Looking to buy: Pioneer Elite SC-55 vs Pioneer Elite SC-65...advice? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-27-2012, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have an Elite VSX-23. I'm looking at bumping up to one of the last two years SC models due to a house change and completely different setup then when I bought the VSX-23. I have 2 zones I'd like to run to, and I really like the idea of the new airplay built into the models.

My question is: What is the big oustanding difference between the SC55 and SC65? Where would you guys suggest I spend mroe money to get the 65 over the 55?

I can get a used SC55 from a friend for a pretty solid price. But I think I can get an SC65 If I want for only 200-300 more. What should I do? Does the SC-65 have more to it that would justify spending more cash. I'm looking for something as well that will be more "long term friendly" that I won't have to upgrade again for a while.

My speakers aren't anything fancy, so either of those will drive what i have with no problem.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-27-2012, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Also, I did find a few threads with similar questions, but no one really answered (I think some of them were prior to July when the 65 came out).

Thanks.

post #3 of 3 Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey bungi43,
Which one did you end up buying ? Did you find any more comparisons between the 2 models - SC55 & SC-65 ?

Thanks
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page