Marantz AV8801 Preamp/Processor Official Owner's thread - Page 364 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #10891 of 11956 Old 03-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Just add water and stir
 
zuluwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,635
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

You might consider contacting Microsoft about it. The XBox One's software is still being worked on, so they probably can be persuaded to add more audio devices to what it supports.

Dear Microsoft,

Please help me with getting my device added.

Sincerely,
Zulu


_______________________________


Dear Zulu,

Who are you? And how many shareholders do you represent?

With warmest regards,
Big Corporation


rolleyes.gif

LOL
zuluwalker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10892 of 11956 Old 03-09-2014, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sharkshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, eh?
Posts: 2,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluwalker View Post

Welcome to the club!

Cheers... the thing still has to ship, but it certainly seems like a not-terrible time to jump aboard, even with HDMI 2.0 on the horizon... smile.gif

Will be interesting to see how 2ch and analogue audio is different on it - no doubt that Audessey is likely to be much more beneficial in my room (I barely used it on my 9.8), but we'll see how it all plays out with the rest of my setup.

sharkshark is offline  
post #10893 of 11956 Old 03-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Need help on this!

My front panel always display Pro-logic IIx Movie on start-up.
And when playing movie that are 5.1, the seven speaker light display are all On.

Look through out the manual and there is so many option!
What I would like is if a movie is Dolby 5.1 or 7.1 or DTS 5.1 or 7.1 is to play it in the recorded format.
I do have a 7.2 system but if a movie is recorded in 5.1, I prefer to listen to it that way and not add the rear speaker as extra decoding.

Would pressing the Direct button on the remote do that or is for stereo only.

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #10894 of 11956 Old 03-09-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Feature request if anyone from Marantz is listening:

12 Volt trigger delay of 1 second between triggers so that you don't trip breakers if you have a lot of amps that draw power. Especially the pro amps don't necessarily have soft start circuits.

Blazar!
blazar is offline  
post #10895 of 11956 Old 03-09-2014, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
matthewa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post

Need help on this!

My front panel always display Pro-logic IIx Movie on start-up.
And when playing movie that are 5.1, the seven speaker light display are all On.

Look through out the manual and there is so many option!
What I would like is if a movie is Dolby 5.1 or 7.1 or DTS 5.1 or 7.1 is to play it in the recorded format.
I do have a 7.2 system but if a movie is recorded in 5.1, I prefer to listen to it that way and not add the rear speaker as extra decoding.

Would pressing the Direct button on the remote do that or is for stereo only.

Ray
Hold the movie button down gives you various options, if you have the iApp you can select auto which I find defaults to what the disc is outputting
darthray likes this.
matthewa is offline  
post #10896 of 11956 Old 03-09-2014, 03:00 PM
Senior Member
 
richpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
All of a sudden. the information on the front display of my 8801 has changed. The display used to show the input selection as well as the boxes for the input signal and the output signal. Perhaps coincidentally, the trigger that controls my 7-channel amp has stopped working. I rebooted the 8801 by unplugging, but it didn't help. I've checked the display settings, but they seem to be correct. I did the most recent software update before this problem started, but the display was working fine afterwards.

Any help or f thoughts would be appreciated.
richpat is offline  
post #10897 of 11956 Old 03-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Member
 
Masterkale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
yesterday i have heard the modified cinemike 8801 against my original 8801.

After the mod the unit will sound so much better. Don`t get me wrong but the original av8801 sound boring compared to the modified one.

Normally you are listing to music .. After the mod you are into the music everything sounds so real, that`s the best way to describe it i think.

It will take 2 weeks before i get my 8801 and 8077 back, can`t wait
Masterkale is offline  
post #10898 of 11956 Old 03-09-2014, 03:58 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,663
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 1374
Quote:
Originally Posted by richpat View Post

All of a sudden. the information on the front display of my 8801 has changed. The display used to show the input selection as well as the boxes for the input signal and the output signal. Perhaps coincidentally, the trigger that controls my 7-channel amp has stopped working. I rebooted the 8801 by unplugging, but it didn't help. I've checked the display settings, but they seem to be correct. I did the most recent software update before this problem started, but the display was working fine afterwards.

Any help or f thoughts would be appreciated.

You say it changed but you don't describe how it has changed. Also note the front panel can only display "either" the INPUT boxes or the "OUTPUT" boxes but not both at the same time.

darthray likes this.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #10899 of 11956 Old 03-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
 
richpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

You say it changed but you don't describe how it has changed. Also note the front panel can only display "either" the INPUT boxes or the "OUTPUT" boxes but not both at the same time.


