Marantz SR5007 Owner's Thread - Page 32 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #931 of 946 Old 06-23-2014, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HELP, NO VIDEO OUT . I think calling for warranty is the next step but thought I'd ask if anyone has seen this and open to suggestions. I too have no video output, but I did NOT do an update. in fact, I went on vacation, came back and blue screen. Here is what I tried:

For a while, sometimes when I turn the system on, I'd get sound, but video would be a blue screen. to fix
it, I'd switch inputs with the remote and then switch back. worked fine. annoying, but not a show stopper.

Just got back from vacation and I've got blue screen no matter what I do (reciever is putting out sound, but no video). I checked the HDMI cable and projector by plugging the projector directly into the Directv box. no problem - good picture

Then I plugged HDMI back into Marantz and the reciever is still giving out the TV sound, but no video. projector gives me the blue screen..

I then tried to go into the set up mode on the MArantz to get the on screen programming. the unit said "look at the tv" so it thought it was sending video, but still blue screen.

lastly, I read a chunk of this thread and found that there are two types of system resets on the unit. I tried both of them to no
avail. I'd love to have a quick solution, but I fear Marantz will have to get involved.

open to all thoughts and advice. not really interested in sending the unit out or in having the room out of service for some time.

thanks, in advance
Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 946 Old 06-25-2014, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 47
This is probably a dumb question, but I just moved my whole setup into my new apartment and I forgot which connection I had the subwoofer plugged into. Am I supposed to connect it to the SW1 connection under "PRE OUT" or the SW connection under "7.1 CH IN"?

post #933 of 946 Old 06-25-2014, 04:29 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 1340
Pre-out. The input would be used when passing an analog .1 signal from a source device (eg. SACD player).
cuzzin likes this.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #934 of 946 Old 06-25-2014, 04:39 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gabriel View Post
HELP, NO VIDEO OUT . I think calling for warranty is the next step but thought I'd ask if anyone has seen this and open to suggestions. I too have no video output, but I did NOT do an update. in fact, I went on vacation, came back and blue screen. Here is what I tried:

For a while, sometimes when I turn the system on, I'd get sound, but video would be a blue screen. to fix
it, I'd switch inputs with the remote and then switch back. worked fine. annoying, but not a show stopper.

Just got back from vacation and I've got blue screen no matter what I do (reciever is putting out sound, but no video). I checked the HDMI cable and projector by plugging the projector directly into the Directv box. no problem - good picture

Then I plugged HDMI back into Marantz and the reciever is still giving out the TV sound, but no video. projector gives me the blue screen..

I then tried to go into the set up mode on the MArantz to get the on screen programming. the unit said "look at the tv" so it thought it was sending video, but still blue screen.

lastly, I read a chunk of this thread and found that there are two types of system resets on the unit. I tried both of them to no
avail. I'd love to have a quick solution, but I fear Marantz will have to get involved.

open to all thoughts and advice. not really interested in sending the unit out or in having the room out of service for some time.

thanks, in advance
Michael
Try unplugging all HDMI cables from the AVR and the source devices, and then power off and unplug all devices for at least 10 minutes. Connect all cables and power on the TV, wait a few seconds, power on the AVR, wait a few seconds, and then power on the source device. If this works, going forward, you'll likely want to follow this power on sequence and if using a programmable remote, program a few second delay between each component being powered on.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #935 of 946 Old 06-29-2014, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I have the marantz sr 5007, would it work well with magnepan 1.7's or any other 4ohm rated set of floorstanders? I was told in another forum that it would be no problem at all.
post #936 of 946 Old 06-29-2014, 02:13 PM
585-645-1006

^^
No problem at moderate TV listening levels but may shut down the AVR when approaching louder movie reference level volume.

post #937 of 946 Old 06-29-2014, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
No problem at moderate TV listening levels but may shut down the AVR when approaching louder movie reference level volume.
My main interest is music but I would want to crank it up with blu rays. Sounds like I may want to add a power amp.
post #938 of 946 Old 07-19-2014, 02:57 AM
hj2

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all,

I am quite new to HT and recenty i purchased the (so far) fabulous SR 7005.
Everything is working fine and i am fine tuning my setup ( alittle complex for me since my setup is 5.2, where the subs are in my Avantek nine main speakers...
The problem i have now: when i play spotify over my laptop everything works like it should. The amp switches on, then switches to NET/USB and the music starts. However, i can see the volume flying up to 75 each time it automaticaly makes this switch! My neighbors are dear to me, so is there a way to set the initial volume per source? All the other sources do not change volume, only spotify (on windows through airfoil by the way)..

