Bluray and stereo sound issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-30-2012, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all

I am having an issue with sound not matching up to the video on screen. Most of the time you see the mouths of people moving before you will here them talk. I have tried everything and I am looking for some help.
My bluray player is a Samsung BDP1200, the surround receiver is a Pioneer Elite vsx-84txsi
This has been an issue as long as I can remember but I am hoping I can fix it as it seems to be getting worse. I assume it isn't the receiver since the cable box nor Nas have this issue.
I know my equipment is old, but the Pioneer Elite sounds great still and I don't want to shell out thousands of dollars to replace it at the moment. Do I need a new Bluray player (which I think is a dying technology) or am I missing something simple? Any help is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-01-2012, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 466
You don't mention how your equipment, including your TV, is connected together. The symptoms you describe are often noticed when there are separate connections run from the player to the TV and from the player to the receiver. The TV's video processing is taking less time than the receiver's audio processing.

If you can, you should use one HDMI cable to connect the player to the receiver, and one HDMI cable to connect the receiver to the TV.

You also don't mention where you have configured the audio decoding to be done -- in the player or in the receiver. For testing, at least, you should try enabling the audio decoding in the player. The player should properly delay the HDMI video to correspond to the audio decoding delay. Set the player's Digital Output to PCM. See page 39 of the player's manual.

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page