Marantz AV8801 Preamp/Processor Official Owner's thread - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1261 of 11874 Old 12-28-2012, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
exm
AVS Special Member
 
exm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NYY
Posts: 1,310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

Markertek has good XLR cables at good prices.
http://www.markertek.com/Cables/Audio-Cables/XLR-to-XLR-Cables/TecNec/SC50XXJ-B.xhtml
Bluejeans cable does too, although maybe a bit more expensive.

I am using BJC, which I think offer a great price/performance point.
exm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1262 of 11874 Old 12-28-2012, 11:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
JimP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wetumpka, AL
Posts: 15,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat3600 View Post

I had the Cary Cinema 12 sold it and was wondering about the sound quality of the 8801 vs it. The Cary does have true balanced connections though.

The next question has to be "does your amp also have true balanced connections?"

I don't think mine does but for whatever reason, on my previous system, XLRs were quieter than RCA cables.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
JimP is online now  
post #1263 of 11874 Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audiofan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Get good cables regardless of price! I use Morrow audio's MA3 & MA4 balanced cables and also AudioQuest Columbia rca and balanced and yes balanced in my setup does sound better, if you have to spend more for a better sounding cable then you have to spend more for a better sounding cable! $3599 on your pre should say enough! You wouldn'd buy a BMW M5 and put wagon wheels on it ! oh yeah! it can get the job done but how do they handle that raw power on tight turns?tongue.gif
audiofan1 is offline  
post #1264 of 11874 Old 12-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Diesel 48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is the only way to adjust level trims through the setup menu? Ran audyssey but want to up the bass a bit. Also do the trim levels stick per source or globally.
Diesel 48 is offline  
post #1265 of 11874 Old 12-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Member
 
cat3600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

The next question has to be "does your amp also have true balanced connections?"
I don't think mine does but for whatever reason, on my previous system, XLRs were quieter than RCA cables.

Yes my Cary cinema 7.125 does have balanced connections!
cat3600 is offline  
post #1266 of 11874 Old 12-28-2012, 03:12 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
joerod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: MIDWEST (just outside Chicago)
Posts: 22,020
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 91
MIB 3 sounds awesome! Great soundtrack!!! smile.gif

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
joerod is online now  
post #1267 of 11874 Old 12-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Member
 
Ian13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
was just wandering if anyone would know if the 4K upscaling on the AV8801 would have a noticeable difference when upscaling SDVD's compared to units like the AV7005 that upscale SDVD's to 1080P?
Ian13 is offline  
post #1268 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 05:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
Rosano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Montreal
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well my baby finally ariived....so now I have to find the time to start playng ! I will aslo take the opportunity to do a major clean up with wiring and getting rid of stuff I really don't need anymore like a tuner etc....I haven't been back there for so long ! Now I will put my Lex MC12 HD for sale.....its fully loaded and I even have the mic kit....wonder what its worth.
Rosano is offline  
post #1269 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 05:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
JimP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wetumpka, AL
Posts: 15,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 179
In my setup, I find that I like it better with Audyssey turned off. Just a tad more dynamics with it off. A little clearer too.

Anyone else?

.....I do have an assortment of accoustical panels around the room. That may account for the difference.

I'll rerun Audyssey in another week and see if the additional burn in makes a difference.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
JimP is online now  
post #1270 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 06:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Diesel 48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I can confirm that the av8801 does sound better than my older Onkyo TX-SR805. Well they should as they really are not even in the same league. I feel like all of my speakers opened up. I am just running 5.2 as I have an older 5 channel outlaw audio amp. I think it was their 250watts per channel one about 7 years ago. I am using ascend acoustic speakers and they have never sounded better. I am running everything in a dedicated room with lots of bass traps and panels on the walls. The room is roughly 13ft wide by about 16ft long. Right now I am running the originally sb-13 ultra in the front and a PCi-25/39 in the back. It is one of there older subs. My question is should I put both subs up front? Just curious on peoples opinions. One front and one back with their phase at 0 degrees sounds pretty good. First time running dual subs.
Diesel 48 is offline  
post #1271 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
thrang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 4,125
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

In my setup, I find that I like it better with Audyssey turned off. Just a tad more dynamics with it off. A little clearer too.
Anyone else?
.....I do have an assortment of accoustical panels around the room. That may account for the difference.
I'll rerun Audyssey in another week and see if the additional burn in makes a difference.

