post #12211 of 12214 Old 10-16-2014, 03:32 AM

Location: Arse End of the World: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrnambool
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
That's no good Chopsus it's a bit annoying they won't replace it for you. There should be a time frame where if there is a problem with a unit it should be replaced. Buying a unit and put straight into repairs is not right!!
Yes ... Not impressed ... But it is all documented in case I need to take it to Fair Trading.
onyxbfly likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12212 of 12214 Old 10-16-2014, 04:44 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopsus View Post
Yes ... Not impressed ... But it is all documented in case I need to take it to Fair Trading.

Hope it gets sorted for you mate
onyxbfly likes this.

Frank
post #12213 of 12214 Old 10-16-2014, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
I'm seriously considering going back to my Integra 80.3 now that the HDMI/Network card on it has been fixed.
I tested the DHC 80.3 prior to getting the 8801. At the time i also used an Integra DTR 70.3. Unfortunately I did not have them all at the same time. To be honest I don't think that I had the DHC 80.3 to grow accustom with it. It sounded better than my DTR 70.3 but I was on the fence in regards to whether or not it sounded that much better to justify the price between the 80.3 and the 70.3. Cost wasn't an issue I just wanted something that wowed me.

The 80.3 is on my short list.

Quote:
Because the Integra doesn't cause speaker pop on:

Power on/off
Mute on/off
Changes to Audyssey settings, and
Audyssey calibration.

I have had the 8801 since early August and have been through every form of solution and trouble shooting possible, including investing $150 in my own GPO Test equipment and XLR Phase Shift Adaptors ... To no avail and the subtle suggestion that the problem is with my gear not the 8801 ....

Yet the Integra DHC 80.3 that it was to replace works perfectly with no pops whatsoever!

A little test with an old Yamaha RXV3800 also failed to produce in pops in the speakers.

The 8801 is now back with Marantz, but to be honest I have had a bloody gutfull of it and am tempted to get rid of it regardless as I simply won't trust a "repaired" unit.

It did this from new and I notified them on day one, but they are balking at replacing it with a new unit.

I might ask any Marantz reps I find at the AV and HiFi Show in Melbourne this week what they think ... I might get a different reaction once they meet me in all my magnificent glory!
Wait you mean that the pops were not the welcoming rally into the "owners circle"? I believe I had a few pops as well. I think they were resolved with a firmware update. I had a 12 volt triiger out of the box failure as well. Marantz implied that I purchased the wrong trigger cable.....Hmm worked well enough with both integras. But I digress. 3 cables later, various firmware resets and I was getting more exercise just getting up and sitting down from my couch than one can ever want just to turn my amp on. After they implied that my amp was under powered, I wasn't using the correct outlet for the amp and the outlet that the 8801 is plugged in on was some how suspect. They opened a repair request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
That's no good Chopsus it's a bit annoying they won't replace it for you. There should be a time frame where if there is a problem with a unit it should be replaced. Buying a unit and put straight into repairs is not right!!
Marantz claims that you have a 30 day window to return for a new one or a refund. (They may and I say may replace with a new one within 90 days because I have gotten so many different stories from different CSRs its hilarious.) Granted it was my fault for not wanting to open my 8801 day one when it arrived..... It was their fault for taking 2 months to repair it. The repair time elapsed past their 90 days and they were not budging off of it........They state they are not responsible for repair time nor or the inconvenience it may cause.

I don't want to crap on Marantz. I really don't want to take this personal. In my heart of hearts I'd like to believe this is an isolated incident. Things happen, things break. When they cost that much more you get a lil frustrated but it goes away when its all said and done. What doesn't go away is the inconvenience, the down time, the fact you, and or your gear is somehow to blame for their product not working.....

I just wished my 8801 worked!!
post #12214 of 12214 Old 10-16-2014, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Because the Integra doesn't cause speaker pop on:

Power on/off
Mute on/off
Changes to Audyssey settings, and
Audyssey calibration.

I have had the 8801 since early August and have been through every form of solution and trouble shooting possible, including investing $150 in my own GPO Test equipment and XLR Phase Shift Adaptors ... To no avail and the subtle suggestion that the problem is with my gear not the 8801 ....

Yet the Integra DHC 80.3 that it was to replace works perfectly with no pops whatsoever!

I do not have experience with the DHC-80.3, but in my system I had more issues with speaker pops with a DHC-80.2 than I have with the AV8801 which replaced it. Based on my experience the issue of speaker pops is far more complicated than just the processor being used.

I will also note for those Onkyo and Integra owners who have not had their HDMI board fail that mine became intermittent for a brief period of time before failing completely. During the intermittent period it sent a large enough transient out that I am fortunate that my speakers survived. At that point I removed it from my primary system and let it run on the bench until it failed completely before having it repaired.

Bob
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Ken Kreisel Dxd 12012 Subwoofer , Marantz Av8801 , Receivers Amplifiers , Audyssey , Integra
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page