AVIC Z140BH faceplate peeling - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Old 09-29-2012, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just had an AVIC Z140BH installed a couple of months ago and I recently noticed that the panel with all of the buttons on it is starting to peel up and buckle. This is happening between the "HOME" and "MODE" locations on the panel. When I press one of those buttons, the panel crinkles and the bulge shifts as other areas of the panel start to peel-up.

I called Pioneer and was told that the warranty doesn't cover damage. I told them that I didn't damage the unit, but that the faceplate just started peeling up on its own. Then then told me I'd have to remove the unit and ship it to Pioneer to determine if it's something that they would cover under warranty.

Luckily I purchased the unit from a very responsible Pioneer dealer and they will help me with this issue.

Anyways, just wondering if this is an adhesive design issue on the unit and if others are seeing this problem. It was peeled up more than in the picture, below, in the morning, but after pressing it down, it wasn't quite buckled up as much, but I think this would get worst over time.

Sponsored Links
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page