Anyone have an NAD T787? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 78 Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
JVCX90RJEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Searched and didn't find much
JVCX90RJEL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 78 Old 10-10-2012, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
JVCX90RJEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No owner on here?
JVCX90RJEL is offline  
post #3 of 78 Old 10-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
dean-l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Under a Moderator's Thumb
Posts: 635
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Bump.

Like to hear something from an owner too.

Moderator harassment is wrong and immoral.  
dean-l is offline  
post #4 of 78 Old 10-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Member
 
snookboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Me too. No one??
snookboy is offline  
post #5 of 78 Old 10-15-2012, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bdfox18doe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Not Me..tongue.gif

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the FOX,ABC,CBS,or CW Networks,MeTv, my employer or its parent company. Nor my wife for that matter!
bdfox18doe is online now  
post #6 of 78 Old 10-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Senior Member
 
GerryWaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Me, three. smile.gif

Strange that a AVR that's had some great reviews has no posters in this thread . . .
GerryWaz is offline  
post #7 of 78 Old 10-18-2012, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
JVCX90RJEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am starting to think that people are waiting for XT32 to be included in the next model. I am leaning toward the Integra 80.3 receiver
at this point because of the missing XT32 myself
JVCX90RJEL is offline  
post #8 of 78 Old 10-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
 
GerryWaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hmm, interesting observation . . . smile.gif
GerryWaz is offline  
post #9 of 78 Old 01-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Member
 
JeRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have recently purchased the T787 and have some favorable opinions of it.
Anyone else ?
JeRed is offline  
post #10 of 78 Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Member
 
kodi41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a t785 pretty much the same receiver.

ATi 1805/Odyssey Stratos/NAD T785, LG BR, Tosh HD, Integra RDC-7& RDA-7, Thorens TD-318, Shure Ultra 400s, AQ cable's. 2 JBL 2241 18" subs/ JBLTi/L series Mains and surround (2 centers), 2 MK MX-250's, MK 1250Thx rear For HT, 60" Pany Plasma- APC power protection and stablizer. 110" projetion soon.
kodi41 is offline  
post #11 of 78 Old 03-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Newbie
 
supermo26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
what was the price of this AVR?
I heard a NAD that was $4000.00 not sure if it was this modle or not.
supermo26 is offline  
post #12 of 78 Old 03-13-2013, 11:21 PM
Member
 
fiske's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Norway
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a T787 and I love it.
Had the T785 before, but even though they should be very similare the T787 is better and sounds better.
It's just like it's driving the speakers better. Have more tight control.

I'm a happy guy and love the NAD sound.
fiske is offline  
post #13 of 78 Old 03-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Newbie
 
JCMDesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello:

I just joined the forum. I am a NAD T787 owner. I absolutely love it. I have it driving PSB Synchrony II, TwoC center and S surounds with and HD8 sub.

I have noticed some weird issues.

Audyssey - When I first ran it, it completely distorted the sound that I thought my speakers blew. I re-calibtrated and it sounded normal. it blew subwoofer.

Fans - mine stay on all the time and are audible

One day under low level two channel listening, it went into protection mode and never came out. I brought it and it needed a ton of work, including two new surround back channels that blew with no speakers hooked up.

any thoughts on this?
JCMDesign is offline  
post #14 of 78 Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 AM
Member
 
JSouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I picked up a refurbished t787 for 3000 and absolutely love it. I had to run audyssey twice to get correct settings but so far I haven't noticed any other issues. SQ is incredible compared to my last few avr's which were, marantz, h/k, denon and onkyo. I wanted an avr without video processing and more focus on SQ. I let my oppo take care of video.
JSouth is offline  
post #15 of 78 Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Senior Member
 
snyderkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSouth View Post

I picked up a refurbished t787 for 3000 and absolutely love it. I had to run audyssey twice to get correct settings but so far I haven't noticed any other issues. SQ is incredible compared to my last few avr's which were, marantz, h/k, denon and onkyo. I wanted an avr without video processing and more focus on SQ. I let my oppo take care of video.

Just picked up a refurbed 787 from spearitsound. I trust refurb's over new since they get special attention from the factory. Whatever was going to brake, did and was replaced. They get more personal attention including firmware updates and testing as opposed to being pumped out of a factory line. Just my personal thought.

