Originally Posted by DrMichael
I have a comcast box and am unsure whet the source is set to output. There are no options in the cable box to change that output. Is that something I change in the pre? It's odd that it only happens for live sports feeds and only occurs on one speaker.
if your cable box is a Motorola DVR/Tuner, DCT or DCX model, you should be able to access the Quick Menu by
1. Turn on the TV and set to watch cable.
2. Press the Cable button at the top of the remote so that the Power button is for the cable box
3. Press the Power button at the top of the remote to power down the cable box. This won't completely turn it off, like unplugging it, so scheduling & scheduled recordings are kept in memory. It just turns off the tuner portion so you will get a black screen on your TV.
4. Press the red Menu button on the remote. Your TV will show the quick menu and the choices for output resolutions are there, along with close captioning options and others.
5. You can change resolution by clicking OK button to toggle them. After making change, press the red Menu button again to turn off the menu.
6. Press the Power button again to turn on the cable box.
There is a deep menu you can also access but not much use for users, I suspect it's for service personnel. It has all kinds of technical data, signal strength, setup, interfaces, and many others. Not much the user can do here but kind of interesting to look through if you are a techie
To get there, you press the Cable button, Power button and quickly press the red OK button after pressing the Power button and it turns off; the OK button has to be pressed pretty quickly after it powers off or it doesn't work. The deep menu looks like something from the DOS days with an Exit you have to scroll to and press OK to exit. Again, I'm posting for FYI but nothing to do with changing resolution which is in the User Quick Menu above.
If your box isn't a Moto DVR or a different model than DCT or DCX, the Menu procedure may be different. I don't know anything about other models, sorry.
And since I connect mine with component, my HDMI settings are greyed out, so I can't comment on HDMI resolution choices if any. Component (ybr) can be toggled 1080i>720p>480i>1080i