Originally Posted by Chopsus
I'm seriously considering going back to my Integra 80.3 now that the HDMI/Network card on it has been fixed.
I tested the DHC 80.3 prior to getting the 8801. At the time i also used an Integra DTR 70.3. Unfortunately I did not have them all at the same time. To be honest I don't think that I had the DHC 80.3 to grow accustom with it. It sounded better than my DTR 70.3 but I was on the fence in regards to whether or not it sounded that much better to justify the price between the 80.3 and the 70.3. Cost wasn't an issue I just wanted something that wowed me.
The 80.3 is on my short list.
Originally Posted by Chopsus
Because the Integra doesn't cause speaker pop on:
Changes to Audyssey settings, and
I have had the 8801 since early August and have been through every form of solution and trouble shooting possible, including investing $150 in my own GPO Test equipment and XLR Phase Shift Adaptors ... To no avail and the subtle suggestion that the problem is with my gear not the 8801 ....
Yet the Integra DHC 80.3 that it was to replace works perfectly with no pops whatsoever!
A little test with an old Yamaha RXV3800 also failed to produce in pops in the speakers.
The 8801 is now back with Marantz, but to be honest I have had a bloody gutfull of it and am tempted to get rid of it regardless as I simply won't trust a "repaired" unit.
It did this from new and I notified them on day one, but they are balking at replacing it with a new unit.
I might ask any Marantz reps I find at the AV and HiFi Show in Melbourne this week what they think ... I might get a different reaction once they meet me in all my magnificent glory!
Wait you mean that the pops were not the welcoming rally into the "owners circle"? I believe I had a few pops as well. I think they were resolved with a firmware update. I had a 12 volt triiger out of the box failure as well. Marantz implied that I purchased the wrong trigger cable.....Hmm worked well enough with both integras. But I digress. 3 cables later, various firmware resets and I was getting more exercise just getting up and sitting down from my couch than one can ever want just to turn my amp on. After they implied that my amp was under powered, I wasn't using the correct outlet for the amp and the outlet that the 8801 is plugged in on was some how suspect. They opened a repair request.
Originally Posted by Franin
That's no good Chopsus it's a bit annoying they won't replace it for you. There should be a time frame where if there is a problem with a unit it should be replaced. Buying a unit and put straight into repairs is not right!!
Marantz claims that you have a 30 day window to return for a new one or a refund. (They may and I say may replace with a new one within 90 days because I have gotten so many different stories from different CSRs its hilarious.) Granted it was my fault for not wanting to open my 8801 day one when it arrived..... It was their fault for taking 2 months to repair it. The repair time elapsed past their 90 days and they were not budging off of it........They state they are not responsible for repair time nor or the inconvenience it may cause.
I don't want to crap on Marantz. I really don't want to take this personal. In my heart of hearts I'd like to believe this is an isolated incident. Things happen, things break. When they cost that much more you get a lil frustrated but it goes away when its all said and done. What doesn't go away is the inconvenience, the down time, the fact you, and or your gear is somehow to blame for their product not working.....
I just wished my 8801 worked!!