Forum Jump: 

Old 07-05-2014, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by revoman View Post
Just a random thought. The receiver can be configured for both 8 ohm and 6 ohm speakers. Make sure it matches properly and perhaps they will not have to turn it up so high.
Thanks for the tip! I have looked in the settings and in the manual but I cannot find where to set the ohms. Can someone help me out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2014, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjenaire View Post
Single amplifier. You can only watch or listen to one source at a time although you could take the extra rear set of speakers (B) and remotely mount those to have music say in a different room but you can't watch a movie in your main 5.1 room and listen to music (stereo) in the other room at the same time. It's either or. Woot has a Onkyo (reconditioned) on sale now that does have two amps so true two room audio capabilities.
I'm using the B speakers to power 2 speakers in the kitchen (in addition to the 5.1 in the theater). I'd like to power 4 more speakers upstairs. I have a 2nd receiver that I could use for that, but there's no way (that I can tell) to put output from the VSX-1022 to the 2nd receiver. Is there a way to split HDMI to send audio to a 2nd receiver while also sending it to the theater display? Or maybe turn the remaining unused speaker output to RCA somehow? Stuck!
Old 09-14-2014, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosx View Post
I'm using the B speakers to power 2 speakers in the kitchen (in addition to the 5.1 in the theater). I'd like to power 4 more speakers upstairs. I have a 2nd receiver that I could use for that, but there's no way (that I can tell) to put output from the VSX-1022 to the 2nd receiver. Is there a way to split HDMI to send audio to a 2nd receiver while also sending it to the theater display? Or maybe turn the remaining unused speaker output to RCA somehow? Stuck!
Well what about using a speaker selector switch to send the signal to the 4 speakers upstairs? I use the one from Monoprice and it works o.k. for the price (hitting the terminations is a bit tricky and you are limited to using 16 gauge speaker wire or creating pigtails to the inputs and wirenuts from there -- which is what I did to deal with 12 gauge speaker wire).

I send the speaker out to the speaker switch and then from there I branch out to three sets of speakers. It is nice to have the volume control in the kitchen (command central) and then I can control the receiver via wifi to change inputs or turn on/off. I also have another speaker volume control in-line with the outdoor speakers so I can control the volume while I am working the grill. Seems to be enough power for the Bose Environmental speakers on the deck (although again tough to fit all the connections in a single gang box for the outdoor speaker volume switch).

anjenaire

"Conservation, it's worth the energy"

Last edited by anjenaire; 09-14-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1022-K 7.1 remote doesn't control volume

I've had the 1022 just over a year, and like it a lot. But since last week, neither the Pioneer nor the Logitech remote can control the volume or mute. Other functions seem fine. What is going on?

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1022 K 560w 7 Channel A V Receiver