Audyssey can be a love hate, or at leas like dislike relationship. But lately I have been liking and loving - for me audyssey pro is a substantive benefit with the 8801.

Of course I just ripped out o huge wall unit and change four speakers so ill be re-running again....whoop whoop whoop whoop....
thrang is offline  
post #1272 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
Rosano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Montreal
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Jim...I find your comment intersting....i am very curious to use Audessy but I will run the system for sure with out it for a while and see how things go.....I like to get all the basic stuff done first and out of the way before applying any correction or auto this and auto that.

I am sure the answer is yes but since I am new to the 8801 and reading the manual before i start playing..whats the simple way of turning Audessy on and off....is there a one button deal or do i have to navigate in the menus....is there an easy way to do a comparison?

Thanks
Rosano is offline  
post #1273 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter
exm
AVS Special Member
 
exm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NYY
Posts: 1,310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosano View Post

Well my baby finally ariived....so now I have to find the time to start playng ! I will aslo take the opportunity to do a major clean up with wiring and getting rid of stuff I really don't need anymore like a tuner etc....I haven't been back there for so long ! Now I will put my Lex MC12 HD for sale.....its fully loaded and I even have the mic kit....wonder what its worth.

Let us know your impressions... I used to own Lexicon processors before I moved to Marantz. You can put your old Lexicon on either eBay or Audiogon.
exm is offline  
post #1274 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
Rosano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Montreal
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks I will give it a shot....any idea of what they are selling for?
Rosano is offline  
post #1275 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Member
 
dryeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosano View Post

Well my baby finally ariived....so now I have to find the time to start playng ! I will aslo take the opportunity to do a major clean up with wiring and getting rid of stuff I really don't need anymore like a tuner etc....I haven't been back there for so long ! Now I will put my Lex MC12 HD for sale.....its fully loaded and I even have the mic kit....wonder what its worth.

Rosano as a fellow MC12HD owner and while you are getting to know your new AV8801 I'd sure appreciate if you would please help me out with a question I posted a few pages back that went unanswered.

I am considering this model as a replacement for my beloved Lexicon MC12HD even though that unit still meets most of my needs. Would someone who already has posession of one test for the ability to reuse a HDMI video signal and map it to another input?

What I want to replicate is the way I have an input customized on my Lexicon unit. Specifically I'm looking for the ability to use the HDMI audio and video output of my cable box as say input 1 of the AV8801 and reusing the same cable box HDMI video only portion with the SPDIF audio of my CD player. This way I can play music and watch television at the same time and swap between the two by pressing just one button when the television program looks interesting.
dryeye is offline  
post #1276 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 10:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
JimP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wetumpka, AL
Posts: 15,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosano View Post

Jim...I find your comment intersting....i am very curious to use Audessy but I will run the system for sure with out it for a while and see how things go.....I like to get all the basic stuff done first and out of the way before applying any correction or auto this and auto that.
I am sure the answer is yes but since I am new to the 8801 and reading the manual before i start playing..whats the simple way of turning Audessy on and off....is there a one button deal or do i have to navigate in the menus....is there an easy way to do a comparison?
Thanks

A simple approach is to run Audyssey so that levels and distances are set and then turn it off. You also have to change some other setting dealing with dynamic range.

To turn Audyssey on/off, go to setup, audio, audyssey, highlight with enter then left arrow to turn off. There may be a single button on the remote way of doing it but I haven't read about it yet. Let me know if there is such a way.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
JimP is online now  
post #1277 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 11:47 AM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,092
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryeye View Post

I am considering this model as a replacement for my beloved Lexicon MC12HD even though that unit still meets most of my needs. Would someone who already has posession of one test for the ability to reuse a HDMI video signal and map it to another input?
What I want to replicate is the way I have an input customized on my Lexicon unit. Specifically I'm looking for the ability to use the HDMI audio and video output of my cable box as say input 1 of the AV8801 and reusing the same cable box HDMI video only portion with the SPDIF audio of my CD player. This way I can play music and watch television at the same time and swap between the two by pressing just one button.

Although not possible with the HDMI input, possible if you also connect a component video cable from the cable box to the 8801 and use that video source with your music source via the "Video Select" feature (p. 136 OM). Other option is to connect HDMI to the TV with optical to the 8801.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #1278 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audiofan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

In my setup, I find that I like it better with Audyssey turned off. Just a tad more dynamics with it off. A little clearer too.
Anyone else?
.....I do have an assortment of accoustical panels around the room. That may account for the difference.
I'll rerun Audyssey in another week and see if the additional burn in makes a difference.

I found I lean a little to Audyssey flat, as it seems more akin to what I'm use to coming from the analog outs of an Oppo 95, seems to be a good mix of both with an overall increase in dynamics and better soundstage and surround integration, having said that I haven't watched enough movies to say its my preferred setting its as you say still burning in!
audiofan1 is offline  
post #1279 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
stieger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I had the 7705, really enjoyed it. Sold it, now have a 80.1 (wanted THX), but realize the 7705 sounded better (duh). Anybody do a direct comparison between the 7705 and the 8801? Just curious how much better it may actually sound on movies/BD? Oddly, I sold the 7705 for a very hi-end piece, and honestly didn't notice much of a difference (cost difference was over $10K, so diminishing returns really came into play on this one - yes, dedicated HT room with Triad in-room golds...).

stieger

We Make Home Theater A Reality
stieger is offline  
post #1280 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 01:29 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 43,092
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
The general consensus of owners is there is a very noticeable improvement in audio fidelity upgrading from an XT model (7005) to XT32 (4520CI or 8801).
erhurd likes this.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is online now  
post #1281 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Member
 
dryeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thanks very much jdsmoothie.
dryeye is offline  
post #1282 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
Geronimo.USMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 570
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryWaz View Post

I also currently have a Denon AVR4311ci and am thinking about getting the AV8801/MM8077. Can you speak more about how you feel the sound quality is better than the 4311ci and how you are enjoying it better?
TIA!
P.S. for Everyone: I've read the entire thread (and other web pages on the subject) and am confused by connecting the AV8801 to an amp. Do most folks do unbalanced or balanced? I've never had separates before and am a bit of noob on the subject
I get waaaaay better separation now, while still having my bass smoothed out, & better integrated throughout. Very good/fast dynamics, and oh so quiet....then "BAM!" when it needs to be. To me, my 4311CI was way too harsh & overly bright on music no matter what I did, or how many 8pt calibrations. Personally, I would do XLR just b/c of the robust connection and added gain, which helps in calibration levels sometimes. I have XLR on my front 3 channels and on both of my subs, but use RCA on all 4 of my rears.

HTPC/Gaming Rig:
Silverstone CW02B, I7 3930K, 16GB, ASUS Rampage IV Formula
EVGA Signature Titan> 70 inch ELITE PRO-70X5FD
Auzen HDMI XFi> 7.2 via Marantz AV8801>Wyred4Sound, & Emotiva Amps>Paradigm 100'sV5, ADP590'sV5, 690v5, 20v5's, + Dual HSU-ULS15 Subs

Controlling: Two CX7000ES's via MyMovies
Geronimo.USMC is offline  
post #1283 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
comfynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northeast PA.
Posts: 4,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Hi guys, I've been following this thread and others for awhile now, so I decided to join AVS. I'm ordering the AV8801 Monday and was looking for your thoughts on connecting it to my Sunfire cinema grand amp via XLR cables. The way I see it is, the #1 and #2 pins are reversed on the Marantz (European design). Some are saying it will connect to my amp without a problem, it just reverses the polarity. But the way I see it is, I'll be plugging the hot off the 8801 into the ground on my amp not the negative. That doesn't sound good to me. Your help would be appreciated, thanks.
comfynumb is offline  
post #1284 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
 
GerryWaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo.USMC View Post

I get waaaaay better separation now, while still having my bass smoothed out, & better integrated throughout. Very good/fast dynamics, and oh so quiet....then "BAM!" when it needs to be. To me, my 4311CI was way too harsh & overly bright on music no matter what I did, or how many 8pt calibrations. Personally, I would do XLR just b/c of the robust connection and added gain, which helps in calibration levels sometimes. I have XLR on my front 3 channels and on both of my subs, but use RCA on all 4 of my rears.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply smile.gif.

