Help, New House - 14 zones - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-05-2012, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I just purchased a house that is pre-wired for 14 separate zones. Everything from the garage to the kids bathrooms. Assuming I want to hook up all the zones (Each has a volume control in the room itself) what would be your reccomended config?

Right now all I have is a Pioneer VSX-1021 and Im prepared to spend some coin if needed.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-05-2012, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekonyk View Post

So I just purchased a house that is pre-wired for 14 separate zones. Everything from the garage to the kids bathrooms. Assuming I want to hook up all the zones (Each has a volume control in the room itself) what would be your reccomended config?
Right now all I have is a Pioneer VSX-1021 and Im prepared to spend some coin if needed.
Thanks for the help.

14 zones only? eek.gif I would consult NASA. Houston, Houston,..got a problem here...

On a serious note, and if I may ask, ...err,...do you really need "elevator music" in all those 14 zones simoultaneously? How much time do you spend in the garage while pulling in and our with your car(s)? . Please get serious on your/our hobby! smile.gif Dedicate a HT room and call it a day! smile.gif
post #3 of 4 Old 10-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
This comes to mind:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_190ZR6/Niles-ZR-6.html?tp=47041

Either something like that (well, several somethings like that) or you just need two 1000-watt monoblock amps and run all of the speakers in parallel from them.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-05-2012, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekonyk View Post

Thanks for the help.

SpeakerCraft has a 12 channel (6 x 2) amplifier model BB1235, 35W per CH. 2 of these will work fine for the amplifier portion.

Here is a link for more info.

http://www.speakercraft.com/products/electronics-a-accessories/big-bang-amplifiers?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_sc.tpl&product_id=112&category_id=9

Just my $0.02... wink.gif
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page