It won't display either input or output, which it used to do. Now it shows neither. Sorry...I recently replaced my Denon 5308 which did show both input and output boxes simultaneously. Is it safe to assume that output is the default setting?

Thanks, btw.
richpat is offline  
post #10900 of 11956 Old 03-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post

Need help on this!

My front panel always display Pro-logic IIx Movie on start-up.
And when playing movie that are 5.1, the seven speaker light display are all On.

Look through out the manual and there is so many option!
What I would like is if a movie is Dolby 5.1 or 7.1 or DTS 5.1 or 7.1 is to play it in the recorded format.
I do have a 7.2 system but if a movie is recorded in 5.1, I prefer to listen to it that way and not add the rear speaker as extra decoding.

Would pressing the Direct button on the remote do that or is for stereo only.

Ray
Hold the movie button down gives you various options, if you have the iApp you can select auto which I find defaults to what the disc is outputting

Thanks for replying

I will try your way by holding the movie button.
On my other set-up, it is set to Auto but still give me 7.1 for a 5.1 source.
Tonight while watching a 7.1 source, I tried the pure and once I did stop the movie, it was on Stereo.

I guess, I have answer my own question by using that option.
I just taught if you use Auto , it would default the proper decoding (stereo, 5.1/7.1 Dolby or DTS)?

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #10901 of 11956 Old 03-09-2014, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkale View Post

yesterday i have heard the modified cinemike 8801 against my original 8801.

After the mod the unit will sound so much better. Don`t get me wrong but the original av8801 sound boring compared to the modified one.

Normally you are listing to music .. After the mod you are into the music everything sounds so real, that`s the best way to describe it i think.

It will take 2 weeks before i get my 8801 and 8077 back, can`t wait

If you read the big processor article on the secrets of hifi website, you will realize that the major part of the acoustic signature (including the high hiss you will notice if you have high sensitivity speakers) cannot be modified... It is on the main board. Most of the acoustic components are chip based and so cant be modified.

I would approach cinemike with extreme skepticism. Feel free to contact the author of the article in secrets'.
Theresa likes this.

Blazar!
blazar is offline  
post #10902 of 11956 Old 03-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
darthray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cold lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpat View Post

All of a sudden. the information on the front display of my 8801 has changed. The display used to show the input selection as well as the boxes for the input signal and the output signal. Perhaps coincidentally, the trigger that controls my 7-channel amp has stopped working. I rebooted the 8801 by unplugging, but it didn't help. I've checked the display settings, but they seem to be correct. I did the most recent software update before this problem started, but the display was working fine afterwards.

Any help or f thoughts would be appreciated.

You say it changed but you don't describe how it has changed. Also note the front panel can only display "either" the INPUT boxes or the "OUTPUT" boxes but not both at the same time.


I think you have just answer my previous question and got to try it when time permit.

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
darthray is offline  
post #10903 of 11956 Old 03-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Member
 
Masterkale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar View Post

If you read the big processor article on the secrets of hifi website, you will realize that the major part of the acoustic signature (including the high hiss you will notice if you have high sensitivity speakers) cannot be modified... It is on the main board. Most of the acoustic components are chip based and so cant be modified.

I would approach cinemike with extreme skepticism. Feel free to contact the author of the article in secrets'.

Stop reading and start listening yourself. Most people read to much reviews and copy information.
I am not somebody that is convinced very fast. I have heard a lot of setups and speakers, and i can only say the sound will change a lot (in a good way)
Masterkale is offline  
post #10904 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 01:30 AM
Member
 
denon a1xva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Amsterdam/ The Netherlands / Europe
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Why does he have to be skeptical when he heard the differences him self?


The German company analyze the whole unit and improve the unit by working on the power supply, use filtering and they also change the OP amps. This process to develope takes some time to test everything.

Here is a video review coming from a famous German reviewer. (He is working on English subs) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQGtKZDA6V8

Here is a review of a modified AV 7701 , and he also shows a HF emissions measurement (if i wrote it correctly) between a stock unit and a modified AV 7701 (@ min:43 :20 starting and the hf emissions measurements @ min 44:16)










Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar View Post

If you read the big processor article on the secrets of hifi website, you will realize that the major part of the acoustic signature (including the high hiss you will notice if you have high sensitivity speakers) cannot be modified... It is on the main board. Most of the acoustic components are chip based and so cant be modified.

I would approach cinemike with extreme skepticism. Feel free to contact the author of the article in secrets'.
denon a1xva is offline  
post #10905 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 02:44 AM
Member
 
ecossecableman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ecosse-scotland
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by denon a1xva View Post

Why does he have to be skeptical when he heard the differences him self?


