, and I Airplay from my iPad or iPhone to the Apple TV, which works well.

As far as your issue with the sound, I have a Sharp 52LE640 TV, and only the first HDMI port is marked with ARC support. I bought new HDMI cables that I knew were fully compliant with both the TV and receiver. Prior to getting them, I used the optical output into the receiver - problem is that the 52LE640 doesn't pass any surround sound info from HDMI out to the optical.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:52 PM

Thanks, looks like I probably need the new Apple TV then as the old one doesn't have airplay.

I have the correct cable and have tried all ports. I have a Vizio e601i-a3.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 AM

I just got a VSX 1022-k, and I like it a lot. Just found this forum doing a google search for some issues I had setting it up.

I installed the latest firmware update, and everything seems to work well; however, I can't figure out how to get the SiriusXm internet subscription I have to stream through the receiver.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

thanks
Old 04-30-2013, 04:28 PM

Hey guys I've had this thing for about 6months but its just been sitting there. It's still in demo mode. I can't figure this thing out. Last time I am buying pioneer. This thing is like android hyundai garbage holy cow what a beast. Very user unfriendly and loser friendly. you have to have 800 hours to play with this thing. It's like 800 lb lady w AIDS, i can't figure it out. It's like Hetero Jason Collins, doesn't make sense. Somebody help me please.

I am using this thing ONLY for iPod music listening only pushing 7 speakers for three small rooms(2 speakers in one room, 3 speakers in one room, 2 speakers in one room). How do I do this Mcacc crap with my set up? So do you have to connect hdmi to TV and connect 7 speakers to even update firmware and mess around with it?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:27 PM

I'm just getting everything set up and configured with my new 1022-k and I ran into a minor issue.

Is it possible to do ARC and Standby Pass through at the same time? I would like to use the TV's amazon app to stream prime movies but with out arc this isn't going to work. I need standby pass through in order to pass the Dish network HDMI audio through when we don't want to use the amp. Any suggestions?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 34
The pass thru will work with any input. And you can switch inputs while the receivers iff
Old 05-03-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculon68 View Post

The pass thru will work with any input. And you can switch inputs while the receivers iff

But it only works if it is turned on in the receivers settings. If you turn on standby pass through the option for ARC(Audio Return) goes blank. As far as I can tell there is no way to use them both.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1225 View Post

Hey guys I've had this thing for about 6months but its just been sitting there. It's still in demo mode. I can't figure this thing out. Last time I am buying pioneer. This thing is like android hyundai garbage holy cow what a beast. Very user unfriendly and loser friendly. you have to have 800 hours to play with this thing. It's like 800 lb lady w AIDS, i can't figure it out. It's like Hetero Jason Collins, doesn't make sense. Somebody help me please.

I am using this thing ONLY for iPod music listening only pushing 7 speakers for three small rooms(2 speakers in one room, 3 speakers in one room, 2 speakers in one room). How do I do this Mcacc crap with my set up? So do you have to connect hdmi to TV and connect 7 speakers to even update firmware and mess around with it?

I would say that the firmware definitely helps and solves many of the issues I had early on. You can do most of what you want with the front panel display but I will tell you that it is a pain and not very intuitive. So I would suggest that you can turn on the receiver (the red receiver button) , hit the receiver button below (the white one) and then the Home Menu button to bring up the MCACC stuff which you can skip and set up your speakers using the up and down left right arrows. You can also shut off the demo mode here as well. My remote is not that responsive and I find I have double hit the button and it doesn't work as intended. But it can be done.

That said, how are your multiple speakers set up? Are you working through a speaker switch? I have only stereo (or I should say "had") set up through a stereo switch to three sets of speakers (well plus a subwoofer in the main room) and it worked fine but it took some time to discern how to set it up correctly especially with the subwoofer.

Good luck and I agree this is this most frustrating set up (read my up coming post!).

anjenaire

"Conservation, it's worth the energy"
Old 05-09-2013, 02:21 PM

OK I can't get this unit to display on yet another television. I am thinking about throwing it out the window at this point! After several months of using it "headless" in my stereo cabinet, I moved it down to the basement where it would not send a video signal to the HDMI input on my Olevia TV. At that point I decided to put it on Craigslist. After getting nothing but spam I had the great thought of perhaps moving it to my desk and using my relatively new Vizio E241-A1 TV/monitor to display the On Screen Display. I can't for the life of me get it to work. I can think of no reason why it won't show me the OSD. I know that it worked at least once on a "loaner" from Best Buy (Insignia Brand TV that had some issues so I returned it and eventually got this TV) but now I can't get it to work at all for displaying the OSD. I know it isn't a big deal but it would help me set up all of my components etc.

Anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: The HDMI cable in the back of the receiver wasn't pushed all the way in and I jiggled it a bit. In business! Now I need to figure out how to get the TV speakers to play when the receiver is on (at least for the time being).

anjenaire

Old 05-13-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjenaire View Post

OK I can't get this unit to display on yet another television. I am thinking about throwing it out the window at this point! After several months of using it "headless" in my stereo cabinet, I moved it down to the basement where it would not send a video signal to the HDMI input on my Olevia TV. At that point I decided to put it on Craigslist. After getting nothing but spam I had the great thought of perhaps moving it to my desk and using my relatively new Vizio E241-A1 TV/monitor to display the On Screen Display. I can't for the life of me get it to work. I can think of no reason why it won't show me the OSD. I know that it worked at least once on a "loaner" from Best Buy (Insignia Brand TV that had some issues so I returned it and eventually got this TV) but now I can't get it to work at all for displaying the OSD. I know it isn't a big deal but it would help me set up all of my components etc.

Anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT: The HDMI cable in the back of the receiver wasn't pushed all the way in and I jiggled it a bit. In business! Now I need to figure out how to get the TV speakers to play when the receiver is on (at least for the time being).

I fixed that with a few changes to my TV's settings. But I think I am now at the turning point and I can't do what I want to do at least to the level that I want to do it. What I was hoping to accomplish is to feed my PC, a Roku, another PC etc. through the receiver to my TV/monitor. What I want to do is have music playing (mostly via Airplay) while I use the PC and monitor. Am I right in thinking that is not possible?

Currently I have an HDMI switch but I was trying to eliminate that by using the receiver. (I wanted to move the receiver originally to the main video viewing in the basement but I can't get a signal with the TV). Eliminating the HDMI Switch saves me a wall wart and frankly, the number of devices plugged in on my desk top is getting a bit worrisome. So anything I can do to eliminate a device is good.

anjenaire

Old 05-19-2013, 09:55 AM

OK I decided to make my life easier and just put this receiver back into the music cabinet and leave well enough alone. But now I need help configuring it (once I unplugged it the receiver seemed to go back to square one on most things). Anyway if someone can be so kind as to point me to the correct settings or instructions with appropriate translation I would sincerely appreciate it. I am tearing out my hair over this and just want to move on with my day. Because of various limitations in my cabinet, making changes is not the most pleasant task and requires much balancing of components on knees and the whipping off of glasses at certain moments to see the small dark print. Anyhow, here is my hoped for configuration (see picture below):

Sony CDP-CE345 CD Changer Optical In to Receiver - TOSLINK
Logitech Duet Receiver Optical In to Receiver - COAXAIL

I've made the connections, but I can't seem to hear any output on the CD nor on the Logitech Receiver. I believe I "assigned" the digital input to the DVD so I am calling the Logitech Receiver "DVD" .

Help! No sound from either device. I know that I could use the analog device inputs but I want to get the digital signals into the receiver so it can process the signals. Does it matter? I don't know because I can't get any sound out.

anjenaire

Old 05-19-2013, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjenaire View Post

Help! No sound from either device. I know that I could use the analog device inputs but I want to get the digital signals into the receiver so it can process the signals. Does it matter? I don't know because I can't get any sound out.

Hi anjenaire, on the remote try using "Signal Sel" and set to Digital.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:18 AM

Thanks! That worked (once I finally located the button on the remote). Now my CD is "TV" and my Logitech Duet Receiver (SbS) is "CD" (my CD only has a TOSLINK out). The only weird thing is on the SbS/"CD" via Coaxial, I have to crank the volume of the Duet to 100% and then also take the VSX-1022-K volume from 60 up to 75 - 78. I will play around with the settings and volume but it seems like a digital signal is a digital signal and I am not quite sure why the difference between the two input signals.

anjenaire

Old 05-26-2013, 09:46 AM

I need help ...last night I was moving the remote and my clumsy hand pressed a button by accident and the sound from the direct tv went away. I still have a picture and I have sound coming out of the receiver with all of the other stuff hooked up, blu ray, ipod, etc... Just not from the Direct TV, picture and no sound. I even hooked the satellite up straight to the TV and I have sound out of it, just not from the receiver. I have no idea what I did or what to do. FYI everything is hooked up via HDMI's to the receiver then out to the TV. I know I can hook up audio cables and try that but if I don't have to I don't want to. Does anyone have any idea what button or setting I may have accidentally changed? Any help is appreciated...Thanks!!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keldog1972 View Post

I need help ...last night I was moving the remote and my clumsy hand pressed a button by accident and the sound from the direct tv went away. I still have a picture and I have sound coming out of the receiver with all of the other stuff hooked up, blu ray, ipod, etc... Just not from the Direct TV, picture and no sound. I even hooked the satellite up straight to the TV and I have sound out of it, just not from the receiver. I have no idea what I did or what to do. FYI everything is hooked up via HDMI's to the receiver then out to the TV. I know I can hook up audio cables and try that but if I don't have to I don't want to. Does anyone have any idea what button or setting I may have accidentally changed? Any help is appreciated...Thanks!!