And thanks also to those who commented on the XLR/RCA connectors question. Much appreciated. smile.gif
GerryWaz is offline  
post #1285 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
jh901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat3600 View Post

Yes my Cary cinema 7.125 does have balanced connections!

Ah. My current plan involves the 7 channel Cary. I have the 200.2 for my stereo system. Wouldn't mind a 7 channel like the 200.2!!

Balanced (versus unbalanced) gets a bad rap or is otherwise under appreciated since the presence of XLR ins or outs is presumed to indicate legit balanced. Too bad.

HT 3.1: Panny BDT 220 | 60" Panny VT60 | Marantz AV7005 | Focal CMS50 (L/R), CMS40 & CMS Sub

Stereo system: Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 tube line level | Cary Audio SA-200.2 | Focal Diablo Utopia III
jh901 is offline  
post #1286 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 04:07 PM
DHF
Senior Member
 
DHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfynumb View Post

Hi guys, I've been following this thread and others for awhile now, so I decided to join AVS. I'm ordering the AV8801 Monday and was looking for your thoughts on connecting it to my Sunfire cinema grand amp via XLR cables. The way I see it is, the #1 and #2 pins are reversed on the Marantz (European design). Some are saying it will connect to my amp without a problem, it just reverses the polarity. But the way I see it is, I'll be plugging the hot off the 8801 into the ground on my amp not the negative. That doesn't sound good to me. Your help would be appreciated, thanks.
No worries. It will connect without a problem. I have it connected via XLR to a SimAudio, and previously to a Sherbourn amp without any issues.

On the whole XLR thing, I did it with expensive cables and heard absolutely o difference between that and RCAs. I just like that the XLRs snap into place.
comfynumb likes this.
DHF is offline  
post #1287 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 04:12 PM
DHF
Senior Member
 
DHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post

I had the 7705, really enjoyed it. Sold it, now have a 80.1 (wanted THX), but realize the 7705 sounded better (duh). Anybody do a direct comparison between the 7705 and the 8801? Just curious how much better it may actually sound on movies/BD? Oddly, I sold the 7705 for a very hi-end piece, and honestly didn't notice much of a difference (cost difference was over $10K, so diminishing returns really came into play on this one - yes, dedicated HT room with Triad in-room golds...).
stieger
I had the AV7005. Very noticeable improvement in SQ on the 8801. Some is attributable to XT32, for sure. But I believe there is more to it than just XT32. The sound is much more detailed. Makes listening to old favorites fun again. On movies and TV, same level of detail is apparent. It is a big upgrade in SQ.
DHF is offline  
post #1288 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
comfynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Northeast PA.
Posts: 4,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Thanks for the reply DHF and the info. I guess the statement from Marantz about it may not connect properly has mr worried.
comfynumb is offline  
post #1289 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jima4a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 63
It is interesting how many touted the 4311 as a great prepro but now so many saying how much better the 8801 is for SQ. I am not yet a big Audyssey fan for music but am interested in how good the DACs and analog section are for music, not movies. Has anybody compared some of the key competition on the music end?

Main Kef: Reference 205/2 & 202/2c, Surrounds: Kef XQ40, Velodyne Optimum 12, Integra DHC 80.3, Oppo BDP-103, Bryston 4Bsst2, Parasound Halo A31. Second B&W: 685 (3), CCM618, Def Tech Powerfield 1500, Onkyo TX-NR1008, DBP 2010, Samsung BD-C7900, Zone 2 Klipsch AW650. Sitting still CCM616, Kef...
jima4a is online now  
post #1290 of 11874 Old 12-29-2012, 08:44 PM
DHF
Senior Member
 
DHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Same questions came up on the 7005. I am lucky because I don't read the manuals until way after I have hooked the thing up ;-).
DHF is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Ken Kreisel Dxd 12012 Subwoofer , Marantz Av8801 , Receivers Amplifiers , Audyssey , Integra
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off