Originally Posted by Norcuron
I have had a Max volume issue for a while. It will not currently turn up past 91.5. I have the Marantz App on my iphone and have made sure the Max volume is set to off. I went in and moved it to a max, allowed it to set the level and then went back turn it to off to make sure that is reset. I have also gone into the Marantz menu and made sure it is turned to off. Any other ideas? Yes 91.5 is loud but there are some songs that would be nice to have the max available. Thanks for input and ideas.
See if you only have the issue when streaming (using the network source or airplay in general) content to the unit, as opposed to other sources like a blue ray player. NOTE: if switching to another source, you HAVE to pause whatever you were previously using the network streaming option for. This is an issue I ran into as well and never found out the source of the issue. Unfortunately, I wasn't even able to find out which component it originated from. I too was on an iphone, so I bought a new android, still the volume stuck. I thought it was the app so I deleted the app, and went with deremote. Nope, not that either.
Here was the rough part: I could switch from my phone to my wife's or friend's iphone when they wanted to stream music to the 8801 and viola, they could get the volume to crank the rest of the way just fine. It was only when I switched back to my control and streaming that the issue would immediately pop back up. Obviously even on a brand new phone, on an entirely different OS never fixed what what happening. I got so frustrated by the end of all of that and running around in circles for so long that I just went and bought two sonos units and haven't looked back since. I would still try:
Microprocessor reset on the 8801 (Might have to do 3 in a row to fully reset the unit)
deletion and reinstallation of the marantz app
checking other sources to see if volume sticks on those whilst not streaming period
to the 8801 even when not selected as source.