Totaly baffled - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First a Hi to all at AVS. I am trying to sort out a problem with a brand new 818. The first unit I receievd a couple of weeks back ended up blowing the base driver on my front right B&W 602. The amp was replaced, I have now tried the initial setup with the new amp, the speakers are biamped. All connections have been checked three times and are as they should be. I have a brand new active sub connected.The problem is when it sends out the test tone for the front high,the two subwoofer icons show up in Blue on screen and the test tone comes out of the sub.After finsihing a minimum of three listening positions, if I go into speaker configuration the front peaker high settings are greyed out. I have the latest firmware as well. Has anybody heard of this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Try connecting your speakers normally. Remove the bi-amp wires. Are you using the 818 to bi-amp or do you have an external amp?

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #3 of 3 Old 10-01-2012, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead90 View Post

Try connecting your speakers normally. Remove the bi-amp wires. Are you using the 818 to bi-amp or do you have an external amp?

Hi and thanks for getting back to me, yes this was something that the shop suggested I do. Have had a long day today so will do it tomorrow when I get back from work. Are you suggesting then that if I wire the front speakers up as normal and run the setup again, that I should then be able to go back to B-iamp and it should reset itself? Yes I am using the 818 to bi-amp, on the first amp it worked fine. I am also wondering, am I right in setting the 602 S3`s to 40hz and not full band?
Thanks
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page