JVC, since the unit is modular, no need to wait for XT32 model. When the new model comes out with XT32, I'm sure the card will be avialable
snyderkv is offline  
post #16 of 78 Old 05-17-2013, 02:58 AM
Member
 
Hifi4Hobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMDesign View Post

Hello:

I just joined the forum. I am a NAD T787 owner. I absolutely love it. I have it driving PSB Synchrony II, TwoC center and S surounds with and HD8 sub.

I have noticed some weird issues.

Audyssey - When I first ran it, it completely distorted the sound that I thought my speakers blew. I re-calibtrated and it sounded normal. it blew subwoofer.

Fans - mine stay on all the time and are audible

One day under low level two channel listening, it went into protection mode and never came out. I brought it and it needed a ton of work, including two new surround back channels that blew with no speakers hooked up.

any thoughts on this?

The fans shouldnt be ON all the time..looks like you have a lemon unit..better get a refund and look elsewhere, dude..

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderkv View Post

Just picked up a refurbed 787 from spearitsound. I trust refurb's over new since they get special attention from the factory. Whatever was going to brake, did and was replaced. They get more personal attention including firmware updates and testing as opposed to being pumped out of a factory line. Just my personal thought.

JVC, since the unit is modular, no need to wait for XT32 model. When the new model comes out with XT32, I'm sure the card will be avialable

This could be a way to get a "defect" free NAD as factory A stock can come with defect that can make a "potato" out of yourself. Check around for NAD known issues..
Hifi4Hobby is offline  
post #17 of 78 Old 05-17-2013, 04:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bommai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 4,515
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just FYI - every brand has lemons. It is the luck of the draw. I have a 775 that has performed great over the last 2 years. The fan is a little bit loud, I might call NAD about it. Their customer service is A class.
bommai is offline  
post #18 of 78 Old 05-17-2013, 05:00 AM
Senior Member
 
jrhooper1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I know Spearitsound only offers 7 day refunds. After 7 days, they only give a store credit within the first 30 days. I think I would need more than seven days to audition a $3,000 refurbished receiver. And it better bring alot to the party, or it would be returned in a heartbeat.

I would say many of those refurbs are returns !! LOL With a new one 787 retailing for $4,000, I would say many people return within the seven days.
jrhooper1963 is offline  
post #19 of 78 Old 05-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Member
 
Hifi4Hobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post

Just FYI - every brand has lemons. It is the luck of the draw. I have a 775 that has performed great over the last 2 years. The fan is a little bit loud, I might call NAD about it. Their customer service is A class.

No doubt every brand has lemons but it depends how they handle the case to the end. In many case, the units werent abused and were used in proper manner but the consistency of the reliability isnt there so when products keep failing, would you put the blame on the customers when others also experience the same? And if you're selling a product that stands at $4000/piece, how much frustration and inconvenience are you willing to accept for what apparently is the reliability the manufacturer needs to rectify? 2 years is just the minimum duration what a well reputable electronics brand products should last for. What happen after the 2 years when the warranty lapsed? Should something goes wrong, are you willing to pay for it? You add these after warranty cost of repair, the products offering ended up isnt as "value buy" as you thought and led to believe.

In my case, I have loud hissing noise from the original unit followed by the 2nd replacement units totally malfunctioned all within a year!! So should i blame myself for bad luck in choosing this brand and accept them to take apart the unit, replaced whatever seem not working and give you back the units to take it home and cross your fingers that you dont jinx the units again? I spent $11k on their products and frankly my previous system which cost half of the cost works so much more reliable out of the box and perform superbly until i decided that the NADs are better by the looks and spec and switched over to the nightmare. So much so for "dont judge a book by its cover" huh?

I just think that it isnt right for manufacturer to take advantage of the consumers who is tolerable and patient with sub par products reliability and continue to ride on such trend to their glory. If you have a problem, admit it and work it out at the best interest of the customers, not pointing at them and said "the units might be abused or other factors in the customer's place that can cause the products to malfunction!!" and "since customer isnt not cooperative, there's nothing much we can do" kind of lame excuses.

