Pioneer Connectivity issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 10-02-2012, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Pioneer VSX-1325(same as VSX-30 I believe) and I have connectivity issues. For the past few years the receiver has been connected to the internet without issues. I could listen to net radio, connect to via web browser and also control it by iPad app. Now I can't do any of that. The strange thing is that the IP assigned to has changed to 169.254.123.7 which all my other devices begin with 192.168.1.XXX. I have tried entering the IP manually to something that start with 192.168.1.XXX but I still don't get internet radio or able to login with web browser using static IP. Check the cable connections and everything seems fine. Also did port forwarding on my router and nothing. What could be my problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-02-2012, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Did you change routers recently?

That ip address used to be in the designated range of class B addresses, when home routers are supposed to assign what used to be called class C addresses. The class designations aren't used anymore, but something caused the ip address to be re-assigned. Was the 169 address in the receiver, the router or both? If it's both, then the router assigned it. Does your router have the ability to change the range of ip addresses it assigns? I admit, I haven't bought one in 5+yrs but none that I know of ever assigned anything but 192.168.1.xxx, the most common class C address range used for local networks.

Port forwarding isn't going to do anything, since it's supposed to forward traffic on a port to another port. TCP-IP traffic is port 80. Other services like email, telnet, specific gaming use different ports, & don't think there's any reason why you would need to do port forwarding or even if it would accomplish anything.

Is the receiver still set to DHCP server so it takes the ip address that the router assigns?

It's possible you may have visited a web site that did some "hijacking" - who knows.

Unless some service you set the receiver up for, like an internet radio or streaming service, changes the ip address on the receiver in order for it to download content and play it, it shouldn't have changed on its own smile.gif I don't use services like Pandora or Pioneer's vtuner service yet so don't know if they would do this or not.

I suggest deleting the ip assignments in your router if that's an option & definitely un-plug & reboot the router so it re-discovers all the connected devices and then you should go into the router config and see what the new ip addresses are. Unless you have some new router feature I'm not aware of, they should all begin with 192.168.1.xxx with default subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.

You may also want to run both an antivirus & malware scan to be sure on your PC just to be safe.

Steve
post #3 of 9 Old 10-02-2012, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Actually I did change the router recently but I did have it working with the current router until yesterday. I will switch to my previous router when I get home tonight and let you know how I make out. Thanks
post #4 of 9 Old 10-02-2012, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

So i unplugged my router and installed my second one. At first I only connected the Pioneer receiver but still showing the same IP. Then I plugged in my laptop in the router and open the browser. When looking at connected devices I see 2 my laptop and the second one has blank IP address and the mac address doesn't match the mac address on the pioneer so I'm not sure what else it see's. This was all with DHCP on. I turned it off and give it a static IP but the router still doesn't see the Pioneer receiver.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-03-2012, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

I just saw in the manual that I can reset the receiver. If I do this as a last resort I'm assuming I will lose all of my settings including the fine tuning I did for the speakers. If so is there a way to back up this information before I reset the receiver or do I have to manually right everything down first.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-03-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

^^
unfortunately, manually writing it down seems to be your option.
weird behavior, especially mismatched MAC's. unless one of the services you signed up for just changes the IP address in the receiver. confused.gif

since I can't see what you're looking at or doing, I'm not sure what else to suggest. maybe the last resort...start over from scratch.

Steve
post #7 of 9 Old 10-04-2012, 03:58 AM - Thread Starter

The first time I unplugged the network cables and the power cord to the router but never taught to remove power cord from the receiver. Last night I unplugged the receiver for about 30 minutes and when I plugged it back in and turn it on it got a correct IP. Everything work good now.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-04-2012, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

^^
good job!
just like a PC, rebooting can fix some errors wink.gif

it's possible that some service or site you're streaming from changed the receiver or router's assigned IP address. If DHCP is turned on in the receiver, tho, it's supposed to get its address from the router, so something went haywire there. A refresh was in order.

glad it worked out smile.gif

Steve
post #9 of 9 Old 10-04-2012, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter

The sites i'm streaming from are the ones pre programmed in the receiver so they should be OK. This all started a few days after I connected the receiver to my home automation system so maybe that was the trigger. I reconnected to the home automation again last night and it works perfectly. Let's hope it stays that way.smile.gif
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page