Marantz SR5007 Owner's Thread - Page 36 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
post #1051 of 1058 Old 07-12-2016, 02:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to Jerry Prasetyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
As you'll likely be purchasing from a dealer in your country ... best to check with the dealer.
oh ok thank you for your advise
about the strength of HDMI Module, is Marantz especially SR5007 is better or have better system architecture in PCB compare to other brand like Onkyo/Denon/Yamaha
My Onkyo pass away last month on HDMI module, so because the DTS/Dolby Chip is designed in one PCB of HDMI module so that receiver is useless even I try to use component connection...so sad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1058 Old 07-12-2016, 03:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10986 Post(s)
Liked: 5088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Prasetyo View Post
oh ok thank you for your advise
about the strength of HDMI Module, is Marantz especially SR5007 is better or have better system architecture in PCB compare to other brand like Onkyo/Denon/Yamaha
My Onkyo pass away last month on HDMI module, so because the DTS/Dolby Chip is designed in one PCB of HDMI module so that receiver is useless even I try to use component connection...so sad
Yes, the SR5007 would be a good choice.
post #1053 of 1058 Old 09-19-2016, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Hoping someone can help me. I recently purchased a Vizio P65-C1. When streaming Netflix through the TV (connecting to SR5007 via HDMI ARC) the audio doesn't work unless I set the TV's output to PCM. I see that Marantz put out a notice that they were aware of the issue with Netflix and DD+. Which I assume they fix via an update. I have the latest update, but I can still only get 2 channel to work via PCM. If I try to stream DD+ I just get a clipping noise.

Is there anything that I can do about this?
post #1054 of 1058 Unread 10-21-2016, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadrojcote View Post
Hoping someone can help me. I recently purchased a Vizio P65-C1. When streaming Netflix through the TV (connecting to SR5007 via HDMI ARC) the audio doesn't work unless I set the TV's output to PCM. I see that Marantz put out a notice that they were aware of the issue with Netflix and DD+. Which I assume they fix via an update. I have the latest update, but I can still only get 2 channel to work via PCM. If I try to stream DD+ I just get a clipping noise.

Is there anything that I can do about this?
I have exactly the same issue, also with a Vizio TV. Did you resolve this? Have you tried an optical out from the the TV? I was really hoping ARC would work right, but it appears the SR5007 is the culprit. The Vizio is capable of DD+ passthrough via optical, so that was my next step.

UPDATE:

I was able to get Dolby Digital to work on via optical out, but only after turning "HDMI Control" off. Dolby Digital, Bitstream and Auto settings for the audio all worked. The Marantz display showed "Dolby D", so I'm not certain whether it was decoding DD+ or just DD. Unfortunately, turning HDMI Control off eliminates a the other useful CEC features, so this is far less than ideal. Turning HDMI Control back on caused the Marantz to use the ARC audio again, and it was back to clipping for all audio but PCM.

Does anyone know of another way around this? Either to enable DD+ via ARC, or to let the Marantz use the optical audio input while HDMI Control is enabled?

Last edited by badger98; 10-21-2016 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Update
post #1055 of 1058 Unread 10-21-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger98 View Post
I have exactly the same issue, also with a Vizio TV. Did you resolve this? Have you tried an optical out from the the TV? I was really hoping ARC would work right, but it appears the SR5007 is the culprit. The Vizio is capable of DD+ passthrough via optical, so that was my next step.

UPDATE:

I was able to get Dolby Digital to work on via optical out, but only after turning "HDMI Control" off. Dolby Digital, Bitstream and Auto settings for the audio all worked. The Marantz display showed "Dolby D", so I'm not certain whether it was decoding DD+ or just DD. Unfortunately, turning HDMI Control off eliminates a the other useful CEC features, so this is far less than ideal. Turning HDMI Control back on caused the Marantz to use the ARC audio again, and it was back to clipping for all audio but PCM.

Does anyone know of another way around this? Either to enable DD+ via ARC, or to let the Marantz use the optical audio input while HDMI Control is enabled?
I've been told it was because the vizio tv's add some sore of atmos metadata into the DD+ signal. Even though my marantz was supposed to be capable of DD+ over arc it wouldnt work. I also went to using optical. Until I got a smoking deal on an Onkyo tx-Nr646. Which works fine over ARC, I'm guessing because it supports atmos.
badger98 likes this.
post #1056 of 1058 Unread 10-21-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadrojcote View Post
I've been told it was because the vizio tv's add some sore of atmos metadata into the DD+ signal. Even though my marantz was supposed to be capable of DD+ over arc it wouldnt work. I also went to using optical. Until I got a smoking deal on an Onkyo tx-Nr646. Which works fine over ARC, I'm guessing because it supports atmos.
Out of curiousity, were you able to get the Vizio to output via optical while CEC was enabled? I saw an "ARC Only" option under CEC, but unfortunately no "Control Only", and the optical out appears to be disabled when CEC is on.
post #1057 of 1058 Unread 10-21-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger98 View Post
Out of curiousity, were you able to get the Vizio to output via optical while CEC was enabled? I saw an "ARC Only" option under CEC, but unfortunately no "Control Only", and the optical out appears to be disabled when CEC is on.
I believe it was. I cant recall for sure the settings I had, but I know I was able to control the amp volume with the tv remote still even though it was sending the signal through optical.

Sometimes arc and cec issues can be due to poor quality cables too.
post #1058 of 1058 Unread 10-21-2016, 01:25 PM

While I would much prefer an ARC that was compatible with the SR5007, I think I found the best workaround. It occurred to me that the Vizio has only one HDMI input with ARC (HDMI-1), and the rest don't support it. The others, though, do support CEC.

So, I made HDMI-2 my input to the TV from the SR5007, ran the optical output from the TV back to the SR5007. With a non-ARC HDMI connection, it was then possible to configure the TV AUDIO input to use at OPT-1. There's really no benefit of running the SR5007 into HDMI-1 anyway. The receiver can't pass HDR, and the combo of TV/Receiver can't pass Dolby Digital over ARC. Minus the extra optical cable, there's really no compromise.

Just thought I'd share the trick in case it's useful to anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr5007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread