Help choosing a new receiever - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-03-2012, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Im looking for some advice. I have a Marantz sr7200 but im currently having to switch hdmi cables from devices to my projector and back again as the amp doesn't support hdmi cables. Im also using a optical splitter to change the audio sources.

Basically i dont want the modern equivalent of the marantz, i want something that is currently available that performs to the same standard. i have the tannoy mx or mercury range speakers.

Any help and advice greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-03-2012, 03:41 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1794 Post(s)
Liked: 1704
A max budget and features/inputs/output required would help. For the Denon line, you can review the first few posts in the Denon AVR-XX12 (last year's models) and XX13 (this year's models) threads linked in my sig to compare models and their features. The 2112CI/2113CI is most likely the best buy as they both offer the the more advanced version of Audyssey MultEQ XT.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 10-03-2012, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

A max budget and features/inputs/output required would help. For the Denon line, you can review the first few posts in the Denon AVR-XX12 (last year's models) and XX13 (this year's models) threads linked in my sig to compare models and their features. The 2112CI/2113CI is most likely the best buy as they both offer the the more advanced version of Audyssey MultEQ XT.

Ok thanks.

Well feature wise i want the same as the marrantz but with hdmi. Standard dolby or dts, and hdmi 1.4 support. 4 hdmi inputs and 1 out, same amount of optical inputs, 4 and maybe an out if this is a common feature.

Im not sure on budget but dont want to be spending hundreds of pounds, the cheapest possible really.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-03-2012, 03:57 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1794 Post(s)
Liked: 1704
Pounds puts you over the pond, so you may be better served using the European based AVForums.com site. Most any model going back 2 years should be HDMI 1.4, although optical inputs are becoming a thing of the past so you may have to settle for using an optical switch to provide additional inputs. Look for an older model from 2010 to likely get the most optical inputs. Also note that when reviewing the XX12 and XX13 Owner's threads, not all models are offered in the UK.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page