If for sets broke down within the 1st month, by you insisting for a new replacement sets is termed "not cooperative" and with the 2nd sets showing popping/high pitching sound and you followed through with their technician for step by step diagnose and took the effort to do firmware flashing is termed "not cooperative" and by you ran out of patient to take time off to do all these and possibly more time off for what's to come therefore ask for the refund is termed "not cooperative", tell me what's then? mad.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post

I know Spearitsound only offers 7 day refunds. After 7 days, they only give a store credit within the first 30 days. I think I would need more than seven days to audition a $3,000 refurbished receiver. And it better bring alot to the party, or it would be returned in a heartbeat.

I would say many of those refurbs are returns !! LOL With a new one 787 retailing for $4,000, I would say many people return within the seven days.

Returns might be the smaller portion of it but i think more like those are the units that failed/malfunctioned and were returned and replaced by the manufacturer and then subsequently repaired and sold as "refurbs". My 1st returned sets were also sold to the other customers which to date these units are performing faultlessly according to the manufacturer. So i guess the "refurbs" units do perform better than factory A stock in this particular brand smile.gif

So based on my own experience, if you are experiencing any weird behavior on these gears, pls video it so you stand to have the proof to defense yourself should the inevitable happens (pls record the serial number as well). At least you wont ended up like me with $11k worth of products sitting at the corner collecting dust!!!

Hence, if you're a very patient person and believed you have huge dose of luck, then just ignore what i have shared and go ahead and try them..you might be well rewarded cool.gif
Hifi4Hobby is offline  
post #20 of 78 Old 05-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Senior Member
 
snyderkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
hi
snyderkv is offline  
post #21 of 78 Old 05-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Senior Member
 
snyderkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
hi
snyderkv is offline  
post #22 of 78 Old 05-17-2013, 06:57 PM
Senior Member
 
snyderkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post

I know Spearitsound only offers 7 day refunds. After 7 days, they only give a store credit within the first 30 days. I think I would need more than seven days to audition a $3,000 refurbished receiver. And it better bring alot to the party, or it would be returned in a heartbeat.

Have you even read the terms of service?

It's 7 days for a full refund and 30 days for store credit. Then NAD gives manufacture warranty quote "Nad Masters Series refurbished 2 years parts and labor" I have the master series. The same goes for the rest:

What NAD will do:
Should your NAD component fail to function properly due to a manufacturing defect, NAD/Lenbrook, at its sole discretion, will repair or replace it free of charge during the warranty period.
How to obtain service:
To obtain warranty service, please bring your unit along with the original invoice or bill of sale to your NAD dealer. If he is not an authorized NAD service center he will direct you to the nearest one or you may call 1-800-263-4641 for the location of the nearest NAD service dealer.

Note: The NAD warranty requires proof-of-purchase prior to any in-warranty repairs. Always retain your original sales slip.
What NAD will pay for:
We will pay all labor and material expenses for covered items, but you must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary to ship the product to NAD/Lenbrook or to an authorized NAD service center. If the repairs are covered by the warranty, NAD/Lenbrook or the service center will pay the return shipping charge.

By the way, I bought an M25 from a private seller and it poped as soon as I plugged it into the wall outlet. Guess what, no warranty. So please remind me of your sob refurb stories when I'm trying to get this thing repaired at my own expense
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post

I would say many of those refurbs are returns !! LOL With a new one 787 retailing for $4,000, I would say many people return within the seven days.

Also, 60% of statistics are made up
snyderkv is offline  
post #23 of 78 Old 05-18-2013, 12:14 AM
Member
 
Hifi4Hobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderkv View Post

Have you even read the terms of service?

It's 7 days for a full refund and 30 days for store credit. Then NAD gives manufacture warranty quote "Nad Masters Series refurbished 2 years parts and labor" I have the master series. The same goes for the rest:

What NAD will do:
Should your NAD component fail to function properly due to a manufacturing defect, NAD/Lenbrook, at its sole discretion, will repair or replace it free of charge during the warranty period.
How to obtain service:
To obtain warranty service, please bring your unit along with the original invoice or bill of sale to your NAD dealer. If he is not an authorized NAD service center he will direct you to the nearest one or you may call 1-800-263-4641 for the location of the nearest NAD service dealer.

Note: The NAD warranty requires proof-of-purchase prior to any in-warranty repairs. Always retain your original sales slip.
What NAD will pay for:
We will pay all labor and material expenses for covered items, but you must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary to ship the product to NAD/Lenbrook or to an authorized NAD service center. If the repairs are covered by the warranty, NAD/Lenbrook or the service center will pay the return shipping charge.

