SSP-800 and ML No. 535 - AVS Forum
Receivers, Amps, and Processors > SSP-800 and ML No. 535
rmedeir12's Avatar rmedeir12 09:18 PM 09-25-2012
I recently puchased both the Levinson 535 and the SSP. My issue is that the SSP-800 can trigger the ML 535 and power it off, but I have noticed that when trying to do the same procedure again to wake the amp the amplifier generates a signal fault. The signal fault will NOT occur if there are no audio interconnects (non-XLR) connected to the amp. Meaning the amp will power on and off with no issue whatsoever. I have also tested disconnecting the trigger and that is not the issue. So the issue is not necessarily the amp, but the SSP-800.

So what I am wondering is anyone else with ML amps having the same problem?
It appears the SSP-800 i sending some sort of signal to the ML amp and am wondering how I can control this signal so that my amp can restart from standby properly?

Any advice is helpful.

Thanks
Rick

Roger Dressler's Avatar Roger Dressler 10:55 PM 09-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmedeir12 View Post

I recently puchased both the Levinson 535 and the SSP. My issue is that the SSP-800 can trigger the ML 535 and power it off, but I have noticed that when trying to do the same procedure again to wake the amp the amplifier generates a signal fault. The signal fault will NOT occur if there are no audio interconnects (non-XLR) connected to the amp. Meaning the amp will power on and off with no issue whatsoever. I have also tested disconnecting the trigger and that is not the issue. So the issue is not necessarily the amp, but the SSP-800.
So what I am wondering is anyone else with ML amps having the same problem?
It appears the SSP-800 i sending some sort of signal to the ML amp and am wondering how I can control this signal so that my amp can restart from standby properly?
Any advice is helpful.
Thanks
Rick
For best answers on the SSP-800, try the dedicated thread.

I suspect there may be a small transient coming from the SSP when it powers on, that the amp senses. Ideally you would apply some delay to the trigger, but neither the SSP nor the amp offer a means to adjust the delay. You can prove this theory by removing the trigger connector from the rear of the SSP, turning it on, then inserting the connector a second or 2 later to see if the amp starts normally. If so, such a delay would do the trick. If not, there's something else afoot.

I was not able to readily find a handy doodad that would insert some delay, but this one might work.
Up
Mobile  Desktop