The German company analyze the whole unit and improve the unit by working on the power supply, use filtering and they also change the OP amps. This process to develope takes some time to test everything.

Here is a video review coming from a famous German reviewer. (He is working on English subs) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQGtKZDA6V8

Here is a review of a modified AV 7701 , and he also shows a HF emissions measurement (if i wrote it correctly) between a stock unit and a modified AV 7701 (@ min:43 :20 starting and the hf emissions measurements @ min 44:16)

Agreed. The amount of people on this forum who feel the need to pontificate about products they have never evaluated and have zero experience of is quite frankly beyond reason

Yes its right to be sceptical but when someone HAS evaluated a product and deems it worthy of praise back comes a bunch of no doubt well meaning posters demanding that you ignore your own ears

Crazy
ecossecableman is offline  
post #10906 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 03:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
audiofan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecossecableman View Post

Agreed. The amount of people on this forum who feel the need to pontificate about products they have never evaluated and have zero experience of is quite frankly beyond reason

Yes its right to be sceptical but when someone HAS evaluated a product and deems it worthy of praise back comes a bunch of no doubt well meaning posters demanding that you ignore your own ears

Crazy

I see no need to insult the owners in this particular 8801 thread just because one happens to disagree about a modification. Where more than capable of having a discussion on the merits of what this mod may or may not offer the end user. i for one would love to hear his comments once he receives it back and has had time to evaluate it in his own setup, until then its mere speculation and one's opinion in the end as to what sounds good to him or her smile.gif
audiofan1 is offline  
post #10907 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 03:46 AM
Member
 
ecossecableman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ecosse-scotland
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post

I see no need to insult the owners in this particular 8801 thread just because one happens to disagree about a modification. Where more than capable of having a discussion on the merits of what this mod may or may not offer the end user. i for one would love to hear his comments once he receives it back and has had time to evaluate it in his own setup, until then its mere speculation and one's opinion in the end as to what sounds good to him or her smile.gif

What insult? Where?

I suspect you have never heard a Cinemike mod have you?

Generally speaking How on earth can you comment with authority on a mod youve never heard?smile.gif
ecossecableman is offline  
post #10908 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Member
 
mohtfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Cinemike has a very good reputation within the industry as well as users.

I wish I had the 3300 euros to mod the 8801 (7.1 channels) but I dont ;-(
mohtfan is offline  
post #10909 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Member
 
807recordings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohtfan View Post

Cinemike has a very good reputation within the industry as well as users.

I wish I had the 3300 euros to mod the 8801 (7.1 channels) but I dont ;-(

I would like to see the so called better measurements go through a real test on an Audio Precision testing device. So many of these places gloss over things, and I even emailed the German review guy about this. Speaker reviews with out waterfall plots are pointless.

Selective audio measurements with ignoring others is also misleading.

I am not saying this firm is not doing a good job, but I would like to see more.
807recordings is offline  
post #10910 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 7,169
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 625
Answered in the bold text for you smile.gif Sorry it took so long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDOz View Post

On this forum I've learnt a lot (thanks to all) but have already forgotten a fair chunk of that.  Maybe someone can chime in. This is ONLY about playing a music PCM 2.0 source like CDs. Assume we will not select any option that outputs from the centre or surround channels.

Is selecting stereo under music different from stereo under movie? e.g. Audyssey flat used in music or some other more musical processing.

No, but Audyssey has two modes, plain Audyssey and Audyssey flat that is also called AUdyssey music on Onkyo units. I has a flatter top end that some seem to prefer for music listening. This can be found in the audio menu where you can select, deselect Audyssey amongst other options.

Wouldn't selecting auto be the same as selecting stereo (since it will detect PCM 2.0)?

Yes, it should, assuming the PCM signal is properly being sent to the 8801

What audio processing is not disabled in direct and pure direct?

All audyssey processing is disabled in direct and pure direct.

If stereo is selected, wouldn't "Audyssey bypass L&R" be the same as Audyssey off?

No, it will still retain the EQ on the subwoofer, and just bypass the mains. Audyssey "off" will cut all automatic EQ off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 807recordings View Post

I would like to see the so called better measurements go through a real test on an Audio Precision testing device. So many of these places gloss over things, and I even emailed the German review guy about this. Speaker reviews with out waterfall plots are pointless.

Selective audio measurements with ignoring others is also misleading.

I am not saying this firm is not doing a good job, but I would like to see more.

Waterfall graphs are primarily used to look at room decay, and have way more to do with the room and speaker placement than they do with the speaker itself.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is offline  
post #10911 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Member
 
807recordings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post

Answered in the bold text for you smile.gif Sorry it took so long.