By the way, I bought an M25 from a private seller and it poped as soon as I plugged it into the wall outlet. Guess what, no warranty. So please remind me of your sob refurb stories when I'm trying to get this thing repaired at my own expense
Also, 60% of statistics are made up

How much does it cost for you to get that M25 up again? Rufurbs has to be coming from either manufacturer direct or authorized dealers with warranty to cover. So buying so called "refurbs" from private seller likely you'll ended up with a problematic unit that has gone beyond warranty period and/or declined by the manufacturer for whatever reasons they can find in their servicing clauses.

Is it tough to carry out one to one replacement of your customer's unit to keep up the reputation? Some manufacturers obviously think it's easier to do "blaming" game after sales and huge of pre sales promises and rosy pictures on their products. If you're buying into pre sales "**** load" of promises, make sure you tape them for your future disputes. It'll make your life easier..
Hifi4Hobby is offline  
post #24 of 78 Old 05-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Senior Member
 
snyderkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi4Hobby View Post

How much does it cost for you to get that M25 up again? Rufurbs has to be coming from either manufacturer direct or authorized dealers with warranty to cover. So buying so called "refurbs" from private seller likely you'll ended up with a problematic unit that has gone beyond warranty period and/or declined by the manufacturer for whatever reasons they can find in their servicing clauses.

Is it tough to carry out one to one replacement of your customer's unit to keep up the reputation? Some manufacturers obviously think it's easier to do "blaming" game after sales and huge of pre sales promises and rosy pictures on their products. If you're buying into pre sales "**** load" of promises, make sure you tape them for your future disputes. It'll make your life easier..

I have no idea what you're talking about but you continue to make assumptions. I clearly stated their warranty. Private purchases typically have no warranty such as mine that popped as soon as I plugged it into a wall outlet leaving me with $4000 paper weight.

A refurb is less likely to pop after getting personal attention from a test bench with firmware updates and new parts. Infact, my M15HD and M56 looked untouched and was still in plastic. I don't think it's uncommon for refurbs to be items that simply had a scratch from the manufacturer or was a return that was opened but never used.

What is your point, buyer beware? or just anti NAD/SS? I could buy an Arcam AVR600, oh but wait, that also comes with a laundry list of issues.
snyderkv is offline  
post #25 of 78 Old 05-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Member
 
Hifi4Hobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderkv View Post

I have no idea what you're talking about but you continue to make assumptions. I clearly stated their warranty. Private purchases typically have no warranty such as mine that popped as soon as I plugged it into a wall outlet leaving me with $4000 paper weight.

A refurb is less likely to pop after getting personal attention from a test bench with firmware updates and new parts. Infact, my M15HD and M56 looked untouched and was still in plastic. I don't think it's uncommon for refurbs to be items that simply had a scratch from the manufacturer or was a return that was opened but never used.

What is your point, buyer beware? or just anti NAD/SS? I could buy an Arcam AVR600, oh but wait, that also comes with a laundry list of issues.

Dude, you're good and precise at pointing and quoting warranty terms from NAD and you said i made assumption, which part of that is my assumption and how do you know it's an assumption and yet yours isnt? Unless you're telling me that you have facts to back it up and where do you get your facts from? And what are you defending?

And what's your point here? That you felt hurt because i said bad things bout what you believed in and owned? Or you happened to be someone associated with NAD? Of course these are assumptions about you so why not you tell me the facts..starting from now? Refurbs that went back to the factory can be easily restored to as new condition wherever possible and that includes new plastic as well..there's the possibility and i believed they did it too. Why not you talk to NAD so we can go visit the factory and see how "refurbs" are done and what's the hidden secret behind all the "refurbs" available out there including those return data on how many are actually returned because only opened up and not used, how many simply failed out from the box, within a month and so on?