The signal select button may have clicked.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:42 PM

My 7.1 setup was playing fine literally the night before but this morning when i went to tturn it on no sound would play it would say its playing but nothing i went ahead and re ran the mcacc it went through just fine all speakers detected and working properly it is not muted sound was set to 30 firmware is up to date and has been since i got it a couple days ago

Reciever is a Pioneer VSX 1022-k

any help would be appreciated!!!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:55 PM

Hi guys I have a question that is driving me crazy. When I just turn on my 1022-K it automatically switch to input "TV" . There is even no HDMI imput with TV in the back. Only anyone would use TV input if you use optical cable from TV to AVR to listen do audio originating from you TV. Like internet stuff like Netflix but most people use ARC anyway for that purpose. So, my question is this. How do I make my 1022 AVR to switch AUTOMATICALLY upon turning on to HDMI SAT/CBL input and not TV like it is right now.

Anyone ? I bet it's so stupid simple but I don't see it.

Thank you guys !
Old 05-31-2013, 08:47 PM

Hey everyone. I have a brand new vsx-1022-k that I've had hooked up for 2 weeks and have not had any problems. Recently I sat down to play my PS2 and suddenly have no sound coming from my optical input, Strangely enough, the receiver isnt recognizing my iphone when I plug it into the USB port as well. Ive tried using multiple cords and plugging/unplugging everything. Any suggestions?
Old 05-31-2013, 09:34 PM

Actually it's a 522-k, regardless any ideas ?
Old 06-01-2013, 03:50 PM

Whenever I turn up loud music on Zone B or Zone A+B, my receiver immediately turns off.

Any ideas on what causes this?
Old 06-01-2013, 05:12 PM

Try to use HDMI for PS2 if available. If not make sure in PS2 in settings it's OPTICAL out is enabled. Also if everything is it should be in settings on controller you'll see audio input button on the bottom, try it see if you'll be able to select optical.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:28 PM

Hello,

I recently bought a pioneer 1022 receiver and hooked it up. I have my pvr hooked into the receiver and then receiver into tv, samsung 55es7150. I usually just plug the external hd into the tv but now when I change the input source from hdmi 1 to USB 1 I don't get any sound, just the pvr sound. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to plug in the hd into the receiver as its all hdmi. There is a USB in the from for the iPod connection but I don't think that works for the hd.

Any thoughts and/or solutions to this issue?
Cheers.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:38 AM

STILL NEED HELP PLEASE!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:03 PM

Liked: 11
Just got my 1022 in from Amazon Warehouse. So far so good for the $160 I paid.

This is definitely an odd duck compared to my 1222 in the family room. Not in a price for feature set, just in the feature sets they choose to cut out. Stupid things like the onscreen display. The 1222 has a very limited OSD compared to the 1522 but it is far better than the 1022 DOS text. smile.gif And the odd thing is if you go the the 'network' OSD of the 1022 it is the SAME menu that the 1222 uses for everything. So the 1022 could clearly have a better OSD, the hardware or whatever is there... they just didn't. Auto MCACC is a bit of a letdown compared to Advanced MCACC but that is understandable I guess given the price point, but I still think even the base 7.1 should have it.

Some things I've learnt from both the 1222 and 1022. Turn off HDMI CEC, Its just a pain in the arse. There is a 'standard' but every manufacturer seems to interpret and implement it differently. I guess if you have a smart TV you need to leave it on for ARC, but otherwise just leave it off. Turn off upscaling unless you really need it. I noticed large lags changing inputs at first and then I realized it was the scaler working. I'm sure its good, but I don't need my AVR to scale for me. Let the Cable box or TV handle it if needed. These features simply aren't worth the hassle so far. Other random 1022 silly points. The optical and coax are assignable, but HDMI audio is forced on 4 of the 6 inputs. Only DVD and CBL/STB can be changed to optical/coax. Took me a bit setting up my DVI to HDMI laptop because naturally I was going to just drop it on the VIDEO input. Not being to rename inputs should be a mandatory feature on ANY AVR regardless of price. Let's hope I don't run into any other gremlins.

estabro: Have you check your zone B speakers? Any problems with the wiring? What about Ohm ratings? Are A and B both 8? Does A play just fine regardless of volume? Seems like the amp is not liking something about driving both set at the same time.

emcolimited: Are you saying you have no sound out of the receiver with the USB drive tethered to the samsung? I would guess you need to turn ARC on both the receiver and Sammy to fix the issue. I'm confused is the content coming from the USB drive or the PVR?

luckyfives: that one sucks. So MCACC plays the test tones, but none of the inputs give you any sound? Other than a factory reset I'm not sure about that one.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:09 AM

Argggg!!! I just lost my entire post.

I have my external plugged into my tv but when I hanged the source to the USB option I don't get sound. I think I need a coaxal cable or something to give audio transfer when hdmi is not used. I'm not sure. I can hdmi my laptop in te blue ray slot and everything works fine. I've so read about a media streamer? I don't want to buy another box though if I can help it.

I'm using a couple bookshelf speakers from y friend at but I'm looking for a 5.1 set for my setup. We watch a lot of movies but I also like to chill out to music.

I'm lookin at

Polk 6750 for around $275 new
MartinLogan MLT-2 5.1CH $339 new
Energy take classic 1(not 2) I can't remember the price. I think around $200 used.

Would be better to get a 5.1 set and add a couple bookshelf speakers to create 7.1 or Add individual speakers?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1022 K 560w 7 Channel A V Receiver