Marantz AV8801 Preamp/Processor Official Owner's thread - Page 429 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #12841 of 12849 Old 06-16-2015, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone here using a Harmony remote found a way to have a specific sound mode selected as part of an activity?

I have an activity for Whole House Audio that selects my Sonos Input, and a separate activity for Living Room Audio, and am trying to figure out how I can have the former switch to All Channel Stereo but the latter switch to Stereo. I can have the activity select "Mode Music" as part of the startup, but don't see a way to select or move to the specific mode within the "Mode Music" category.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12842 of 12849 Old 06-16-2015, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2727 Post(s)
Liked: 1387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immoros View Post
Has anyone here using a Harmony remote found a way to have a specific sound mode selected as part of an activity?

I have an activity for Whole House Audio that selects my Sonos Input, and a separate activity for Living Room Audio, and am trying to figure out how I can have the former switch to All Channel Stereo but the latter switch to Stereo. I can have the activity select "Mode Music" as part of the startup, but don't see a way to select or move to the specific mode within the "Mode Music" category.
If those are separate inputs on the 8801, then each input should remember the mode last used on that input. Assuming you don't change modes on the input, that should work, shouldn't it? Otherwise, I don't know how the Harmony could invoke the "Music" command and select "All channel stero" from the choices.
post #12843 of 12849 Old 06-16-2015, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

It's an easily solved issue. If the components change somehow during the burn-in period, and this change has an audible effect, then all one needs to do is measure the unit when it is brand new, out of the box, and measure it again after whatever period this burn-in is supposed to take. If the components have indeed changed in a way that will deliver audible differences, then this will be easily seen in the resulting measurements. Has anyone ever published such a set of measurements?
So if it's so easy then why didn't you do it already instead of talking out of your... Also has anyone ever published measurements that showed there was no change?? I didn't think so.
post #12844 of 12849 Old 06-16-2015, 12:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 4520 Post(s)
Liked: 3358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post
So if it's so easy then why didn't you do it already instead of talking out of your... Also has anyone ever published measurements that showed there was no change?? I didn't think so.
It wasn't me who was making the claim. The burden of proof is always on the person making the claim.
wyliec2 likes this.
post #12845 of 12849 Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Damaged/failing output from preamp?

Hello all, not sure if this has been covered or if anyone is able to help, but I'm experiencing a low output signal from the surround right channel of my preamp. For example, when running the test tones, if all channels are at 0db, the surround right channel would have to be at +5db to sound the same (volume wise). When listening to sources, the sound is fine, just the trim must be cranked up on that particular channel to achieve the balanced volume level of the other channels for example. (distances, wires, interconnects have all been checked) (not running audyssey)

i definitely narrowed it down to the surround right channel being the issue, but which electrical component would cause this?
post #12846 of 12849 Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Neil are you using a sound meter to verify your levels?
Also have you swapped speaker connection

Last edited by Audiguy3; Yesterday at 12:12 PM.
post #12847 of 12849 Old Today, 12:37 AM

A couple of questions from a new owner of an AV8801

1. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to disable the large Marantz logo that is displayed on the monitor when listening to two channel audio with no video signal (eg CD input)? I would like just a black screen. I know I could just turn off the monitor, but I like having the graphic volume display that pops on when adjusted.
  2. Is there any way to fully power down the unit with the remote? My Crown power amps (which have no remote control) are plugged into a switched power bar that automatically turns off when a third device plugged into the same power bar is powered down. I want the AV8801 to be that third controlling device, so that when turned off, the power amps are shut down. However, when the AV8801 goes into standby, it draws enough power that the power bar considers it to still be on and thus will not turn off the power amps.
post #12848 of 12849 Old Today, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2727 Post(s)
Liked: 1387
Quote:
Originally Posted by warc1 View Post
A couple of questions from a new owner of an AV8801

1. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to disable the large Marantz logo that is displayed on the monitor when listening to two channel audio with no video signal (eg CD input)? I would like just a black screen. I know I could just turn off the monitor, but I like having the graphic volume display that pops on when adjusted.
  2. Is there any way to fully power down the unit with the remote? My Crown power amps (which have no remote control) are plugged into a switched power bar that automatically turns off when a third device plugged into the same power bar is powered down. I want the AV8801 to be that third controlling device, so that when turned off, the power amps are shut down. However, when the AV8801 goes into standby, it draws enough power that the power bar considers it to still be on and thus will not turn off the power amps.
1. Unfortunately not. What you are referring to is the "Wallpaper", and there is no way to defeat the display of the "Marantz" name.

2. Have you tried the Network setting? There are two choices, "Always On" and "Off in Standby". The second option may reduce the current draw low enough to trigger your power strip. Of course, "Off in Standby" disables the ability to wake up the 8801 using the web interface, if that is a feature you use, so there may be a trade-off.
post #12849 of 12849 Unread Today, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
1. Unfortunately not. What you are referring to is the "Wallpaper", and there is no way to defeat the display of the "Marantz" name.

2. Have you tried the Network setting? There are two choices, "Always On" and "Off in Standby". The second option may reduce the current draw low enough to trigger your power strip. Of course, "Off in Standby" disables the ability to wake up the 8801 using the web interface, if that is a feature you use, so there may be a trade-off.
Thanks for the reply. Changing the network setting to "Off in Standby" worked. I use a Harmony Hub to control all of my HT gear so the web interface is not a necessity for me.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Ken Kreisel Dxd 12012 Subwoofer , Marantz Av8801 , Receivers Amplifiers , Audyssey , Integra
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page