Marantz SR5007 Owner's Thread - Page 32 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #931 of 937 Old 06-23-2014, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HELP, NO VIDEO OUT . I think calling for warranty is the next step but thought I'd ask if anyone has seen this and open to suggestions. I too have no video output, but I did NOT do an update. in fact, I went on vacation, came back and blue screen. Here is what I tried:

For a while, sometimes when I turn the system on, I'd get sound, but video would be a blue screen. to fix
it, I'd switch inputs with the remote and then switch back. worked fine. annoying, but not a show stopper.

Just got back from vacation and I've got blue screen no matter what I do (reciever is putting out sound, but no video). I checked the HDMI cable and projector by plugging the projector directly into the Directv box. no problem - good picture

Then I plugged HDMI back into Marantz and the reciever is still giving out the TV sound, but no video. projector gives me the blue screen..

I then tried to go into the set up mode on the MArantz to get the on screen programming. the unit said "look at the tv" so it thought it was sending video, but still blue screen.

lastly, I read a chunk of this thread and found that there are two types of system resets on the unit. I tried both of them to no
avail. I'd love to have a quick solution, but I fear Marantz will have to get involved.

open to all thoughts and advice. not really interested in sending the unit out or in having the room out of service for some time.

thanks, in advance
Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 937 Old 06-25-2014, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 47
This is probably a dumb question, but I just moved my whole setup into my new apartment and I forgot which connection I had the subwoofer plugged into. Am I supposed to connect it to the SW1 connection under "PRE OUT" or the SW connection under "7.1 CH IN"?

post #933 of 937 Old 06-25-2014, 04:29 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
Pre-out. The input would be used when passing an analog .1 signal from a source device (eg. SACD player).
cuzzin likes this.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #934 of 937 Old 06-25-2014, 04:39 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gabriel View Post
HELP, NO VIDEO OUT . I think calling for warranty is the next step but thought I'd ask if anyone has seen this and open to suggestions. I too have no video output, but I did NOT do an update. in fact, I went on vacation, came back and blue screen. Here is what I tried:

For a while, sometimes when I turn the system on, I'd get sound, but video would be a blue screen. to fix
it, I'd switch inputs with the remote and then switch back. worked fine. annoying, but not a show stopper.

Just got back from vacation and I've got blue screen no matter what I do (reciever is putting out sound, but no video). I checked the HDMI cable and projector by plugging the projector directly into the Directv box. no problem - good picture

Then I plugged HDMI back into Marantz and the reciever is still giving out the TV sound, but no video. projector gives me the blue screen..

I then tried to go into the set up mode on the MArantz to get the on screen programming. the unit said "look at the tv" so it thought it was sending video, but still blue screen.

lastly, I read a chunk of this thread and found that there are two types of system resets on the unit. I tried both of them to no
avail. I'd love to have a quick solution, but I fear Marantz will have to get involved.

open to all thoughts and advice. not really interested in sending the unit out or in having the room out of service for some time.

thanks, in advance
Michael
Try unplugging all HDMI cables from the AVR and the source devices, and then power off and unplug all devices for at least 10 minutes. Connect all cables and power on the TV, wait a few seconds, power on the AVR, wait a few seconds, and then power on the source device. If this works, going forward, you'll likely want to follow this power on sequence and if using a programmable remote, program a few second delay between each component being powered on.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #935 of 937 Old 06-29-2014, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I have the marantz sr 5007, would it work well with magnepan 1.7's or any other 4ohm rated set of floorstanders? I was told in another forum that it would be no problem at all.
post #936 of 937 Old 06-29-2014, 02:13 PM
585-645-1006

^^
No problem at moderate TV listening levels but may shut down the AVR when approaching louder movie reference level volume.

post #937 of 937 Old 06-29-2014, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
No problem at moderate TV listening levels but may shut down the AVR when approaching louder movie reference level volume.
My main interest is music but I would want to crank it up with blu rays. Sounds like I may want to add a power amp.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page