Marantz AV8801 Preamp/Processor Official Owner's thread - Page 436 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-20-2015, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,
just a short feedback so far.

The IP64.30.224.206 seems to be the key for solving this problem. Unfortunately my good old router doesn’t have the option to block an IP.

So I tried using the static routing function, to route the IP 64.30.224.206 to an unused IP of my internal network range.

For now it seems to work fine in the first tests, but I will test it over the Weekend on its reliability.

Thank you jdsmoothie for that advice.
Olli

Last edited by onepointsix; 08-20-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2015, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Hi, i have 3 "un-used" channels on my 8077.
I do not have enough space for a decent center channel, i do have space for 2 small surround speakers, the Magnat Needle Sat.

Nominal (RMS) Output Power:45 Watt
Overload protection circuitry
2 speakers, Nominal Impedance:4/8 Ohm
Sensitivity:88 dB/Watt
Speaker Type:2-way - passive
Max Output Power:70 Watt
Crossover Frequency:3700Hz
Magnetic Shield:Yes
Frequency Response:75 - 30000 Hz
Driver Details:Speaker :
1 x mid/woofer driver - 2.5" - cellulose
1 x tweeter driver - 0.5" - Polycarbonate
Speakers 4/8 Ohm - wired

I can use 2 of them on the left and right of the TV middle stand, and each can have one channel to drive them

Will or can this work for a "center channel" ?
Old Today, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So after doing testing last weekend I can say it works fine, when using the static routing function of the router, in case you’re not able to block a single IP.

So again thanks for help.

Olli
Old Today, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I have a new issue:

I am using the zone 4 feature to connect the Apple TV to a TV in the master bedroom. Because it is in a different room, I have to use two apps to control everything. The marantz app works great, every time... the Apple TV remote app is AWFUL. It crashes half the time, and other times, it simpy wont 'wake up' the apple TV. There's nothing you can do except go to the other room and either use the remote, or power cycle the Apple TV (because of course you'd have to power cycle it, how hard is it to put a few buttons on the device itself for basic functions).

Anyway, I was looking into the HDMI CEC feature but the manual says if I use the Zone 4 feature, and set the output monitor as the Zone 4 monitor, then If I turn on a device in the Main Zone, it will turn on the Zone 4 monitor. I don't want that. Honestly, all I want is to turn on the Marantz with an app and somehow trigger the Apple TV to turn on when the Marantz is on and set to the media player input. Is this even possible?

Tags
Ken Kreisel Dxd 12012 Subwoofer , Marantz Av8801 , Receivers Amplifiers , Audyssey , Integra
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com