Marantz AV8801 Preamp/Processor Official Owner's thread - Page 438 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #13111 of 13113 Old 10-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Just so there is no confusion--go to Inputs, then Input Select, then Input Mode, which can be toggled between HDMI and 7.1 Ch In.

See it now?

D-oh!! Knew it was something simple that I missed. Thanks everyone.

Marantz AV8801, XPA-2 front, XPA-5 C-SL, SR, rear, OPPO BDP-105, B&W N803 mains, HTM2 center, LCR-6 S2 surrounds, DM 601 S2 Back, Velodyne Optimum 12 sub, Panasonic 60VT60, Directv HD HR-24, Panamax 5100. 3- dedicated 20 amp lines, Pro-Ject 2Experience TT, Ortofon Quintet Black, Musical Sourroundings Phonomena II + phono pre-amp.
Sponsored Links
post #13112 of 13113 Old Today, 08:12 AM
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Originally Posted by thundercow View Post
Thanks to all who offered help. Yes, I have a warranty, on paper at least.

But a warning, and I hate to break up this Marantz love-fest, I have tried for weeks to get an RMA for warranty repair on the AV8801, and Marantz has been unresponsive. The facebook girl is trying but still no response from support. I replaced the AV8801 with a Yamaha equivalent and everything works again.

So, consider strongly if you reading this thread to go in this direction, it's been pretty much a few thousand down a hole for me so far.
Let me ask the obvious question, did you purchase your 8801 from an authorized dealer? if yes, I don't know why Marantz gives you a hard time? I just have a problem with my AV8801, no HDMI output, and with only one month left on my warranty. I called the customer support (yes, I had to wait a long time like 15 mins), however they immediately gave me the nearest authorized service center (well, it's still 2 hrs away from me). I have the option of UPS to the service center, out of my pocket, but they will ship back for free. I chose to drive there but have them ship back. My machine is still at the shop as they need to replace the HDMI board, but so far I think Marantz's service has been very good.

Last edited by btran33; Today at 08:15 AM. Reason: typo
post #13113 of 13113 Old Today, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I've had my 8801 for a couple of months now. I have 3 sources: a HTPC running either Windows Media Center (to watch TV) or Plex (to watch movies); a blu-ray player and an apple TV. All of the movies I have that run on Plex are set to run at 24p so whenever a film starts, there's a slight pause in the video while the refresh rate of the display chain changes. When the movie is over, however, sometimes I'll just get a black screen. I can only fix the issue by either restarting the computer or power cycling the 8801. It only ever has happened with Plex and switching back and forth between 24p mode. I have never had this issue with the blu-ray player which is also running in 24p mode. I also haven't had this issue when the HTPC is set to Windows Media Center which runs at 60hz. So I can eliminate the computer itself as being a cause for problem but I'm not sure if it is just normal for the 8801 to freak out sporadically when switching to 24p from a computer source. I have a cheap pioneer receiver also running the same type of computer with Plex, and it never has that issue. Is this a symptom of the HDMI board on the 8801 going out, or is this just a quirk I have to live with? I really dont want to RMA the device, especially since I cannot reproduce this issue consistently. Do any of you have a HTPC running into the 8801 and have you experienced any similar issue?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Ken Kreisel Dxd 12012 Subwoofer , Marantz Av8801 , Receivers Amplifiers , Audyssey , Integra
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page