I am sharing my experience and telling any potential buyers who cares about what they're buying to walk into the same scenario as me, does that bothers you? Or you have a better way to solve it without dragging in other brands too? It's like..hey..NAD sucks..but guess what? Arcam sucks too..so whoever got a lemon NADs, too bad..better luck next time.. So how many $4k worth of paper weight you want us to stack? I have $11k worth of paper weight stacking at the corner now..if you simply have the space and the money, why not i send these over to your place and you reimburse me $11k for the sheer paperweight so you may stack more? tongue.gif

Cool?
Hifi4Hobby is offline  
post #26 of 78 Old 05-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Senior Member
 
snyderkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
We get it, refurbs can be brand new or used and personally I don't care to know because I understand paying half price comes with some risk. But if you're not sincere about your story it comes off as a disgruntled buyer displaying half truths simply to hurt the reputation of a business. If NAD did not honor your warranty as you say, then take them to court and bring the terms of service agreement with you. I think it costs <$100 to file at the court house. But I doubt you have 11k worth of NAD paperweight. Who has that kind of luck?
snyderkv is offline  
post #27 of 78 Old 05-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Member
 
Hifi4Hobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderkv View Post

We get it, refurbs can be brand new or used and personally I don't care to know because I understand paying half price comes with some risk. But if you're not sincere about your story it comes off as a disgruntled buyer displaying half truths simply to hurt the reputation of a business. If NAD did not honor your warranty as you say, then take them to court and bring the terms of service agreement with you. I think it costs <$100 to file at the court house. But I doubt you have 11k worth of NAD paperweight. Who has that kind of luck?

Simply because you dont care if the brand has a track record of reliable products offering doesnt meant that your belief is applicable to others whom spent some of their hard earn money on something they have been dreaming off for months if not years to get but ended up with something else in their garage. I dont know how many i spoke of behalf but all i want is a reliable product that simply work and work and give me what its intented purpose is.

Which part of my story that you find i aint sincere? It sounds like you're making a huge assumption here..

NAD didnt honor my initial request so i am getting the Consumers Affairs to deal with them for the time being and frankly, if it has to be done by meant of court, i'll go for it and in the process i'll let the public knows how the real side of Lenbrook and its products as well. Though I have the belief that everyone deserves a 2nd chance so i am working with them to solve this case out of court but whether they'll learn to strengthen their products reliability or not, I have no control over it. The only thing i can do is to share my own story with whoever cares to read from here and judge it by themselves. I have done what i can to warn all AVS dudes on this brand and in fact any brands out there that would take their customers for a spin. I believed part of the reasons why we come to this forum is also to find out the brand/model we're looking at to get in the near future has any nasty issues or problems that could make us change our mind in getting them.

So what do you think i have at the corner of my place if it's not $11k worth of paper weight? In fact it's more than $11k given its RRP and since you doubt it, lets put a bet of $20k for you to doubt that i dont even own $11k worth of the NAD sitting at the corner wasted while I can double that amount to $40k if you win. How's that? FYI, I can show you both videos and photos together with my 1st batch serial numbers and 2nd batch serial numbers and you may counter check with NAD factory to see what are these models and what's their worth for you to consider putting your money down to bet for it.

Is your M25 still wasted at the corner? smile.gif
Hifi4Hobby is offline  
post #28 of 78 Old 05-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Senior Member
 
snyderkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Why did they not honor your warranty? I'm getting the feeling it's because the unit was purchased out of country or you moved out of country just guessing from your english.

Also, anyone who purchases 11k worth of equipment that just miraculously breaks probably doesn't make too many smart decisions in life in general. There are always two sides to these stories and I feel this one sided conversation is a little suspect.
snyderkv is offline  
post #29 of 78 Old 05-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Member
 
Hifi4Hobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderkv View Post

Why did they not honor your warranty? I'm getting the feeling it's because the unit was purchased out of country or you moved out of country just guessing from your english.

Also, anyone who purchases 11k worth of equipment that just miraculously breaks probably doesn't make too many smart decisions in life in general. There are always two sides to these stories and I feel this one sided conversation is a little suspect.


Lol..you are making pretty much assumption here and starting to do some personal attack as well. I have to admit making the decision to buy NAD is the worst decision i ever made. I dont have to clarify further when you need to get so LOW by carrying out personal attack. That speaks it all bout you for the brand. Good luck!!
Hifi4Hobby is offline  
post #30 of 78 Old 05-24-2013, 08:43 AM
Senior Member
 
snyderkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifi4Hobby View Post

Lol..you are making pretty much assumption here and starting to do some personal attack as well. I have to admit making the decision to buy NAD is the worst decision i ever made. I dont have to clarify further when you need to get so LOW by carrying out personal attack. That speaks it all bout you for the brand. Good luck!!

Sounds like I nailed it on the head
snyderkv is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Nad T 787

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off