Some help would be very much apreciated!
Regards from a hot and sunny Nethelands,

HJ2
post #939 of 946 Old 07-19-2014, 04:06 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Using Airfoil (or Airplay) the initial volume is controlled by the source streaming device. So ensure the Windows volume is set lower.

post #940 of 946 Old 07-24-2014, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I've moved my setup into my new apartment and I no longer have an easy way of running an ethernet cable from my modem directly into the receiver. I am now looking for a new way to get my Galaxy S4 hooked up to the receiver so that I may play music through it (now that AirPlay is no longer an option). The USB connection only seems good for charging the phone and the aux jack that I used to use in my car doesn't seem to fit anywhere on the receiver. Anyone have any good ideas?

post #941 of 946 Old 07-26-2014, 01:56 PM
585-645-1006

^^
You may want to consider using a wireless modem set to "bridge" mode or using PowerLine adapters.

post #942 of 946 Old 07-28-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post
I've moved my setup into my new apartment and I no longer have an easy way of running an ethernet cable from my modem directly into the receiver. I am now looking for a new way to get my Galaxy S4 hooked up to the receiver so that I may play music through it (now that AirPlay is no longer an option). The USB connection only seems good for charging the phone and the aux jack that I used to use in my car doesn't seem to fit anywhere on the receiver. Anyone have any good ideas?
You can try getting some of those cheap bluetooth recievers. That is what I use for my Galaxy S3 and Xperia Z1S. It was on slickdeals for like $5.
post #943 of 946 Old 07-28-2014, 06:08 PM

I have a problem with my SR5007 receiver. I recently moved and after moving everything back in and setting it up, I am getting no sound (subwoofers still work fine). When I first had it set up, the middle channel speaker was the only one working in the DTS modes (I forget which one but I think it was the music modes). It displays via the HDMI port via all my sources (PS3, PC, etc) just zero sound besides the subwoofer. Here is what I have tried.

(subwoofer works the whole times btw)
1. I changed the wiring, re cut the ends. made sure there is no fraying. Still no sound.
2. Let the receiver sit unpowered for a few days. I connected it, no sound still.
3. Did a microprocessor reset 4-5 times, only connected the front two main speakers and subwoofer. Still no sound
4. Tried all new wiring. Still no change.

Is it possible for a fuse to have blown? I find it hard to believe that since the unit works perfectly fine besides no sound. I am going to try opening and blowing out dust inside to see if that helps and maybe trying a different outlet?

EDIT:
My setup is as follows:
2 Jamo Subwoofers (150W each)
2 Jamo Tower Speakers
1 Jamo center speaker
2 Jamo Surround speakers
2 Jamo outdoor speakers (on my computer desk) (they are disconnected though)
post #944 of 946 Old 07-28-2014, 06:25 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Does the TUNER work? Try different HDMI cables. Do the devices all pass audio when connected directly to the TV?

post #945 of 946 Old 07-28-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Does the TUNER work? Try different HDMI cables. Do the devices all pass audio when connected directly to the TV?
Yup they all worked when I had it at my apartment. The subwoofers work so I assume it must be passing it okay. I tried different HDMI cables and no change. I also tried using the front and rear aux input with good RCA cables but nothing. Still just sound from the subwoofers.

I actually sent you an email. I tried updating the firmware and it says "System is Busy. Try again later". No idea what that means lol. I am going to try a different USB stick.
post #946 of 946 Old 07-29-2014, 03:04 AM
585-645-1006

^^
Does the TUNER work? Do the devices all pass audio when connected directly to the TV?

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page