Waterfall graphs are primarily used to look at room decay, and have way more to do with the room and speaker placement than they do with the speaker itself.

Waterfalls are very important and so are off axis responses and should not include room modes. How are you going to know if a woofer is ringing, tweeter is in breakup mode, etc with out them?
No freq response will show that.

Also the graphs should be done in an ideal situation.
807recordings is offline  
post #10912 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audiofan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecossecableman View Post

What insult? Where?

I suspect you have never heard a Cinemike mod have you?

Generally speaking How on earth can you comment with authority on a mod youve never heard?smile.gif

Did you even read my post? I did say I would love to hear his comments once he got his unit back! Only comment with authority I suppose I made is your view on owners here! The discussion is welcome as far as I'm concerned. But the odds of getting to hear a Cinemike mod are slim here in the US, given the chance I would! as I've only heard good things about them.
audiofan1 is offline  
post #10913 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 7,169
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by 807recordings View Post

Waterfalls are very important and so are off axis responses and should not include room modes. How are you going to know if a woofer is ringing, tweeter is in breakup mode, etc with out them?
No freq response will show that.

Also the graphs should be done in an ideal situation.

I am not arguing your points, just simply waterfalls seem to me to be best suited for in room measure. spectrograms would be good for woofer ringing and impulse and THD measurements to confirm.

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

 

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

 

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

beastaudio is offline  
post #10914 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Member
 
807recordings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 61
@beastaudio,
I agree!

smile.gif
807recordings is offline  
post #10915 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Chise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,072
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I Listen to one for first time last weekend,the soundfield and clarity was outstanding.
Chise is offline  
post #10916 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 2,263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecossecableman View Post

What insult? Where?

I suspect you have never heard a Cinemike mod have you?

Generally speaking How on earth can you comment with authority on a mod youve never heard?smile.gif

I don't have to hear it to suggest caution and skepticism... If you heard and like it already... More power to you. Who said anything about being insulting... Certainly not my intent. The op amps in the 8801 are defintely not top notch and this has been pointed out in "secrets"... Look at their "technical" papers section. If the op amps can in-fact be changed I would love to know since my speakers defintely hiss without -20db attenuators.

I would love to hear the testimonial on these mods since someone on this thread is spending the money. I have been warned about several mod'ers on the net in the past who wrap wires in tinfoil and charge a lot of dough for it.

Blazar!
blazar is offline  
post #10917 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Member
 
ecossecableman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ecosse-scotland
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar View Post

I don't have to hear it to suggest caution and skepticism... If you heard and like it already... More power to you. Who said anything about being insulting... Certainly not my intent. The op amps in the 8801 are defintely not top notch and this has been pointed out in "secrets"... Look at their "technical" papers section. If the op amps can in-fact be changed I would love to know since my speakers defintely hiss without -20db attenuators.

I would love to hear the testimonial on these mods since someone on this thread is spending the money. I have been warned about several mod'ers on the net in the past who wrap wires in tinfoil and charge a lot of dough for it.

Yes there are certainly con modders out there. Cinemike ain't one of them. I paid my money and got my Denon AVP moded. Pic and sound improvement was significant
ecossecableman is offline  
post #10918 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter
exm
AVS Special Member
 
exm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NYY
Posts: 1,311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecossecableman View Post

Yes there are certainly con modders out there. Cinemike ain't one of them. I paid my money and got my Denon AVP moded. Pic and sound improvement was significant

Are these mods expensive?
exm is offline  
post #10919 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Member
 
ecossecableman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ecosse-scotland
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post

Are these mods expensive?

You'd have to ask Cinemike the price but for me ANYTHING that significantly improves my music and movie enjoyment is always worth it smile.gif
ecossecableman is offline  
post #10920 of 11956 Old 03-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Member
 
admranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post

Are these mods expensive?

Define "expensive". Here's a data point on how much it costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohtfan View Post

Cinemike has a very good reputation within the industry as well as users.

I wish I had the 3300 euros to mod the 8801 (7.1 channels) but I dont ;-(

If 3300 euros is expensive to you, then it's expensive. To me, it's expensive. biggrin.gif
audiofan1 likes this.

Marantz 8801 Arcam P1000 Oppo 95 SystemDek IIX turntable B&W LCR6 (front 3) B&W in ceiling surround speakers Velodyne SPL-10 Subs (2) Sony xbr65x850a
admranger is online now  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Ken Kreisel Dxd 12012 Subwoofer , Marantz Av8801 , Receivers Amplifiers , Audyssey , Integra
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off