A/V Reveiver and HDMI Switch - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-03-2012, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I'm planning to get a Yamaha AV Receiver for my 5.1 B&W 600 series and I have a question. I want to connect my PC monitor to the receiver as the main output and then connect an HD satellite, PC, PS3 and an SACD player as inputs into the receiver. I want to be able to use the PC and Monitor too without having to switch on the av receiver, but my monitor only has 2 inputs, 1 DVI and 1 VGA, so I can't use the VGA connection to connect the PC directly since 1080p doesn't work for some reason. So I was thinking of using and HDMI switch, so that I would have the monitor as output and AV receiver and PC as inputs. Will the HDMI switch ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/501BN-Premium-switch-wireless-adapter/dp/B0049SCB2Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1349274433&sr=8-2 or http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quality-2-5Gbps-SKY-STB-Xbox360-Performance/dp/B0038K6MY2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1349274433&sr=8-3 ) accept input from an AV receiver?

I made a horrible paint diagram so you can understand me better. This is what I'm trying to do. Will this work with the HDMI switches I linked?

Thanks for reading guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-03-2012, 08:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Is the lack of ability to use the VGA port for 1080p a limitation of your video card? do you have the latest video driver updates? What card is it?

My pc is connected to two monitors and both can display 1080p. One uses DVI and the other VGA.

Afro GT
post #3 of 4 Old 10-03-2012, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

I have an AMD HD 7950 3Gb, so I don't think its a graphic card problem :/ All drivers updated
post #4 of 4 Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Ok I got the VGA slot working on 1080p so I guess I dont need the hdmi switch. ^^ Afrogt, does your VGA monitor have more contrast? I'm not sure but it's like it has more contrast when I connected it to the VGA port.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page